Mesopotamian

Afghanistan Has Fallen! People Are Not Evacuating Quick Enough

32 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Isn't a basic life a better life? 

Isn't a basic life same for everyone? Is there a bias there? 

Of course not, in fact there's an infinite number of ways you can live life, and 'better' or 'worse' are just labels someone attaches to an idea or in this case a style of life.

5 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

For example, we all agree that a person has needs for Clean water, food, shelter, medical care, school, education, job, freedom of marriage and dating and relationships, freedom of sexual orientation, basic safety of existence, justice in a situation of crime, basic human rights protected. 

No, we never fully agree, and it is unlikely that we will, for example, to what extend you think water should be "clean"? to fully agree on that, we need to agree on the chemical composition of the water, and the purification method used in the process of "cleaning it"

What size of shelter is enough? can you quantify the area needed by a person to considered enough?

9 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

So if I say that I have a disagreement with a local leader and the Taliban decided to put a gun to my head and execute me, how is that a better quality of life? How were my basic human rights safeguarded? 

In reality, nobody gives a fuck to the suffering of individual, probably only over-caring women with loving hearts. Two days ago, I read that the head of British army says that they will stay there and cooperate with the Taliban because they show signs that they are different.

11 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Can you now see that this is not a self bias but something that is universally agreed upon? 

You do enjoy a loving heart. Good bless you, this might be the source of your bias

46 minutes ago, Mesopotamian said:

But my gut tells me otherwise, Taliban is similar to ISIS in many aspects, and nobody should be at peace of mind that they will act in a "civilized way". The Afghan who are stranded at the Kabul airport know that and trying to do the impossible to flee their souls and get another chance to live.

They will certainly act in accordance with stage Red and maybe theocratic Blue. It cannot be otherwise.

People here are just not appreciating what survival is like at stage Red. You judge it as uncivilized but that's how humans survive at that stage. You might as well judge a lion as uncivilized for eating an antelope. What else do you expect? Tea and crumpets with the Queen?

If you want a civilized Afghanistan then you were born 200 years too early. And no amount of manipulation in the present is going to change that. Being outraged over it is not going to change it.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@Preety_India When expressing opinions and engaging in discussion you may want to check your emotional involvement and desire for validation that lie below the opinion.

I think Leo is MUCH harsher and aggressive with other users, he has been very careful not to hurt your feelings.

1 minute ago, Mesopotamian said:

In reality, nobody gives a fuck to the suffering of individual, probably only over-caring women with loving hearts. Two days ago, I read that the head of British army says that they will stay there and cooperate with the Taliban because they show signs that they are different.

You do enjoy a loving heart. Good bless you, this might be the source of your bias

I understand that here you're talking about taking action. 

But before action comes intent. 

If an Afghan was asking me to let him/her stay in my room for a month or two, I would let them. 

Do you see that intent can convert into action anytime anyhow anywhere? 

You're hell bent on thinking and assuming that if a woman is acting caring or being caring, she is doing it for a few pats on her back or be praised. 

Can you see that this could be your bias? 

Can you see that "nobody gives a fuck about suffering" is also a bias? 

How can you be so sure about my intent? Have you scanned my mind? 

Respect other's intentions rather than constantly finding fault with it, that's your negativity and projections.. 

Just because action is lacking doesn't make intentions meaningless. 

Remember first comes intention. Without intention nothing happens. 

Don't be so judgemental to slander my intent.. Your judgement is making you blind. 

Also there is some inherent misogyny here. The assumption that women are overly caring, or overly caring women blah blah blah blah, they are good for nothing other than words. Words also have a power. 

Right now I'm just a woman. If I were a president of a country, my words  even if they are words of a woman, would carry a lot of leverage in the world. 

So don't take intentions and words for granted. 

Understand the law of attraction. 

A lot has happened simply by intent. 

DO NOT CONSIDER A WOMAN WEAK. YOUR FUNDAMENTAL BIAS. 

I'm a leftist liberal SJW. INFJ-T loner... .shy girl..@marcel :x.............My name is Hannu. I'm reserved and shy and introverted and sensitive girl. Please be careful about how you talk to me. Only responds to respectful vibes. ✿۞✿•.¸¸.•*`*•✿✿۞✿✿•.¸¸.•*`*•.•✿☼۞۞☼✿•.•*`*•.¸¸.•✿✿۞✿✿

Quick access to journal entries

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They will certainly act in accordance with stage Red and maybe theocratic Blue. It cannot be otherwise.

People here are just not appreciating what survival is like at stage Red. You judge it as uncivilized but that's how humans survive at that stage. You might as well judge a lion as uncivilized for eating an antelope. What else do you expect? Tea and crumpets with the Queen?

If you want a civilized Afghanistan then you were born 200 years too early.

I can't deny it, this is a bit emotional for me what's happening and I can't completely become unbiased about it, because I imagine the same fate for people like me in the future, I imagine that one day I'll be inclined to push my way through and probably cling to airplanes if in case Iraqi government collapses. 

When the US occupied Iraq, I was so excited and went to the nearby camp in Mosul to apply for an interpreter job, luckily they didn't accept me, they thought I was too young with small body, and my father also discouraged me, but I still have fear inside me just because I carry different values.

