jdharvey6

Consequences of enjoying own company

6 posts in this topic

after watching the root to loneliness and people pleasing video, I have been getting used to enjoying my own company. I notice that I feel a lot more at peace when I'm with myself most of the time. But sometimes I feel guilty for not enjoying  spending time with my family as much. Is this normal? And how should I deal with these feelings of guilt?

1 hour ago, jdharvey6 said:

But sometimes I feel guilty for not enjoying  spending time with my family as much.

Lol, welcome to the social matrix.

1 hour ago, jdharvey6 said:

Is this normal? And how should I deal with these feelings of guilt?

Yes.

Simple - do what you know to be right, and accept(!) all consequences (both internally & externally).

Let your folks feel your appreciation from time to time :) 

It's Love.

the point of the episode is

you can only have a good time with others to the extent you are full and overflowing and overjoyed with the sheer delight of being alive

you are everything

go share your lust for life

@jdharvey6

If you’re by chance between 18 and 26, it’s very normal. Wired into nature, you could say. When male elephants for example turn thirteen, they bolt, find some bros, and never come back. Comparatively your human parents are relatively lucky and see plenty of you. If you don’t like the “guilt” feeling… don’t believe you’re responsible in any way for anyone else’s happiness, contentment, fulfillment of desires, or well being. Give them their space back, and feel the expansive shift within you for doing so, and kick this jungle’s ass. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@jdharvey6 That’s ok. I don’t spend much time with my family either because we see the world so differently. But you can always create your own family now that you’re on your own. No need to feel guilty.

On 17/08/2021 at 9:35 PM, jdharvey6 said:

But sometimes I feel guilty for not enjoying  spending time with my family as much.

Yeah I feel that too especially if that's how you used to be or your family grew accustomed to. There can be a sense that you're doing something wrong. There is a trade-off for self-actualizing people where they tend to go inward more and spend more time introspecting and grow. Having a strong vision helps and also you can still express love without spending so much time around people. I think it's healthier when people hang around not out of obligation and more genuiness. I value being honest (in this case around how much time I'd like to be around people) and so I have to let go of the desire to people please. Also just by you being this way it also sends the message to others that it is okay to have your space. However you show up in the world tells others that it is a valid way of being, and that does have a ripple effect. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。