Someone here

How to get high naturally?

47 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

Sorry man can't take you seriously 

I used to be addicted to heroin and cocaine.

Jhana is at least 10 times more powerful -- If you weren't already aware of that... damn dude.

For me not to very strongly indicate this would be negligence on my part. I assumed you were already aware and had maybe even experienced it yourself. It's available to you... How long have you been meditating? Or do you do it at all?

I don't attach any particular importance to it but it should definitely be pointed out that this is available to you, if you're talking about getting high on a forum that also has plenty of meditation info lol. Meditation is the mother-lode of recreational pleasure, it just takes practice...

Not trying to convince you, just indicating for others who might be swayed into thinking meditation and self-realization aren't as powerful as they are -- thinking it's just some activity that's fun but "surely recreational drugs are stronger, right?" Nope, utterly and epically flat false.

Edited by The0Self

On 8/16/2021 at 10:41 AM, Michael569 said:

Well you could move on to nicotine patches or less toxic form of vaping?

A tiny fraction of cigarette addiction is the nicotine. The rest is the harmaline alkaloids / MAOI released upon burning, which cause dopamine buildup in the brain and a dopamine recession upon cessation.

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

How exactly does meditation get you high?

Jesus Christ dude lol

Not judging or anything, I'm just wondering how you've been on this forum all this time and did not discover the fact that meditation gets you higher than anything. o.O

Edited by The0Self

20 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Jesus Christ dude lol

Not judging or anything I'm just wondering how you've been on this forum all this time and did not discover the fact that meditation gets you higher than anything.

I don't know man but I don't think meditation at least without many years of experience can get me into a state similar to my first mushroom experience which was 2grams lemon tek, the amount of love and pleasure on every part of my body while I was conscious that I'm God I experienced in that trip was absolutely beyond my imagination and out of this world like I was in fucking heaven man. after that Trip I worked a lot with my life force energy and meditated on my heart chakra a lot but no, nothing even close. the  closets to that experience was the bliss and joy I could induce with Microcosmic orbit meditation but even that is far far away from that state. any meditation you know that can get me this high?

Edited by m0hsen

5 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

I don't know man but I don't think meditation at least without many years of experience can get me into state similar to my first mushroom experience which was 2grams lemon tek, the amount of love and pleasure on every part of my body while I was conscious that I'm God I experienced in that trip was absolutely beyond my imagination and out of this world like I was in fucking heaven man. after that Trip I worked a lot with my life force energy and meditated on my heart chakra a lot but no, nothing even close. the  closets to that experience was the bliss and joy I could induce with Microcosmic orbit meditation but even that is far far away from that state. any meditation you know that can get you this high?

I was talking in terms of pure physical pleasure and bliss. It beats heroin and cocaine, but generally 5-MeO-DMT; mushrooms; etc can have the potential to be a bit stronger.

But yeah TMI by Culadasa is good for building the foundation. Once you have mind control you can essentially produce as much bliss as you want, any time you want it -- like more pleasure than you can stand. A really solid 2nd jhana (nowhere near as amazing as it can get) can have so much pleasure it's actually agonizing.

I'd say it takes maybe 2 years to get there if you're serious, but even in the first month of actually getting the hang of it, a meditator will be quite happy.

Edited by The0Self

2 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Once you have mind control you can essentially produce as much bliss as you want, any time you want it -- like more pleasure than you can stand. A really solid 2nd jhana (nowhere near as amazing as it can get) can have so much pleasure it's actually agonizing.

I actually got to the point which I can induce a blissful joyful experience with help of my imagination and energy something I couldn't do just a few months ago and it's very good and happy about it but still it's mild compared to that experience. 

I don't know about jhana and have no experience with it, but you mean it can actually produce that explosive experience?! did you actually experience it?

4 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

I actually got to the point which I can induce a blissful joyful experience with help of my imagination and energy something I couldn't do just a few months ago and it's very good and happy about it but still it's mild compared to that experience. 

I don't know about jhana and have no experience with it, but you mean it can actually produce that explosive experience?! did you actually experience it?

