Mesopotamian

Afghanistan Has Fallen! People Are Not Evacuating Quick Enough

32 posts in this topic

I remember when Mosul has fallen to ISIS in 2014, people were confused, my father was in shock and he just hoped that the new authority will restore order in a timely fashion. He went to Mosul and kept in home, thinking that he'll be safe. He was a Christian, and he said that they will be good to minorities, and he thought that probably that wasn't ISIS but the Ba'th party coming back according to rumors. He was so delusional that order will be restored and stayed at home for several days with money, gold, and documents, until by a miracle he went out just 24 hours before ISIS expelled all the Christians from the city, stripping them from all of their belonging on the way out but sparing their life, in an act was considered a merciful act that they worked so hard to achieve when they decided to spare their life and order immediate evacuation.

Today with this chaos scene in Kabul, and with many westerners and foreigners are still stranded there. It is just a big opportunity which arouses the desires for Taliban to kidnap, kill or hold westerners for ransom. It is just utterly crazy that I am watching CNN correspondent now live reporting from Kabul while the Taliban militant are behind her on the street.

I just hope that no massive kidnapping operations are going to happen in the next few days. If it happen, the it is only fueled by ignorance of people who are not fleeing their lives quick enough. It is utterly strange to see a CNN correspondent reporting at ease, while Afghanis are trying to cling to airplanes flying out of Kabul. They know what's happening, but she's too ignorant of a person.

well, at least a western woman can go and have an interview with taliban guys, this wasn't the case with ISIS, literally if they saw a western woman the life was over for her. 

but then again, that is a hard situation and foreigners should evacuate there ASAP! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

I don't think Afganistan is fallen. It's more like a shift in nation-state experience, there are still rules to keep things together . Same thing happening in Lebanon as well. Venezuela also lost it's currency. Each state issuing paper (Fiat money) will fall, it's matter of time. Coming winter might be the last winter for green dollars. If you have time I would recommend you a book called "critical path" by Buckminister Fuller.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

Coming winter might be the last winter for green dollars.

Why coming winter? And how?

Edited by Gesundheit2

Have faith.

20 hours ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

If you have time I would recommend you a book called "critical path" by Buckminister Fuller.

Thank you for your recommendation. I'll have a look on this

9 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Why coming winter? And how?

That is a very big question concerning many many things which simply I can't give all the answers. But afterall what is the essence of paper money? I will sound arrogance but it is empty promises of goverment. There will be hyperinflation. Also gold and silver will be black market. There is no proof but there is a fine line between conspiracy theory and coincidence theory. Also here some interesting material for anyone interesting further : 

US negotiated a peace agreement with the Taliban. (Trump did).

It's not smart to portray the Taliban as terrorists.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Nobody is portraying them as terrorists. Their past record shows that they're terrorists. Even Afghans know this. 

Now time will tell if these gangsters bring some form of bearable governance. 

But terrorists they will be! 

I'm a leftist liberal SJW. INFJ-T loner... .shy girl..@marcel :x.............My name is Hannu. I'm reserved and shy and introverted and sensitive girl. Please be careful about how you talk to me. Only responds to respectful vibes. ✿۞✿•.¸¸.•*`*•✿✿۞✿✿•.¸¸.•*`*•.•✿☼۞۞☼✿•.•*`*•.¸¸.•✿✿۞✿✿

Quick access to journal entries

@Preety_India Preety, when are you going to wise up to your self-biases? How much longer are you gonna keep playing these selfish games?

@Leo Gura please explain me my self biases so I can get rid of them. Maybe I'm blind to them, if you can clearly see them, then show me and I'll agree with you. I'm always open to discussion and ideas, I don't have a single dogmatic bone in my body. Explain me please for I can't see.. 

I'm a leftist liberal SJW. INFJ-T loner... .shy girl..@marcel :x.............My name is Hannu. I'm reserved and shy and introverted and sensitive girl. Please be careful about how you talk to me. Only responds to respectful vibes. ✿۞✿•.¸¸.•*`*•✿✿۞✿✿•.¸¸.•*`*•.•✿☼۞۞☼✿•.•*`*•.¸¸.•✿✿۞✿✿

@Preety_India If you follow my work then it's your job to notice your own self-biases and the relativity of your perspective and beliefs. I'm not going to do that for you.

It seems like you're not really interested doing that.

