Shmurda

A "siddhi" is when a fool believes a liar

59 posts in this topic

Those who speak of "Siddhi" are liars using their tall tales as a way to make you believe they have super natural powers. In doing so they gain power over you.

Don't believe me? Show me a Siddhi and I'll show you a gullible fool, and even a motive for the pathology. 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

Sounds like you got it all figured out. Everyone's a fool but you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hey y'all. So I wrote this post in anger after reading some of Om Swami's "If truth be told". Early on in the book he claims that he cured a boy from leprosy by giving him a piece of flesh from an animal that was given to him by a wandering monk. The monk previously visited him in a dream. 

At the moment I'm so tired of bullshit scams and people saying anything and everything to get people to believe them. It's utterly confusing. The thing that I abhor most is spiritual scammers, who try to win devotion through lies. 

I realised that the part of my psyche that identifies as rational is constantly testing the validity of my experience and trying to defend me from being misled, and that part of me was triggered when I wrote this post.

I sat down and spoke to my angry, rational part, and asked what it would be like if it stopped trying to defend me from these siddhi claims. Through this I realised that I can observe that someone is claiming something super natural without having to identify as believing or not believing their story.

The only information I'm getting is "This guy believes X", which I'm interpreting as "This guy believes X, and he's obviously WRONG and now he's leading me into his bs story as well."

The latter way of dealing with this is stressful. It is also a belief which says "the only things that really occur are those which can be explained rationally or observed directly." which isn't true. The truth is, I don't know. 

Edited by Shmurda

1 hour ago, Shmurda said:

Those who speak of "Siddhi" are liars using their tall tales as a way to make you believe they have super natural powers. In doing so they gain power over you.

Don't believe me? Show me a Siddhi and I'll show you a gullible fool, and even a motive for the pathology. 

@Shmurda Siddhis are real I have experienced them :/ 

@Shmurda there are a lot of liars, taken advantage of, and in general people who want to make money. this is life. That does not mean that everything is a lie, you have to be intuitive and know how to filter. It is not easy, but it is what it is

24 minutes ago, Shmurda said:

The truth is, I don't know.

:)

It's okay to be lost. I am too. I have no idea what's going on, who to believe, or what even "a belief" or "knowledge" is. I've even had direct experience of certain "super-natural" things, such as telepathy, but I still don't really know or trust this stuff.

It's good you were honest and explained how you got angry. I bet that felt good, being honest is kind of purifying. I've lately been following feeling and the purification that comes with it. It's a lot more fun and pure than trying to "know" and "be right".

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

I think it's mostly just like lucid dreaming. It all happens in a lucid dream. Of course, some people may lie too

They talk about it here in 1h and 8minutes

https://deconstructingyourself.com/dy-014-diving-deep-jhanas-guest-leigh-brasington.html

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@roopepa yeah, it certainly did feel good! That's really cool. Did you hear someone else's voice in your mind? 

I'd say one of my weaknesses is getting easily caught up in and identifying with experience. However, I've developed a counter strength which is introspective awareness & hypersensitivity to my inner state (noticing tension, relaxation etc). 

By the way readers, @Leo Gura did not perform a Siddhi on me by sarcastically calling me out xD I had a change of heart before I read that comment. 

@Shmurda Did not hear a voice. There was a union/awareness beyond subject/object duality. Simply just realized that there is one Mind, where "separate minds" are all shared/unified.

When I "got there", I was greeted by four distinct energies, or beings. Recognized them as Leo, Nahm, Jesus and Buddha. They spoke a language of pure love and consciousness. They said something like: "Congrats! We were waiting for you." This was not a sound or any sensory experience. Just consciousness/energy/vibration.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Is Voldemort a liar? Is Harry Potter a liar? Is JK Rowling a liar? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

If you want I can get you to astral project in a week. Will that make you a fool or a liar? 

Does Consciousness have the capacity for siddhis? I see Consciousness as an infinite source of potentialities, so why would siddhis not be possible? Maybe Jesus walked on water, and maybe it is only a myth. Whether or not he did, does it discredit the possibility that in some relative dimension of reality, some being did?

I don't see siddhis as a path to enlightenment. If anything, they are a distraction. It is tempting to identify with a siddhi, as if it somehow makes you superior to someone else. xD

Jesus warned people about looking for signs, as evidence for their beliefs. If the dimension of Consciousness is only realized within, wouldn't siddhis carry the risk of derailment? I see them as fireworks, enjoyable for what they are, but still a transient expression of their ultimate source.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

45 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Jesus warned people about looking for signs, as evidence for their beliefs. If the dimension of Consciousness is only realized within, wouldn't siddhis carry the risk of derailment? I see them as fireworks, enjoyable for what they are, but still a transient expression of their ultimate source.

They give one more faith at the time of acquiring one. But, once they are unrealized they carry no more importance than anything else in reality. Both "steps" are helpful on the "path".

As someone who has personally acquired  one, at first it was one of the main reason I believed in awakening. But, the very essence of it leaves more questions open than answered except the idea that "anything is possible". Though, I could see how someone could get lost in their own siddhis believing they are something grander than they actually are which would solidify a greater sense of separation.

Personally, I only see it as a thing that is happening rather than anything special. I prefer not to talk about it, specially in details. I can attest though they are indeed real and not even something in a trivial easy to guess form. But, it has helped me realize the illusionary nature of reality. As you said they are enjoyable for what they are, but it's not practical for anything of real substance outside of some very very specific situations. I suppose I could parade myself around like some circus act proving everyone of this supernatural phenomena. But, proving to others means absolutely nothing to me and considering the nature of it, specially in the modern day, most would assume it was some trick.

4 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

But, the very essence of it leaves more questions open than answered except the idea that "anything is possible". Though, I could see how someone could get lost in their own siddhis believing they are something grander than they actually are which would solidify a greater sense of separation.

Well said. If a siddhi invokes the realization that anything is possible in relative reality, it can lead to the seeing of your own transience, as a separate being. It's like dodging bullets in the Matrix, and suddenly wondering who the character is that is doing the dodging.

More commonly, thanks to the ego, siddhis represent a risk of self-identification, which only deepens the delusion of separation.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Michal__ @Moksha @Nos7algiK Okay so we ought to define Siddhi in a more appropriate way here. I think most consciousness explorers have experienced unbelievable phenomena on a subjective level. Personally I have experienced the presence of non-physical beings and the cessation of the flow of time. These things are certainly Siddhi on the subjective level.

However, when I see a claim like the one Swami used, where an occult symbol was used to heal a boy of leprosy, I am highly skeptical of such a claim. Why? Well its totally unreproducible and its far more likely that the author is lying. Are you familiar with James Randi's Million dollar a paranormal prize? Why has this never been claimed?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

@Shmurda I saw something from Tom Campbell saying that the price was claimed he just didnt deliver, not 100% sure about this tho

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Leo Gura I admit that i only read the wiki, but i find it absurd that if powers exists no one as ever been considered fit.
telekinesis or remote viewing would be difficult to deny even for a materialist. Where are these poeple? Why don't they show up?
You could say "why would they?", then i say: being less stigmatized and not called fools?! More job offers?!

Could you suggest studies that show their existence?

@modmyth i don't know if i undersood correctly, could you elaborate?
I must assume they're screening public attention compulsively, ALL of them.

Don't get me wrong, i'm pretty open about ESP existence, but where are the proofs?