Vynce

Who are/were the most conscious teachers?

43 posts in this topic

So metaphorically speaking im asking as a rather unexperienced chess player who is the best chess player in the world. And as an inferior chess player its hard to know just by observing other chess players who is the most advanced. The only thing i know is that consciousness can grow infintely. So who are the teachers, who have the most wisdom and least delusion? 

I often hear Leo say that most other teachers have not realized 1% of what can be realized through increased consciousness, but maybe he himself has not realized 1% of what can be realized. How could he know? Thats the main property of infinity. There is no end to it.

This is not said to question Leo, I just want to know if there is someone else, who has had similar awakenings and wisdom, to learn even more.

Cannot be known if one has not been there.

Me personally i don't care anymore for no teacher. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

In a recent video Leo repeated an axiom that I’ve heard by Physician Maurice Nicoll (Fourth Way) and Ken Wilber as well.

It goes - “Those that are higher in consciousness can see the lower in consciousness but the lower cannot see the higher.”

I see this evidenced in Spiral Dynamics,,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Consciousness can neither grow nor be increased. 

To answer in the metaphorical context, Jesus. No one has since, nor will anyone ever be, as “woke”. The most conscious teacher alive today, by an enormous margin, is Esther Hicks. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I've tried watching some of her stuff but I always get the same vibe and can't help thinking she's a con artist. 

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

To answer in the metaphorical context, Jesus. No one has since, nor will anyone ever be, as “woke”. The most conscious teacher alive today, by an enormous margin, is Esther Hicks. 

What do you mean by "woke"? Which "metrics" do you use?

What makes you say this about Jesus? Can you point any parts in the Bible that would be most helpful in order to understand his life/teaching better?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@Farnaby

Cool.

4 minutes ago, roopepa said:

What do you mean by "woke"? Which "metrics" do you use?

We’re speaking metaphorically. 

What makes you say this about Jesus?

Having read from and listened to a lot of teachers. 

Can you point any parts in the Bible that would be most helpful in order to understand his life/teaching better?

If the main focus is Jesus & the Bible, you’re wasting your time with Jesus & the Bible. If the main focus is a blissed out life full of loving this place, compassion, selflessness and yet experiencing everything you desire to experience in this go round, the book of Thomas is most insightful. 

@Vynce The best teacher is probably the one you resonate with the most. That teacher probably has the tools to elevate you further and when you don't resonate with the teacher anymore you know it's time to move on.

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.  There is no hierarchy when it comes to enlightenment.  The best teacher is the one who can reach you where you are at. 

For me, these people have been most influential in my life and journey so far.  Your mileage may very.
Carl Jung
Byron Katie
Mooji
Adyashanti
Ram Dass
Eckhart Tolle
And many other not so famous teachers I have known personally over the years.

I am always open to learning from anyone who shows through their actions and being that they "get it". 

Edited by taotemu

14 minutes ago, Nahm said:

We’re speaking metaphorically. 

What makes you say this about Jesus?

Having read from and listened to a lot of teachers. 

@Nahm Now I'm intrigued. You're (we're?) speaking metaphorically... Could you explain the metaphor?

Because when someone says "Jesus", I'm thinking of the historical Jesus of Nazareth and not of a metaphor, whether it's a metaphor for God or Love or whatever.

Or maybe give us a few names of the teachers you mentioned??

27 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@Nahm Now I'm intrigued. You're (we're?) speaking metaphorically... Could you explain the metaphor?

Should I use another metaphor to explain it? xD

Because when someone says "Jesus", I'm thinking of the historical Jesus of Nazareth and not of a metaphor, whether it's a metaphor for God or Love or whatever.

There was a Jesus just as there is a you. ‘Parable’ is more acute than metaphor.  Not a verbal parable, a nonexistent reality parable.

Or maybe give us a few names of the teachers you mentioned??

Decades of interest, so pretty much all of them. 

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Should I use another metaphor to explain it? xD

Actually, I wouldn't mind? Because tbh, I still don't know why you said "Jesus". 

@Tim R

Who’s done it like - better - than Jimi Hendrix or the Beatles?

Sure, today more money, more drugs, and more sex. But the substance is missing.

why is no one mentioning my man sadhguru :D

That mans consciousness could light a light bulb with his butt hairs.

:)

53 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Who’s done it like - better - than Jimi Hendrix or the Beatles?

Sure, today more money, more drugs, and more sex. But the substance is missing.

The Beatles & Hendrix were truly a blessing, pawed a way for others, like these guys for example, whose music you might like if you enjoy progressive/psychedelic rock.

The guitarist/vocalist is pure talent. Probably the best finnish guitarist to date. Sadly, he committed suicide after only three albums.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

I could share with you which spiritual teachers have resonated the most as I have climbed the mountain, but it would only mislead you. The best teacher is the one that speaks to you now, based on where you are on the mountain trail. This has proven true for me. Teachers that seemed nonsensical at one point, suddenly became solar flares of Consciousness later, when I was ready.

There is no objective standard for the best teacher, beyond the current resonance of that teacher with your spiritual journey. Your ideal teacher is probably different than mine, and will likely change as you continue toward Self-realization.

Ask yourself whether, in this moment, the message of the teacher brings peace to your mind. If not, find another teacher.

Better than a speech of a thousand vain words is one thoughtful word which brings peace to the mind. Better than a poem of a thousand vain verses is one thoughtful line which brings peace to the mind. Better than a hundred poems of vain stanzas is one word of the dharma that brings peace to the mind.

- The Dhammapada 8:100-102

Peace to the mind is the present end of suffering. It is such a relief to realize that you are not your monkey mind, and never were. You only thought you were, until you saw the joke you played on yourself.

Once you have crossed to the other shore, you will see that every teacher is merely a mosaic window into ultimate reality, and it is less about the artistic intricacies of the window, and all about the view.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha Thank you for your words. That means i'll stick to Leo for now. Lets see what teachers the universe will reveal to its self.