Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Iverson

Who’s here a Lucid Dream?

8 posts in this topic

Can you give me any content, or resources that could teach me how to Lucid dreaming? 

And what are your experiences?

if you know and you could teach it here easily the how to then give me the teaching of how to Lucid dreaming

Literally one of the easiest things to accomplish. Simply throughout the day, have a look a your hand for about 10-15 seconds. Just become aware that the construct of your hand is stable. It’s a hand with 5 fingers, count the fingers if ya like. Look away from it, or close your eyes for a few seconds and look back at it. See again that the hand is the same, stable, with no change to its features or whatever, it seems the exact same thing you were just looking at. The stability of this helps you recognise that your in your ordinary life, or maybe just a much more stable dream ?. Anyway, do this about 10 times a day or so. Inevitably, eventually, when in a night dream you’ll do this during the dream, you’ll look at your hand, and concentrate a little, but within about 5 seconds, your hand will morph in some form, a few fingers may start to collapse, or you might grow an extra finger or whatever, right in front of your very eyes. That’s your cue, that’s when you’ll realise, fuck me, this is a dream. You’ll become lucid. Then it’s down to you to hold the dream, to stay in it. There many degrees of lucidity, from just controlling your own self in the dream with the narrative still playing out, to controlling the entire dream itself. The list of what you can do is endless, in a sense you could say it’s infinite. Becoming lucid is one thing, the degree to how lucid is another. But it’s very easy to gain that first experience. Then you can go from there. I learned this years ago and I’d say that technique took me about month before it manifested in a dream and I became lucid for the first time. There’s loads of books that’ll give ya all sorts of advice on how to make the best of being lucid. I read a few but decided it was best to navigate in my own way. Either way, upto you what you do. But I did and still do to a certain extent find it a useful method of investigating reality itself. But that is something for you to learn for yourself. It is that easy though and I reckon within a month, you’ll be lucid. Good luck with that have fun

@Dazgwny Thanks for sharing all that.

Taking Huperzine A before you sleep helps a lot too.  Although you can't take it everyday because your body will adapt. 

@Dazgwny gotta love those reality checks lol. I used to do that a lot as a teenager and it did work a few times. 

Another technique that works and I think is called "Wake back to bed" is setting an alarm to wake you up after some hours of sleep, when you are near a REM cycle. You stay up for a while and then you go to sleep again. This should increase the likelihood of experiencing a Lucid Dream. 

There's another more difficult technique which I never had success with, but people swear it's the most reliable one once you learn it propperly. It's called WILD (wake induced lucid dream).

On 18/08/2021 at 10:54 PM, Farnaby said:

@Dazgwny gotta love those reality checks lol. I used to do that a lot as a teenager and it did work a few times. 

Another technique that works and I think is called "Wake back to bed" is setting an alarm to wake you up after some hours of sleep, when you are near a REM cycle. You stay up for a while and then you go to sleep again. This should increase the likelihood of experiencing a Lucid Dream. 

There's another more difficult technique which I never had success with, but people swear it's the most reliable one once you learn it propperly. It's called WILD (wake induced lucid dream).

Yes and yes to both, I have experienced lucid dreaming in both methods. The WILD method might take longer to master, because you have to have some experience with getting in touch with your mental body, and how it internally is felt through the senses. If you've done multu sensory visualizations, plus vivid 3d locations in your mind, that tackles the last bit of WILD. The earlier bit about seeing wavy colours and relaxation of the body can be improved by doing meditation exercises. I definitely suggest OP to try them out.

Mastery of dreams is good if you are serious about consciousness work. The more self training you do to lucid dream, or keepjng a dream journal, has an overlapping benefit of spiritual work. 

Edited by Danioover9000

You can look up tons of resources easily online. 

I have had it happen once though.  It was a bit weird, realizing that I was in a dream.  I tried to do stuff in it, like levitate and do whatever I wanted, but I seemed stuck in the dream's physics or something.  Like my belief system of the dream still made me beholden to the dream's physics etc..  I might of levitated a tiny bit, but it took a lot of will power or something.  I forget.  It was a long time ago.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

On 8/21/2021 at 9:15 AM, Danioover9000 said:

Yes and yes to both, I have experienced lucid dreaming in both methods. The WILD method might take longer to master, because you have to have some experience with getting in touch with your mental body, and how it internally is felt through the senses. If you've done multu sensory visualizations, plus vivid 3d locations in your mind, that tackles the last bit of WILD. The earlier bit about seeing wavy colours and relaxation of the body can be improved by doing meditation exercises. I definitely suggest OP to try them out.

Mastery of dreams is good if you are serious about consciousness work. The more self training you do to lucid dream, or keepjng a dream journal, has an overlapping benefit of spiritual work. 

What is op? And how you do it

@John Iverson

2 hours ago, John Iverson said:

What is op? And how you do it

OP stands for 'original poster', A.K.A you lol. I meant look up lucid dreaming techniques the other user was also mentioning.