Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
torgeir

My Kundalini & Kriya Journey

3 posts in this topic

I just started an 18 day Kundalini course, each video being 90min long. After that I intend to start a 108day course in kriya and kundalini yoga. This will be me sharing my journey going forward.

What I will be sharing will be everything relating to how my life is going with an emphasis on internal states, emotional states and energetic states, but also relating to external stuff such as habits and routines, student life, business, social life, relationships etc.

I tried multiple Kriya-classes while attending a festival at Angsbacka in Sweden, and it turned out to be one of, if not the most powerful practice I've done to increase my base-level of consciousness. I am now at day 6 of the 18-day Kundalini course. I notice I have a high level of confidence at the moment, especially in relating to the external world, which feels very natural. I believe this is mainly due to having spent a month living in a conscious community, but I also believe the practice does a great job of keeping me there.

I am currently visiting a beautiful home in Oslo, Norway, surrounded by nature and the ocean. Going back home to my city, Trondheim, could be a challenge, but I feel ready to take on that challenge. There will be a lot of activity coming up so I intend to be more structured about my routines and daily schedules. 

For the last year(s), I've been slowly progressing more and more towards a lifestyle void of social media and digital distractions. Going forward I intend to keep using my smartphone, but with some specific guidelines:

1. Phone is to be kept in Black & White mode whenever possible.
2. Any social media app should be used on computer, not phone, whenever possible.
3. Messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Messenger, IG etc. are to be checked only at certain occasions: 1. After schedule review and first task initiated. 2. At the end of/after a conscious session.
4. All notifications except calls and texts are to be turned off.

Food and beverage:
1. I intend to keep away from poor food, such as cakes, candy, fast food etc.
2. I intend to put an emphasis on highly nutritious homemade meals.
3. I intend to stay clear of food heavy in fast carbs.
4. I intend to drink a lot of water and smoothies.

Daily Routines:
Journal (either written, video or audio depending on energy levels)
Review tomorrows schedule
I intend to go to be in my bed ready to sleep by 23:00
I intend to set an alarm for 06:50 (If I don't wake up slightly before my alarm most days I will extend my sleep a bit more.)
Drink water, morning pills + toilet.
Do morning yoga/meditation
Make breakfast
Review daily schedule
Do most important task or whatever else needs to be done
Check Messenger/WhatsApp

Weekly routines:
Plan upcoming week every Sunday.
Work out when possible. Schedule during weekly planning.
Play guitar whenever suitable.
Go hiking or into nature as much as possible

That's it for now. More is coming :)

Day 7/18 of Kundalini

Got a good amount of sleep and felt very refreshed. Took ZMA (Zinc & Magnesium) which I presume worked great. Also gives me really vivid dreams which I really love. Just popped two more pills now :)

Todays Kundalini session was great. Focus not on top, but still very good and felt remarkably present through a lot of the session. Had to run o get my covid vaccine immidiately after which probably wasn't the best foundation for integrating the days practice. Did however spend the mandatory 20min at the covid-center in meditation, mainly breath and metta. 

Feeling a fair amount of anxiousness related to my tinnitus, which I assume makes a lot of sense as I am going from an environment with continous background noise to an almost dead quiet house. Will have to give this more time to see and be able to say whether it is moving in a certain direction or not. Also haven't cleared out my ears in almost two months which may or may not also be affecting it.

Find that I'm generally in a very playful and confident mood. Encounters when skateboarding where I was joking around with random people, and I also had a siutuation where the neighboors above me where partying and me and my roommate Ask climbed up to there balcony and joined the party. I felt confident and relaxed even though I didn't know a single soul that was there.

Played some guitar at the balcony which was really nice. Wan't to see if I can do some more deliberate practice going forward apart from just normal playing. A guy at the party above asked if he could pee. A part of me wanted to tell him not to, but I also am curious as to why. If I have an irrational belief that someone peeing from the balcony above me is either nasty or downgrading, can I really know that it is true? And does it matter? So ultimately I'm glad I let him pee.

Went to my phone for some reason and ended up scrolling facebook and messenger for 40ish minutes. Need to accept that my willpower is not at that point where I can safely use these application. I must be really careful if I'm using these plattforms. Black & White on, set intentions, and keep a list of potential diversion/distractions. Also saw a quick snippit of a post my grandma had posted. Something negative about the world or covid. I still feel myself get quite affected by reading that stuff, at least in the moment, and feel no need to challenge that at the time being. I intend to stay away from facebook, news etc. and thus staying away from a lot of negativity and low vibrations. Now I'm ready to go to sleep, to potentially bathe in some strong emotions/physical sensations (which at least was the case going to bed last night). Before that I will quickly review my plan for tomorrow. Set a couple alarms + wakeup alarm and schedule tomorrows Kundalini practice. 

Good night :D  

Day 8/18 of Kundalini

Slept very light it seemed and had a lot of time during the night were I was strangely aware of my body posture and sensations in my back especially.
Took the covid vaccine yesterday so I went a bit light on some poses due to a sore left arm biceps. Also began feeling some light headache and fever symptoms as well as lower back pain, likely due to the vaccine.

The Kundalini sesh was good. Tested out a new bone conduction headset which was good to use during the exercise. Some breath holds were rather difficult and I want to practice more breath retention to go along with the kundalini. Possibly through the XPT-Life app or some other platform.

Otherwise very conscious day. Not much distractions. Got a lot of work done. Visited my dad and sister and had a moment where I shared my frustrations over there being so much talk about covid and started crying, which was really good. I am very grateful to myself for the courage to do that. It felt like it kind of just came out if me, but it was both good and needed. I also notice I might have a pattern of not wanting to take too much space when I'm around my family, which I might want to look into. I suppose there is a belief that I don't fit in, and that what I find interesting might not be that interesting to them.

After going home I went out and played some guitar which was really nice. Now 
I'm gonna do a quick overview of tomorrow and then go to sleep.

Good night :D