andyurb

BOOKS ABOUT LOVE

14 posts in this topic

I am looking for love books to understand this and expand the vision of love in a poetic way. Does anyone recommend a book for me?

Thank you very much !!

:D

The Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz

8D385431-1507-4CB8-A8C1-6AD5EF919C7E.jpeg

This is an easy, quick, enjoyable, read. It’s been several years since I read it. Actually I reread it 3 or 4 times.

Also,  A Course in Miracles if you’re not turned off by Christianity. Although very patriarchal in its wording. It is definitely not dogmatic or anything resembling fundamentalism. Long story short. A psychologist somewhat reluctantly channels Jesus Christ in the late 60’s for 5 or 6 years and of course writes it all down. It mirrors the New Testament in a number of ways. Makes use of modern language though,  Such as the use of the word ‘ego’ and is quite abstract in general.

There are several websites where you can read it for free online. I did a search using just the word Love on this ACIM website and got 1594 results from the text. Below is one of the results from the beginning of the text.

https://acim.org/acim/text/introduction/en/s/51?wid=search&fwv=true&q=Love

⁶The course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love, for that is beyond what can be taught. ⁷It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love’s presence, which is your natural inheritance. ⁸The opposite of love is fear, but what is all-encompassing can have no opposite. (ACIM, T-in.1:6-8)

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

That's my view on Love :D

Love as a Business Strategy steers clear from piety and theoretical concepts and instead shares grounded stories of resilient people running a real business.

Love as a Business Strategy - an awesome book as for me, somewhat between self-help and "boring" business books

51l-fC9784L._SX338_BO1204203200_ (1).jpg

I know one book known as the love languages. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

You are the one you've been searching for - Schwartz

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

all about love

by bell hooks

„the word love is most often defined as a noun, yet… we would all love better if we used it as a verb,“

Edited by mememe

On 18. 8. 2021 at 5:33 AM, Zigzag Idiot said:

...@Zigzag Idiot

Also,  A Course in Miracles if you’re not turned off by Christianity. Although very patriarchal in its wording. It is definitely not dogmatic or anything resembling fundamentalism. Long story short. A psychologist somewhat reluctantly channels Jesus Christ in the late 60’s for 5 or 6 years and of course writes it all down. It mirrors the New Testament in a number of ways. Makes use of modern language though,  Such as the use of the word ‘ego’ and is quite abstract in general.

There are several websites where you can read it for free online. I did a search using just the word Love on this ACIM website and got 1594 results from the text. Below is one of the results from the beginning of the text.

https://acim.org/acim/text/introduction/en/s/51?wid=search&fwv=true&q=Love

⁶The course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love, for that is beyond what can be taught. ⁷It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love’s presence, which is your natural inheritance. ⁸The opposite of love is fear, but what is all-encompassing can have no opposite. (ACIM, T-in.1:6-8)

As a long time ACIM student i have to say it is much more nuanced and complex then you described in your post...

@Bojan V You are very right about that.
Thank you for bringing this post back to the top. Feel free to elaborate if you feel inspired to.

I just checked the link I left above. It’s still good if any readers are curious about ACIM.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn