Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blessedlion1993

Pitfalls in "Satisfaction Meditation" For me

8 posts in this topic

Everytime I try to do this it goes well for about a week but then i get really depressed, lonely and anxious and i'm even worse when i go back to socializing. Is it just like a break-through period i need to push through?

FYI; I spend about 4-6 hours everyday sitting in my chair and staring at the ocean doing this meditation

This is something I've been going through especially in the last 3 years. I've had periods of great meditation, where I meditated regularly for weeks and then I get into these bouts of depression and feeling of emptiness and feeling like nothing matters. I still find it hard to meditate regularly for months at a stretch. Sorry, I have nothing to add to help you, just venting that I'm in the same boat as you. 

I've never been able to truly meditate longer than 40 minutes though, have you actually been able to meditate for 4-6 hours? 

If you are meditating 4-6 hrs per day, that is retreat level, and emotional shit will come up. Expect lots of spiritual purification effects, with plenty of shadow and ego backlash.

That is the devil leaving your body.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

don't expect your meditation to favor you always with experiences of rainbows and butterflies! 

the more you stay the more your mind burns inside that clarity and you can feel that you are inside a hell without fires. 

welcome to the advanced levels of meditation where majority of people gets knocked out ?

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Experienced this in meditation yesterday. My face contorted and animalistic faces and tension poured out of me, felt like a mini-death. I hope that happens again and again until there is nothing left

@Leo Gura @Iksander @hamedsf

This was what i wanted to , and didn't want to hear. It is hard to justify pushing through these "purification" levels because my ego is just saying "what are you doing dude? of course sitting in a chair for 4-6 hours/day alone is going to get you sad and tense, you are bored, go socialize, go run, etc" but i know too well that this is part of the process. At times I can push through and if i do i reach a profound level of peace. Knowing this is where most drop out of meditation is actually more motivating to continue, thanks guys. 

@Spiritual Seeker You are not alone! All we can do is continue and have faith.

@blessedlion1993 It might be an idea to add movement to your practice. Breathwork, dance, exercise, etc, this can help to process all that's coming up.

If you wake up at 6 am , you medidate 4 hours, it's 10am. You have all the day ! It's okay.

I'm not ready yet