But you know what? if that ever happens one day, and if I had no choice, I'll probably join them and prove loyalty by displaying stage-red values until I get out, it would be better than clinging to a jet plane! cuz you can go to lower stages sometimes especially after watching your complete series on Spiral Dynamics  :D

Posted (edited)

@Preety_India try the Sedona method to release and let go. It works for me. 
You will see that most of our frustrations come from a need of either security, separation, control or approval. The book is better but this is the movie ❤️❤️❤️

https://youtu.be/CADTkM1aoP8

Edited by Jennjenn

@Preety_India I will give you a few pointers.

1. Morality is mostly relative, for people in that world the "atrocities" of the talibans are not really seen as such. They are widely accepted and considered neccessary. Imagine 1000 years from now humans have evolved to the point where a prison sentence is considered "atrocity", for us right now it is necessary to structure society how we want it. Americans until 300 years ago were allgegedly "evil" by our standards these days since they allowed slavery and held slaves. Therefore talibans might be "evil" to you but to afghan people they are not.

2. You expect others to have your level of development, classic tier 1 thinking. However they do not, they see the whole world in a different way where stoning a woman for adultery is normal and okay. To you and me personally it is a horrible thing to do but to them it is well deserved.

3. In a harsh environement people will tend to be more ruthless and cruel to survive. It is necessary, otherwise you die. Therefore everything will have a much more harsh vibe about it, people here need "morality" via force and fear of punishment. They are not yet developed for Kantian morality.

4. Since you tend to speak about women rights a lot i will give you another pointer which i think i already gave once. Due to the harsh conditions there, men are a lot more prone to be the protector and defender of the family unit. Physical strenght is more important and men are stronger sex so they do that duty of protecting. When they are so in touch with this animalistic ruthless warrior side to them, many (not all ofc) will tend to abuse it and either turn abusive or just be a giant dick. Yes it sucks to live under a giant dick but it is even worse to die because this giant dick cannot protect you. Now talibans themselves are like this. They unite the country with all the tribes using force, and they can abuse it sometimes, especially on women which according to classic Quran laws should do this and that. The alternative to this is total anarchy or an artificial super corrupt "democracy" and american bombs every 3 days. 

Hope these helped.

1 hour ago, Jennjenn said:

@Preety_India try the Sedona method to release and let go. It works for me. 
You will see that most of our frustrations come from a need of either security, separation, control or approval. The book is better but this is the movie ❤️❤️❤️

https://youtu.be/CADTkM1aoP8

Thank you. ❤️❤️

I'm a leftist liberal SJW. INFJ-T loner... .shy girl..@marcel :x.............My name is Hannu. I'm reserved and shy and introverted and sensitive girl. Please be careful about how you talk to me. Only responds to respectful vibes. ✿۞✿•.¸¸.•*`*•✿✿۞✿✿•.¸¸.•*`*•.•✿☼۞۞☼✿•.•*`*•.¸¸.•✿✿۞✿✿

8 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

@Preety_India I will give you a few pointers.

1. Morality is mostly relative, for people in that world the "atrocities" of the talibans are not really seen as such. They are widely accepted and considered neccessary. Imagine 1000 years from now humans have evolved to the point where a prison sentence is considered "atrocity", for us right now it is necessary to structure society how we want it. Americans until 300 years ago were allgegedly "evil" by our standards these days since they allowed slavery and held slaves. Therefore talibans might be "evil" to you but to afghan people they are not.

2. You expect others to have your level of development, classic tier 1 thinking. However they do not, they see the whole world in a different way where stoning a woman for adultery is normal and okay. To you and me personally it is a horrible thing to do but to them it is well deserved.

3. In a harsh environement people will tend to be more ruthless and cruel to survive. It is necessary, otherwise you die. Therefore everything will have a much more harsh vibe about it, people here need "morality" via force and fear of punishment. They are not yet developed for Kantian morality.

4. Since you tend to speak about women rights a lot i will give you another pointer which i think i already gave once. Due to the harsh conditions there, men are a lot more prone to be the protector and defender of the family unit. Physical strenght is more important and men are stronger sex so they do that duty of protecting. When they are so in touch with this animalistic ruthless warrior side to them, many (not all ofc) will tend to abuse it and either turn abusive or just be a giant dick. Yes it sucks to live under a giant dick but it is even worse to die because this giant dick cannot protect you. Now talibans themselves are like this. They unite the country with all the tribes using force, and they can abuse it sometimes, especially on women which according to classic Quran laws should do this and that. The alternative to this is total anarchy or an artificial super corrupt "democracy" and american bombs every 3 days. 

Hope these helped.

Yea this helped. 

@Preety_India I believe Leo meant your self biases lead you to believe that the Taliban are terrorists, which is a relative notion. They are terrorists from YOUR perspective, but who is the "you"?

You feel that the Taliban being terrorists is a universal truth, but even if ALL humans believed this it doesn't make it true from an absolute sense. You are judging them from your own values, you are trying to imprint your values onto them. This is selfishness.

2 hours ago, Stovo said:

@Preety_India I believe Leo meant your self biases lead you to believe that the Taliban are terrorists, which is a relative notion. They are terrorists from YOUR perspective, but who is the "you"?

You feel that the Taliban being terrorists is a universal truth, but even if ALL humans believed this it doesn't make it true from an absolute sense. You are judging them from your own values, you are trying to imprint your values onto them. This is selfishness.

Oh yeah, now I got it. It makes sense. 

@Leo Gura OK I got what you said finally. I understand your perspective now, maybe you said something similar in previous posts.

I can see my selfishness in trying to imprint my way on a system that is still outdated or as you say I'm 200 years too early for it.