I've experienced similar to what you describe. Usually with psychedelics. More than that too; time completely vanishing; infinity; etc. As far as how intense the pleasure was though, yes, jhana can surpass it because jhana can have literally several times more pleasure intensity than you can stand without it starting to feel like it's too much.

Edited by The0Self

3 minutes ago, The0Self said:

I've experienced similar to what you describe. Usually with psychedelics. More than that too; time completely vanishing; infinity; etc. As far as how intense the pleasure was though, yes, jhana can surpass it because it is literally many times more pleasure than you can stand without it starting to feel like it's too much.

Damn man, any resources to learn about jhana? It'd be absolutely amazing to induce such explosive experiences drug-free.

Edited by m0hsen

1 minute ago, m0hsen said:

Damn man, any resources to learn about jhana? It'd be absolutely amazing to induce such experiences drug-free.

The Mind Illuminated by Culadasa

Seeing That Frees by Rob Burbea

Right Concentration by Leigh Brasington

The 2019 Practicing the Jhanas retreat on dharmaseed by Rob Burbea

Yeah it certainly is life-changing. Makes sensation-seeking utterly laughable.

Even pleasure itself is unsatisfactory relative to the otherworldly bliss of the later jhanas.

40 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Jesus Christ dude lol

Not judging or anything, I'm just wondering how you've been on this forum all this time and did not discover the fact that meditation gets you higher than anything. o.O

Meditation is lame and boring af. 

@m0hsen

Thanks. Will look it up. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Just now, The0Self said:

The Mind Illuminated by Culadasa

Seeing That Frees by Rob Burbea

Right Concentration by Leigh Brasington

The 2019 Practicing the Jhanas retreat on dharmaseed by Rob Burbea

Yeah it certainly is life-changing. Makes sensation-seeking utterly laughable.

Even pleasure itself is unsatisfactory relative to the otherworldly bliss of the later jhanas.

Thanks a lot! yeah since I experienced it in mushroom I can see the huge potential and how life chaining it can be to be able to induce those experiences drug-free whenever you want to! awesome thanks!

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Meditation is lame and boring af. 

Certainly at first. Eventually literally several times more pleasure intensity than you can stand without it starting to feel like it's too much. Just so you know.

1 minute ago, m0hsen said:

Thanks a lot! yeah since I experienced it in mushroom I can see the huge potential and how life chaining it can be to be able to induce those experiences drug-free whenever you want to! awesome thanks!

No problem friend!

I agree with everything @The0Self said in this thread about meditation/Jhanas

@Someone here If you want something else to make you high naturally, other than meditation, go all out doing some cardio activity for 30 minutes or almost all out for an hour

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

8 hours ago, m0hsen said:

I actually got to the point which I can induce a blissful joyful experience with help of my imagination and energy something I couldn't do just a few months ago

^^ Btw, that is huge. View that modest joy/bliss as the heat from a small kindling fire that you've started, view subtlety/stillness as the bellows, and view relaxed diligence as the wood you add, until you've got yourself an inner blazing bonfire of powerful serene well-being. "My cup runneth over." The hardest part is actually starting the fire -- which you've done already! Good luck friend.

@m0hsen

Edited by The0Self

6 hours ago, The0Self said:

^^ Btw, that is huge. View that modest joy/bliss as the heat from a small kindling fire that you've started, view subtlety/stillness as the bellows, and view relaxed diligence as the wood you add, until you've got yourself an inner blazing bonfire of powerful serene well-being. "My cup runneth over." The hardest part is actually starting the fire -- which you've done already! Good luck friend.

@m0hsen

Thanks my friend, and nice view on this whole thing ? 

I wish people could see the potential we see in the regular meditation as a super important daily practice to gain that mind strength, peace and stillness necessary to be able to do anything you can imagine in your mind literally! ?

All my friends find meditation boring AF and a waste of time unfortunately (I've very few friends btw) I couldn't even convince my mom to sit and meditate to be able to control her anger and negative thought process and unconscious behaviors!  She thinks I went crazy with all these indian things! Lol

Edited by m0hsen

11 hours ago, m0hsen said:

Thanks my friend, and nice view on this whole thing ? 

