Gabith

Experiences with Ketamine

19 posts in this topic

Hey, what are your experiences with ketamine ?

Done it twice and it is a nice but twisted substance haha , for me the whole world got turned so it was almost on the side and I was going to a 7eleven to buy some bubble water and that 7eleven is pretty small but it was insanely large at that moment haha it was the biggest 7eleven ive ever been in ?and I could hold my breath forever it felt like.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

hmm, best to trip at home or in a safe place

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

20 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

Done it twice and it is a nice but twisted substance haha , for me the whole world got turned so it was almost on the side and I was going to a 7eleven to buy some bubble water and that 7eleven is pretty small but it was insanely large at that moment haha it was the biggest 7eleven ive ever been in ?and I could hold my breath forever it felt like.

Hahahahhhahah

You can definitely experience emptiness and no self on it no doubt; out of body experiences possible as well, very abstract and introspective drug I remember being in the back of an uber home at night going way into myself almost like I was traversing chapters of my life through these abstract hallways in my mind but it was more a trip of your own imagination rather than a full on vivid visual display. Only downside to the experience itself is that it can be overly clinical feeling as opposed to the warmth of mushrooms for example. Not something I'd explore forever though.

Very meta - takes you out of your own lens and allows you to view yourself and your life objectively. That's without going into the K-Hole which is something else entirely

Ketamine is seriously impressive but there are (or have been) better longer-acting agents with very similar effects. MXE was preferable in this regard, IME. If you compare ones thinking when in the normal state compared to on a classic psychedelic such as psilocybin/LSD, a useful metaphor might be to compare the latter state as "3-dimensional" compared to the normal "2-dimensional" way of thinking. I find that agents like MXE/ketamine "create a 4th dimension" which goes as deep again beyond the conventional agents (LSD/psilocybin). It is not possible to intuit this mode without having experienced it, irrespective of how many acid/mushroom trips one may have taken. In terms of effecting personal behaviour change I find the class of drugs which ketamine/MXE belong to far exceed the capacity of LSD/psilocybin to produce enduring change. And that is saying a lot.

A fantastic book which explores what ketamine can achieve in terms of consciousness work is "The Scientist- A Metaphysical Autobiography" by Dr John C Lilly.

I've taken Ketamine maybe 500-1000 times in the past 15 years, my bladder feels the usage, and some of my friends have had partally removed

I'm going to say something controversial. Out of all the many deep twisted experiences I've had on ketamine, none of them have been relevant at all for my daily life. Meditation self inquiry, basically all sober activities are the only long lasting things I have utilized. Same for all the multitude of people I know who have taken it extensively

My ketamine story suits this forum. 

Several years ago I snorted some at a party. I had been drinking, which intensifies the effects of ketamine. At this point in my life I had several psychedelic trips under my belt. 

As soon as it entered my body I felt really heavy and had to get down onto the ground. The heaviness intensified and I felt ill so I crawled to the door and onto a patio to lay on the ground. At this point I couldn't physically move and began getting intense visuals. Not colorful psychedelic visuals though. 

My whole world tilted laterally and I entered into a black hole of sorts.

It was just blackness that had a quality of depth to it. Infinite darkness that dove deeper and deeper and deeper. It didn't stop and I was very scared. As it kept going I thought to myself "what is this?" and as it continued I was like "oh yea, it's God."  I had some familiarity with God already so I was open to seeing it. 

The experience lasted for what seemed like quite some time and I spent the rest of the night recovering from the whole thing as the body load was extreme to the point I couldn't walk for hours. 

I don't recommend it. It's dark and I saw several people get addicted and lose themselves in it. But if you do try, make sure you trust the source, the people you are with (don't do it alone), and the dose you take. Also, no drinking with it. 

Professional ketamine therapy is gaining traction these days as well so it does have healing properties when used correctly. 

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry Cool

Yeah do not take it with another drug and don't snort big lines... I never had a K-Hole but I had profound experiences with only 25 / 35 mg.

K-hole happens at 100 mg & more generally

Yeah if it's your first time and you do a lot, it can be disorientating and scary. I actually enjoy alcohol and ketamine, also with mushrooms

It's weird though after doing so much ketamine in my life, I honestly don't see any long term value for anyone besides the fact you can experience some drastically different states of consciousness besides mundane perception, and if your close minded it might open it up, but overall when I look back I don't see any benefit personally

Very similar to DXM if you’ve ever done  that.

I’d recommend sticking to pure psychedelics like LSD/Shrooms/DMT as they’re easier on the body.

That said, in some states like where I live ketamine therapy is legal so it certainly has areas of application. And it’s easier to access since it’s legal although it’s fairly expensive. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

I haven't ever done it but a friend of mine took it, blacked out, dropped to the floor face first, and broke his nose.

Did a decent bump. Felt like my point of consciousness behind my eyes zoomed way backward. Felt disasocciated (surprise surprise!). Especially if a stayed still. I could still function well and was still 'there' in the physical world.

Thinking was a little different.

Had strange thoughts about ex-girlfriend and ex best friend. Kinda like how LSD makes you see things in different ways.

It was dreamy-ish.

Providing I remained still, everything around me blurred out / zoned out.

Took it recreationally.

There was no underlying healing/spiritual intention.

Felt like I got nothing from it in that regard, although I could see how with intention it may be of use (to say nothing of the undesirable side effects like potential addiction etc.)

4 hours ago, Gabith said:

@wildflower wow 500 to 1000 ? You didn't developp health problems ?

They said their bladder feels the usage. I haven't done it that much but used to do probably 0.5-2.0g inside of a week once or twice a year. One time after one of these weeks, my bladder hurt like crazy for a couple days -- the worst type of pain too. I've been wary of it for a while now.

It's as powerful as most psychedelics. Totally different though. Can be very revealing and shocking. It's less describable than LSD, etc, but it can reveal the unconditioned nature of the appearance, and the absence of reality being in a certain way.

Yeah I would say I definitely have bladder issues, but they get better after I abstain, and I always drink tons of water. Ill be honest I used to live with one of the biggest distributors in the UK, and that was just crazy town, that guy had to have part of his bladder removed and stuff, he definitely had issues, but he moved country and now is much better. But honestly there was times in our apartment with like 10-20 kilos of Ketamine, with 1kilo just cut open on the table like scarface, got pretty dark at some points