SpiritualSeeker

How to deal with phases of feeling lost

18 posts in this topic

Hi

Has anyone here had experiences of feeling absolutely lost through multiple stages in thier life? For example, for me, I started reading vedanta ( this was because I was feeling immensely lost in life at that point in my life ) quite early in my life but was not mature enough to grasp it properly. So I decided to drop it at that time and go on with whatever was going on in my life at that time. But time and time again, I've been brought back to this path through many different experiences throughout my life. Initially I thought that this is because I'm not successful enough in what the world considers important aspects of life such as career, relationships etc but as I got more matured, I felt more successful at these aspects of life and still felt this gaping hole in my life. 

Its not just about feeling lost for a few hours or days, this feeling permeates through my existance. It makes me feel like nothing other than seeking enlightenment matters so what is the point and makes me feel like I'm chasing something I don't even want.

This has happened way too many times and I've often considered just running away from my life in whichever way I can but I seem to realize that its not practical to do so. Any advise from people who have felt this way and were able to come out of feeling this way? 

I'm mostly surrounded by people who are not spiritually inclined so its hard to talk about something like this with them ( I'm actually really glad I found this forum :) )

Hi. 

If i may, I would like to share, what I realise, from my state of non-duality, in context to your issue.

feeling lost, I believe is an outwardly expression. If you can accept, that no higher truth of love and contentment, is found in the outer world, but instead try to search inward, and offer yourself your highest acceptance, and acknowledgment, your perspective may change. In fact there is nowhere to be lost, you are always present, in your own consciousness. It is just a matter of realising, that you are the center of the universe, and that you are infinite love, and divinity it self. Soo there is nowhere to search, but with in. 

It might be your unconscious state, that is telling you to look with in, because the outer world, is not able to bring you home, to your true being. 

Edited by Rishi9

3 hours ago, SpiritualSeeker said:

Hi

Has anyone here had experiences of feeling absolutely lost through multiple stages in thier life? For example, for me, I started reading vedanta ( this was because I was feeling immensely lost in life at that point in my life ) quite early in my life but was not mature enough to grasp it properly. So I decided to drop it at that time and go on with whatever was going on in my life at that time. But time and time again, I've been brought back to this path through many different experiences throughout my life. Initially I thought that this is because I'm not successful enough in what the world considers important aspects of life such as career, relationships etc but as I got more matured, I felt more successful at these aspects of life and still felt this gaping hole in my life. 

Its not just about feeling lost for a few hours or days, this feeling permeates through my existance. It makes me feel like nothing other than seeking enlightenment matters so what is the point and makes me feel like I'm chasing something I don't even want.

This has happened way too many times and I've often considered just running away from my life in whichever way I can but I seem to realize that its not practical to do so. Any advise from people who have felt this way and were able to come out of feeling this way? 

I'm mostly surrounded by people who are not spiritually inclined so its hard to talk about something like this with them ( I'm actually really glad I found this forum :) )

I appreciate your post so much. I have felt this way throughout my entire life as well.

There were many times where i just thought, "what if i just leave and completely follow my intuition from now on?"

This is a radical suggestion, but maybe just completely trusting and following your intuition is the best thing you could do for yourself. With practicality and a plan in mind of course, im not saying to just throw everything out the window and doing whatever the hell comes to mind first.

It takes a lot of guts and it is uncertain, but you will feel completely alive and free.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

your description was somehow confusing for me so I answer the main question: How to deal with phases of feeling lost

life is trial and error...don't forget! the more you challenge yourself, the more uncertain you feel.

lower distractions and stay with the feelings that are trying to tell you something. 

also, we might don't see things when something is damn explicitly in front of our faces, so turn on the flashlight of "observation" and discover the every corner of darkness!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

6 hours ago, SpiritualSeeker said:

Hi

be patient with yourself, we want everything now and we hold ourselves to unrealistic expectations

you have everything nicely on track, you know who you are you know where you going and you know what you have to do

keep making sure you are guarding and protecting your inner life, carving out a section of life for the inner work such as inquiry and meditation

just a little is required each day, attending to the breaths the awareness the love the harmony

all is unfolding exquisitely

By tapping into own image, self love, positive affirmations about oneself, following own sound of breath, etc. "Act Like you Know" 

Singer

14™

On 8/17/2021 at 8:26 PM, SpiritualSeeker said:

You know that's not true ;)

It's Love.

On 8/17/2021 at 8:26 PM, SpiritualSeeker said:

Your username says it all.

You feel lost because you are hesitating to go all-in on what your heart truly desires because you are afraid.

The only thing that the soul wants is to reunite with Consciousness/Love/Truth/God.

You want God, but you are too scared to do it. And so you suffer.

It's not complicated. But it's also not easy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Completely agree with @Leo Gura

I don't remember the last time I read a post here that screamed the desire for enlightenment as much as yours does. I tend to focus on the "everything is perfect as it is" perspective, but that's probably not going to help you right now.

I was where you are now, and I just didn't stop seeking until I got a full God awakening. The thing is, you probably have to go all in. Some people stumble upon this stuff and get an awakening out of the blue, but most of the time it takes 100% desire and passion for truth.

Nothing else would have been enough, nothing else would have satisfied. It most certainly isn't enough to just hear about infinite love and perfection, you need to know it and become it directly.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

8 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Some people stumble upon this stuff and get an awakening out of the blue, but most of the time it takes 100% desire and passion for truth.

Nothing else would have been enough, nothing else would have satisfied. It most certainly isn't enough to just hear about infinite love and perfection, you need to know it and become it directly.

Yes, this is exactly right - it's like you're a moth to the flame, you know it'll be the end of you but you can't resist the pull of truth.

If you truly want the truth, you will get the truth.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Goldzilla damn! solid music!

You have a playlist you can send me? I have a feeling you're the type of dude who listens to some slaps man...

Laibach - Life is Life

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

Thank you everyone for your suggestions/advice. It's time for me to not be afraid of 'what ifs' and go all in :)

@Goldzilla alright I'ma be honest. This last song is straight doo doo. Life is life - more like shit music is shit music. 

Lol no insults just speaking my opinion. Don't know how anyone can jam out to that

4 hours ago, SpiritualSeeker said:

Thank you everyone for your suggestions/advice. It's time for me to not be afraid of 'what ifs' and go all in :)

You go, girlfriend! :)

(I can't really pull that off, can I? My heart was in the right place, at least!) 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

6 hours ago, samijiben said:

@Goldzilla alright I'ma be honest. This last song is straight doo doo. Life is life - more like shit music is shit music. 

Lol no insults just speaking my opinion. Don't know how anyone can jam out to that

Difficult to grasp a vibration in wich one had a very difficult life. The millenials get that vibration. Maybe you are too used to superficial emotions and superficial music. 

Singer

14™