@Leo Gura @Leo Gura I do follow your work. 

But I still don't see the self biases. It wouldn't really hurt you to explain. 

24 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura @Leo Gura I do follow your work. 

But I still don't see the self biases. It wouldn't really hurt you to explain. 

You are very emotionally involved with this topic and therefore do not see a lot of nuances, which is understandable.

"The Talibans are terrorists" for example, i do not know too much about this topic, but that is a very general statement without any nuance.

You portray it is as if its an absolute fact. But everything is relative. I hope this gave you some pointers.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Nobody is portraying them as terrorists. Their past record shows that they're terrorists. Even Afghans know this. 

Now time will tell if these gangsters bring some form of bearable governance. 

But terrorists they will be! 

@Preety_India Ask yourself, as a starting point, what is a terrorist? Construct a working definition which is general and inspect it for validity beyond the scenario of Afghanistan. Maybe something along the lines of one who uses violent techniques to exert pressure to achieve a political end.

Next, consider when terrorism is used. Typically this is against an established power structure of some description.

Further to that, consider when and how the Taliban arose. The resources are out there to  glean this info (Ahmed Rashid wrote about this; Abdul Salam Zaeef also wrote about it from the position of an insider; these may be worth consulting); you will find that the Taliban were depicted (and became) a "movement" in the milieu of a civil war when no established power structure existed, so to call them terrorists is an ignorant statement, and somewhat contrary to what much of the media portrays. Watch your emotional reaction here, and pause before assuming I must be a Taliban sympathiser.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

US negotiated a peace agreement with the Taliban. (Trump did).

It's not smart to portray the Taliban as terrorists.

Hello Leo, I hope that the Taliban sticks to whatever deal is negotiated. I am glad that it is done by intermediate state like Qatar, which is run by a government more developed on the spiral than the Taliban, but also inferior to the US and its government. I hope that the Qataris will be able to bridge the gap of understanding between Taliban and the US.

But my gut tells me otherwise, Taliban is similar to ISIS in many aspects, and nobody should be at peace of mind that they will act in a "civilized way". The Afghan who are stranded at the Kabul airport know that and trying to do the impossible to flee their souls and get another chance to live.

Edited by Mesopotamian

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Preety_India If you follow my work then it's your job to notice your own self-biases and the relativity of your perspective and beliefs. I'm not going to do that for you.

It seems like you're not really interested doing that.

Ok Leo, if you say that the Taliban are not terrorists then how do you explain this video below? 

Am I missing something here? You say that I'm playing selfish games (I don't see it at all). 

How is it selfish or self biased if I want the people of Afghanistan to lead a better quality of life and be freed from slavery of the Taliban? 

How in the world is wanting something good selfish and what's the self biases you keep talking about? 

I have zero idea and I'm totally confused. 

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

a better quality of life

This is one bias here, what does 'better' means? and compared to what?

It seems that you have a solid idea about 'the better life' and you try to compare things against it

Just now, Mesopotamian said:

This is one bias here, what does 'better' means? and compared to what?

It seems that you have a solid idea about 'the better life' and you try to compare things against it

Isn't a basic life a better life? 

Isn't a basic life same for everyone? Is there a bias there? 

For example, we all agree that a person has needs for Clean water, food, shelter, medical care, school, education, job, freedom of marriage and dating and relationships, freedom of sexual orientation, basic safety of existence, justice in a situation of crime, basic human rights protected. 

So if I say that I have a disagreement with a local leader and the Taliban decided to put a gun to my head and execute me, how is that a better quality of life? How were my basic human rights safeguarded? 

Can you now see that this is not a self bias but something that is universally agreed upon? 

@Leo Gura  I should not be treated this way. I absolutely love your content and also follow your logic on many occasions. 

Not trying to be frivolous but I absolutely hate when you simply leave me without bothering to answer my objections. It's really unfair treatment from your side to simply disappear and leave an argument without proper disclosure or resolution especially when I have shown Eagerness and willingness to understand. 

It's like we are both sitting on a debate table and I ask for a clarification, you simply get up and leave. How is this productive? 

I don't like arguing or intense debating but I totally deserve a fair response from your end. 

It's very disheartening when you do this to me but I won't mind because I let you have your way if that suits you. 

I'm not the one to bug you around. 

I don't even like whatever I have typed right now but you do force me to this.