I wish people could see the potential we see in the regular meditation as a super important daily practice to gain that mind strength, peace and stillness necessary to be able to do anything you can imagine in your mind literally! ?

All my friends find meditation boring AF and a waste of time unfortunately (I've very few friends btw) I couldn't even convince my mom to sit and meditate to be able to control her anger and negative thought process and unconscious behaviors!  She thinks I went crazy with all these indian things! Lol

Yeah I honestly until this thread thought it was a bit more well-known that meditation was so powerful, but I guess it makes sense: until I experienced first jhana, while I did have faith, I was essentially in the dark. I guess that's why the Buddhists say even experiencing first jhana one time for 1 second is enough to secure a good rebirth -- I happen to think that's allegorical, not literal, but it absolutely makes sense!

-- (It really is an otherworldly level of intense exhilarating pleasure -- I'm not exaggerating the least bit when I say it's many times more powerful than cocaine and heroin combined.) --

Because ever since that experience, I've known for a fact that all the bliss anyone could ever want is within and not to be found outside themselves -- not known as a mere belief, but as an absolutely clear and obvious lived reality... Just from that one time! And it only got better. I would revise it and say it not only applies to experiencing 1 second of jhana, but to having the ability to induce some level of bliss, no matter how modest, at will -- which you seem to be able to do now.

Disclaimer: Jhana seems to require a level of either diligence and/or talent that some people never reach, but as long as one has the ability to produce some level of bliss on demand in meditation, the whole field is open to them, whether or not it progresses into jhana... but if their desire is strong enough, it certainly will progress into jhana.

Edited by The0Self

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

Yeah I honestly until this thread thought it was a bit more well-known that meditation was so powerful, but I guess it makes sense: until I experienced first jhana, while I did have faith, I was essentially in the dark. I guess that's why the Buddhists say even experiencing first jhana one time for 1 second is enough to secure a good rebirth -- I happen to think that's allegorical, not literal, but it absolutely makes sense!

-- (It really is an otherworldly level of intense exhilarating pleasure -- I'm not exaggerating the least bit when I say it's many times more powerful than cocaine and heroin combined.) --

Because ever since that experience, I've known for a fact that all the bliss anyone could ever want is within and not to be found outside themselves -- not known as a mere belief, but as an absolutely clear and obvious lived reality... Just from that one time! And it only got better. I would revise it and say it not only applies to experiencing 1 second of jhana, but to having the ability to induce some level of bliss, no matter how modest, at will -- which you seem to be able to do now.

What do you mean by securing a good rebirth? Do you mean my next incarnation would be nice? Unfortunately it is a slippery topic because I can't check if reincarnation true empyrically.

I really wonder of what you talked about Jnana. I am meditating for 3 years and it seems I've lost some big chunk of a Joy puzzle!

1 hour ago, EugeneTheSage said:

What do you mean by securing a good rebirth? Do you mean my next incarnation would be nice? Unfortunately it is a slippery topic because I can't check if reincarnation true empyrically.

I really wonder of what you talked about Jnana. I am meditating for 3 years and it seems I've lost some big chunk of a Joy puzzle!

It means only what I said: that upon experiencing it, you know the search for happiness outside yourself is futile, because the pleasure of jhana or the well-being inside you that you can uncover is of a different order that eclipses anything you could obtain from the world. That's all that is meant by securing a good rebirth.

And I'm pretty sure jnana (insight) refers to something different from jhana (absorption).

Edited by The0Self

14 hours ago, The0Self said:

Because ever since that experience, I've known for a fact that all the bliss anyone could ever want is within and not to be found outside themselves -- not known as a mere belief, but as an absolutely clear and obvious lived reality... Just from that one time!

Ego-mind knows that, that's why people are always running away from themselves and turning within is something considerate unhealthy or bad in society and being extrovert good (always wanting to be around others avoiding to be alone, easily get bored when there's nothing to do etc)

ego-mind fully knows that when you turn within and and reach a level which you find the source of joy pleasure, happiness, it's done :) nobody like literally nobody would seek worldly pleasure once he hit the source after that.