Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anon212

Shambavi Mahamudra - 5 Months Later

4 posts in this topic

I made a post while back describing this Shambavi Mahamudra meditation that I learned from the Isha Foundation. It is a yogic practice taught by Sadhguru and his trained teachers. I just wanted to share how the mediation has changed me over a couple of months. Before I mention what it did to me, I will say that the results vary quite drastically between individuals. Some people report quitting smoking cigarettes and pot within a week whereas others say they experience no benefit after two years of practice. It just depends on the person. For me, it turned out to be the best decision of my life.

When I started initially, I did get this euphoric feeling but this died down over the months. In the early stages, I also noticed that most of my compulsions fell away... Literally within 2-3 weeks, however slowly they started to come back and over a period of 2-3 months I felt as though I was back to pre-meditation. However, the recommendation by the teachers was to continue for at least six months irrespective of what happened and so I did...

Really after the four month mark, I started to see some great changes. For many years, I have suffered from IBS (irritable bowl syndrome) and this magically disappeared. I mean it. I haven't had a stomach ache in over a month. Nothing else has really changed and the only thing I can attribute it to is the meditation. 

I also had a certain combination of issues which included people-pleasing, nice-guy, and indecisiveness. These often coexist. Recently, I noticed that these issues have improved quite significantly. For me to say that they are completely gone would be absurd, but the improvement has been incredible. I think the meditation helped me develop a frame for myself. I was so intensely focused inwards while meditating, that I developed a strong frame (I would be more within my own body) and noticed that I would confront people more. I reduced people-pleasing quite significantly, started ignoring people's opinions more than I ever have in the past and for the first time ever, started to make decisions swiftly for myself. Yes, I'm shocked too that a damn meditation could do this but I can't see how it was anything else. 

Further, I had many other issues including nail biting (gone), social anxiety (significantly reduced), biting random shit (gone), addiction to sugar, caffeine and fast foods (90% gone). I had difficulty focusing on tasks and this has improved probably 5 fold. My cardio respiratory fitness has improved and I actually measured this. Of course not to a perfect standard. There was a claim that the meditation improved lung capacity and I also saw this to be true (despite no changes in workout program). Overall, I would also say that I look 3-5 years younger.

I recognize the for me to come on here and make such claims is quite crazy. People spend years ridding themselves of some of this issues but this meditation really has worked wonders for me. I am not here to advertise it, just sharing how it completely transformed me in five months. Mind you, the  recommendation was 2x a day for 40 days and then 1x per day after. I would do it much more. Sometimes 3-4x a day for weeks straight. Maybe this gave me results faster. Very recently, the euphoria that I felt in the first 2-3 weeks of the meditation is returning -  but more slowly. I feel much better. My mood is great 6/7 days, and I have been able to instill many many good habits. I use to struggle to wake up before 9AM and now I effortlessly wake up at 6.30AM and did I mention that my sleep quota has dropped by 1.5 hours! From 8 hours to 6.5. I suspect it will fall further...!

For those of you thinking about doing it, I would say go for it! But don't expect anything because I have spoken to people who showed no major improvements in their lives. It is possible that they may not be noticing the changes or they may be doing it incorrectly. I just don't know. Has anyone else done this meditation? If so, how is it working out for you?

Whatsup Anon!

I just began Shambhavi Mudra. A member of this forum introduced it to me. I only experience a nauseating headache and pain in my forehead while doing the technique but I was told I just need to keep at it. Everything is fine until I tilt my eyes upwards, that's when the excruciating pain kicks in. But I need to keep at it, increasing little by little each day. I would appreciate any advice or tips you have or any other means to help facilitate this practice.

@samijiben Hey man, Shambavi Mahamudra and Shambavi Mudra are two different practices. This is a very basic meditation. To be honest, they both are when it comes to existential matters. For me, the former helped improved my life (survival) but no spiritual benefits. Shambavi Mudra is good but it is not the practice I'm talking about.

Well, i tell you, if attention is dropped below the belly doing shambahvi mudra leads to insanity, pain, duality, etc. Caution dear people where you use your knife, i mean your focus attention, is detrimental.

Namaste

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™