jdharvey6

Awakening without access to psychedelics

27 posts in this topic

I've been interested in finding the truth about reality and myself which led me to actualized.org. moreover, I'm very interested In what I'm hearing about being on the path to enlightenment and awakening. However, I've heard that psychedelics is a powerful method to use to awaken however I don't have access to any yet since im 17 and still with my parents. I've been practicing internal work however. What do you guys suggest I should work on to reach an awakening until I am able to have access to psychedelics and retreats?

Edited by jdharvey6
Typo

Many hours of meditation and contemplation. Id pick up Peter Ralston’s “The Book of Not Knowing” and Dr. John Yate’s “The Mind Illuminated” as books to dive into. Combing the material with these two books through hardcore spiritual practice before you take psychedelics would provide enormous benefit, as well as make your entry into psychedelics enormously more powerful. 

Hey the fact that you discover this path so young is very very encouraging for your futur !! ;) do not rush into psychedelics if you are that young, meditate 20min+ per day. Buy one book on kriya yoga. Chamanic breathing is a pretty hardcore sober method. And also you’re young, do some sport ! Jogging, try to endure physical pain by pushing while jogging or other stuff. It is always good! 
also warning with psychedelics if you live at home, you’re likely to receive a collective ego backlash from your family in the face. I would personally wait to be financially indépendant on my own to start psychedelics but that is just me.. You can find a way to do psychedelics while living with your parents but it is delicate. If you go deep into the jungle, better go alone ! 

22 hours ago, Consilience said:

Many hours of meditation and contemplation. Id pick up Peter Ralston’s “The Book of Not Knowing” and Dr. John Yate’s “The Mind Illuminated” as books to dive into. Combing the material with these two books through hardcore spiritual practice before you take psychedelics would provide enormous benefit, as well as make your entry into psychedelics enormously more powerful. 

In addition to these two books, I HIGHLY recommend "Seeing that Frees" and "Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha".  You need to read all 4 of these books to gain a balanced perspective: the analytical side (Ralston), concentration development (TMI), maps of the path and insight meditation (MCTB), and putting it all together with heart and wisdom (StF).   Seeing that Frees is the most important book in this series, though also the most advanced.  Read it multiple times.

You will unlock a million directions to explore by starting here.  Be patient, it will probably take a lot of time and effort before you see fruit on this path.  But it's possible if you truly desire it.

Also, the most advanced community you will likely find is http://www.awakeningtoreality.com/

However, don't be surprised if you don't understand a word of it right now.  Just bookmark it and come back to it one day.

If you're looking for an awakening that doesn't go after 20 minutes, you're better off without psychedelics.

2 hours ago, Flyboy said:

In addition to these two books, I HIGHLY recommend "Seeing that Frees" and "Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha".  You need to read all 4 of these books to gain a balanced perspective: the analytical side (Ralston), concentration development (TMI), maps of the path and insight meditation (MCTB), and putting it all together with heart and wisdom (StF).   Seeing that Frees is the most important book in this series, though also the most advanced.  Read it multiple times.

You will unlock a million directions to explore by starting here.  Be patient, it will probably take a lot of time and effort before you see fruit on this path.  But it's possible if you truly desire it.

?? ? Yes, my god. Combining 4 of these books is gold. 

2 hours ago, Flyboy said:

Also, the most advanced community you will likely find is http://www.awakeningtoreality.com/

Very interesting resource as well! 

^^ All the above responses are flawless. They're all gold.

@jdharvey6 You've got the answers! :)

Edited by The0Self

Take this serious, it will prepare you for the psychedelics hardcore. 

Do a 3-7 Day Juice Fast with Squeezed 1 bag of organic grapes and 1 lemon X3-4 times a day. 

eat a small plant based meal if you must once a day. Your baseline consciousness will be through the roof! 

Forget about enlightenment if you are not detoxing and eating plant based raw vegetables and fruit, you’ll never reach the levels Leo talks about - also heavy metal detoxing with chrollela and Cilantro. Easy start. @jdharvey6

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

2 minutes ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

also heavy metal detoxing with chrollela and Cilantro

Dude this is major disinformation. See my threads on chelation if interested in that stuff.

@jdharvey6 experiment with various methods/paths towards enlightenment and find the one that corresponds to you best.

You will need to experiment.

Watch Leo's videos on enlightenment. Look into self inquiry and vipassana. Mindfullness.

Shinzen Young, Peter Ralston, Adyashanti, sam harris, ramana maharshi. Are IMO more focused towards enlightenment.

Eckhart Tolle, Rupert Spira and other lot's of others are more focused towards the liberation side of enlightenment.

You need to listen to what they say, do their methods, be confused, listen again, try it again and still be confused.

Also ask people on the lath you chose for help and guidance, this will prevent your from being lost in your mind about theory and if you do it right etc.

28 minutes ago, The0Self said:

See my threads on chelation if interested in that stuff

Where could I see that?

You’re on the right path. Don’t rush, as an old teacher of mine once told me. 

Enjoy the journey. 

22 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Where could I see that?

I would advise you against THC. Just my personal opinion. It will make you lazy, cripple you intellectually, and destroy your wit. If you know what I mean when I say mental acuity, then trust me when I tell you marijuana will take it out of you. 

1 hour ago, samijiben said:

I would advise you against THC. Just my personal opinion. It will make you lazy, cripple you intellectually, and destroy your wit. If you know what I mean when I say mental acuity, then trust me when I tell you marijuana will take it out of you. 

This depends completely on the individual. It can be the opposite of everything you’ve said and is for many people. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY