Preety_India

Is Islamization of Europe same as Islamophobia?

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Why is there such political friction while discussing the Islamization of Europe? Why an open discussion on this matter is almost always conflated with Islamophobia? 

What are your thoughts on Katie Hopkins, Douglas Murray, Tommy Robinson and Milo Yiannopoulos? 

Edited by Preety_India

I'm a leftist liberal SJW. INFJ-T loner... .shy girl..@marcel :x.............My name is Hannu. I'm reserved and shy and introverted and sensitive girl. Please be careful about how you talk to me. Only responds to respectful vibes. ✿۞✿•.¸¸.•*`*•✿✿۞✿✿•.¸¸.•*`*•.•✿☼۞۞☼✿•.•*`*•.¸¸.•✿✿۞✿✿

Quick access to journal entries

If this thread is against forum guidelines, then mods are free to lock it. No issues. 

I'm a leftist liberal SJW. INFJ-T loner... .shy girl..@marcel :x.............My name is Hannu. I'm reserved and shy and introverted and sensitive girl. Please be careful about how you talk to me. Only responds to respectful vibes. ✿۞✿•.¸¸.•*`*•✿✿۞✿✿•.¸¸.•*`*•.•✿☼۞۞☼✿•.•*`*•.¸¸.•✿✿۞✿✿

Posted (edited)

Listened to half of it. 

They are talking how half the country will have to move and it will start a war... 

You don't see any phobias here? 

Blue isn't capable of open discussions you need at least orange. 

Edited by Opo

@Opo the video was just used as an example. But I'm talking about all discussions regarding the same. 

Posted (edited)

Most people who talk about "islamization of Europe" are either conservatives or new atheists. To call what is happening "islamization" is a bit of a stretch. Europeans aren't generally converting to Islam, and the overall society of say Sweden isn't really becoming more Islamic. A more accurate term is multiculturalism: muslim immigrants are bringing their culture with them, and the surrounding society is more tolerant but not fundamentally reformed as a result.

Edited by Carl-Richard

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

@Carl-Richard I was talking about Britain. 

You need to watch Tommy Robinson. 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Carl-Richard I was talking about Britain. 

You need to watch Tommy Robinson. 

Tommy Robinson stokes up hate and anti-Islam sentiment in the UK. An example is arranging his group edl (English Defence League) marches in towns with a Muslim population, this creates issues in that town between the white and Muslim communities after he's left. In fact in my town they tried to do it and got many more people protesting against it. The irony is that it only works in towns that have around 95% white English population. 

He's also financially backed by many right wing entities, as well as zionists in Israel which is why he's also been anti-palestinian - https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/07/tommy-robinson-global-support-brexit-march

You'll find this is the case with all the people you mentioned. All of them receive financial backing from right wing people. I do have a sense that they dont believe in what they say or at the very least would not be as passionate about it without the backing they receive. They have found a niche where what they say is provocative and they have a nack for marketing themselves but essentially they say what they need to say to get paid. 

British people complain about Muslims coming into the country and not adopting British culture, but this is not an exclusive behavior of Muslims, all immigrants do this including the British. I'm in Spain at the moment and if you ever want to see an example of immigrants taking over just go over to Benidorm, there is no attempt to learn the language, customs or even have a general respect for Spanish culture. Keep in mind there are 300k brits in Spain so I'm not talking about a couple of thousand. At least in the UK majority of Muslims speak English and have an understanding of British culture. 

We need to look at what would be an ideal multi-cultural society, is it one where there is tolerance and acceptance for everyone regardless of their culture and identity, or is it only acceptance if they change their identity to our identity? And if that is the case in terms of British people, are they also willing to do that when they immigrate to a different country? 

Edited by Consept

@Consept if you watch Tommy Robinson's Oxford Union speech, you'll see that he isn't bullshitting and he has evidence to back up his claims. 

@Preety_India

I'm in the UK so I'm telling you the impact he's had. You should also check out his criminal record which includes assault, fraud and identity fraud. It's also telling he himself is a resident in Spain and I'm telling you now he doesn't speak Spanish and brings the English culture to Spain. 

The points that he has are really to stoke up hatred of Muslims, that is the goal. Its not that some of his points are wrong necessarily it's just that they solely focus on Islam. For example there was and is an issue with gangs that rape women and groom them to be prostitutes which of course is terrible. I do believe that there is a mindset that western women don't have morals which leads to this, which I think does need to be addressed. However, when you consider that 90% of convicted child abusers are white men then you have to question that if you really cared about child abuse why not also mention that. If the same approach was taken it would seem a bit weird, blamimg white British culture for the reason there is so much child abuse. 

When people cherry pick in such a way it should be a red flag. 

@Consept maybe they think they can do whatever they want with their own women, a territorial feeling. Maybe they get triggered when someone else tries to rape or own their women. 

@Preety_India

Maybe but the news coverage for the gangs is about 10x more than convicted white British child abusers. Also abuse is abuse, if you care about it then ignoring 90% of it because you only care about the abusers who are the ethnicity you dont like is not only racism but also sweeping most abuse under the rug and using it to justify your racism. 

4 minutes ago, Consept said:

Also abuse is abuse, if you care about it then ignoring 90% of it because you only care about the abusers who are the ethnicity you dont like is not only racism but also sweeping most abuse under the rug and using it to justify your racism. 

@Consept Yea you have a point. I'm only explaining the male mentality that could be inflamming it. But I agree that they should also take into account what their own people do. But could it be that there's always an exploitative element involved whenever another culture or race is involved. For example during war, women who are taken as prisoners are raped by the takers or invaders. Yet this is considered a bigger problem than women being raped by their own men

Posted (edited)

All I can say is this: globalism doesn't work. Neither Islamism, as it has become a distorted religion.

We can not erase national identities, patriotism, or countries.

Why do cultures exist? Having a culture is a fundamental human need because it proves the individual with meaning. And we all know that the mind has a deep need for meaning.

We can not snap our fingers with the hope that all humans would one day become enlightened. That is never going to happen and it shouldn't be happening; civilizations collapse as people get more nihilistic.

There's a dark secret about enlightenment, which I won't be mentioning here. Spirituality is not for most people, in case you didn't notice that. The fault of an intellectual is to believe that someday all people will be enlightened.

Having a national identity and a distinct culture is a wonderful thing. It makes life more colorful and worth living.

Nations and cultures offer us communities, propel us to have families, and reproduce ourselves.

I agree with Modi, the prime minister of India when he says that national identity and culture are essential.

Europe is lost, and if you want to see an unbias opinion, take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQXHc-tJMXM

Edited by Ferretab

@Preety_India It's a constant battle between progressives, who have a childish worldview and conservatives who don't want to take the risks of taking people with medieval worldviews.

I'm more on the conservative side. We don't want parts of europe to resemble parts of the middle east. We want to chose our refugees, and discriminate. For example I'd rather have Chinese immigrants than arabs.

Emigration also doesn't help the countries they are fleeing from.

I also don't want a mysogynist and homophobic ideology to infiltrate europe. Just because it's easier not to take the risk.

Milo Yiannopoulos is obviously a grifter, a hypocrite and a moron. He's now making gay concersion camps in florida I believe.

@Preety_India

We have the same thing over here in Germany to some extent, this is not a national but a worldwide phenomena.

It is basically just two different stage blue ideologies fighting with each other.