AriSujan

Enlightenment & flow

24 posts in this topic

Can enlightenment said to be a permanent state of flow?:D

No, Enlightenment is not a state. But Enlightenment (and repeated Enlightenments for sure) can create changes in the self-mind and dissolve some of the sense of self, which will probably lead to less thinking and more flow.

Same as being a kid, from a perspective of flow, wonder, growth, and so much more. 

Singer

14™

@AriSujan: In a way yes but it's more that you witness the flow which God, consciousness, is. Also this nice feeling of "being in the flow" will be more prominent in your life. In general your life will become much easier as the games of the ego will stop at some point (or at least will become much less frequent). If you don't cling to the things arising, then they can come and go easier, so they flow through you.

Enlightenment is the realization that ultimately, there is no flow. No movement, no change, no space, no time, and no separation. It is infinite Consciousness, in a profound state of perpetual potentiality.

But hey, in relative reality it is all about the flow. Why else would Consciousness dream? 9_9 

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

14 hours ago, AriSujan said:

A real and unreal complete play of life..

It's everything exactly the way it is. Sometimes it seems hectic and chaotic other times it seems calm and flowing.

Within everything all descriptions apply.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Moksha All right...but is there a specific technique to get into a state of flow(ie on purpose/ as per one's wish)?

Edited by AriSujan

absolutely man!

I'm not enlightened yet but when I was coming from a super mindfulness state, I felt like I was a car without resistance brake pedals.

right now as you're living you have lots of resistance against external things. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

I think flow has to be more with concentration rather than awareness (meditation has 2 components concetration and be aware, elightment is the second one but you new concentration skill to get there)

for example when I am the zone doing pickup if feels more like concentration 

Edited by RedLine

@RedLine Yeah you're right, you seem to get it...the term ie being in the state of 'flow' is used a lot by the guys involved in social dynamics as well 

Yes. Flow is when you remove the self-referential narrative from experience, but the perk with enlightenment is that it is maintained irrespective of your activation level or skill level.

In other words, this chart only applies if your baseline state is cluttered by self-referential thoughts:

Challenge_vs_skill.svg.png

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Another way to look at flow state is when you practice something so well you don't have to really think about it anymore.... the body knows exactly what to do and has numerous ways of getting it done... kind of like muscle memory.

Michael Jordan was a perfect example of constantly being in the Flow State... he practiced and trained so much that it looked easy for him.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

14 hours ago, AriSujan said:

@Moksha All right...but is there a specific technique to get into a state of flow(ie on purpose/ as per one's wish)?

The Mind Illuminated provides a practical, systematic approach to mastering meditation. It is one of the best resources I have found on the subject. If you want to be in a perpetual state of presence, strengthen your spiritual muscles through meditation.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

On 19-8-2021 at 9:41 AM, AriSujan said:

Depends on who you ask :P 

6 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Another way to look at flow state is when you practice something so well you don't have to really think about it anymore.... the body knows exactly what to do and has numerous ways of getting it done... kind of like muscle memory.

Nisargadatta Maharaj: The desire for harmony and peace is in eradicable. But once it is fulfilled, the concern ceases and physical life becomes effortless and below the level of attention. Then, even in the body you are not born. To be embodied or bodyless is the same to you. You reach a point when nothing can happen to you.