Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hulia

3 directors

11 posts in this topic

I have now 3 directors over me. 

1. My old boss. With whom we still have a lot of common topics and can cooperate very good. Our weak and strong points match to each other. And I like him as a person. I think he likes me too and thinks that I am smart. He asks me often for advises. I like it. I am afraid, he might change to fit better into a new environment in our company, which has become more hierarchial (only directors around) and more aggressive. He has a weak nature, he would adjust if necessary.

2. My new boss. Redbeard. He is oficially my superior. But we are mostly working on different topcis. He is rather a boss over the acounting. And this is not the direction I want to go to. Though they have changed the name of my position in the contract, so that it´s sounds more like acounting. I would prefer to be an analyst. I like to work with big data volumes, rather than with the particular postings. I am more a helicopter-view-person. I am not compatible with a redbeard and his field of activity.

3. New crazy woman. She is supposed to do what I have done before. Exactly that what I like to do. Normally she should be my boss. Not that I need her, but she has been put into position. I need to stick with her. Her wishes are the priority for me. I don´t like her but I want her to want to work with me, because I like the tasks she has been charged with. Otherwise if I exaggerate in my eagerness, she might get afraid of me - see a kind of competitor in me trying to outsmart her. 

Let´s see if it goes well - this situation with 3 directors. Formely I could take the decisions for myself and implement them. Just ask my only boss No. 1, he always agreed and mostly didn´t even have time to properly to listen to my arguments, so that I even stopped to ask him at some point. And now I need to ask all 3 directors. About the stuff in which they are not even deeply in. And the crazy woman No.3 didn´t sound very cooperative, as far as I can judge from our conversations. I don´t think, she will let me participate an any kind of decision-making, only implementing of what she decided for herself. She seems to be this type of boss, who is always surrounded by idiots. 

Edited by Hulia

Our new CFO seems to be an idiot. The readbeard could persuade him no to do some idiotic thing, which he wanted to enforce on us. The precious moments, when I loved a redbeard. He is not stupid, just very stiff and conservative. 

What the new CFO wanted was to divide our corporation into functions and calculate every month the profit/loss per function, like:

Total profit: 100

- production: -10

- sales: 50

- R&D: 30

- management: 30

I have never heard something as crazy as that -  completely artificial and absurd. The costs are ok. But there is no way to devide a revenue in a fair logical way. The implementation and complexity would take a lot of time and resources. For what? The potential conflicts - costs pushing and revenue pulling between the functions... Everyone was frustrated. 

But luckily readbeard could prevent this disaster.

But of course this all is not important. At all. Minor stuff.

Compared to what is going on in Afghanistan ???

I read a lot about Afghanistan. I also knew some, because they studied in my univiersity in Ukraine. My daughter had a an afghan boy in her class, she had that special face, when she told me, she wished she had a brother like him. The boy changed schools every half a year, because his family constantly moved. A threat of deportation?

They walked by foot to Pakistan lived there for half a year, then they walked by foot to Turkey, lived there for a year. Then Europe. By foot from Greece to Germany. The boy spoke all the possible languages, also pretty good German almost as good as Germans. He did for my daughter home works in Spanish, and she got only "excellent". Because he went also in Spain to school.

I hope, they are still in Europe, otherwise it doesn´t look good for them.

The afghans that I knew were peacefull, patient, quiet, intelligent.

So tomorrow is Monday. And you know what? I am glad that I am not a director. As a director you have not only to implement the idiotic ideas of CFO but also to be aligned with thousand other directors, which have grown in our company like mushrooms. You cannot just run your CONCEPT to the end, untill your are at the end it´s not your concept any more, it´s NOT a Concept any more, it´s a heap of sporadic uncontrolled ideas of thousand other directors who want to be in a game. But you are still a director who is in charge of IMPLEMENTING, like my ex-boss.

That the new target operating model won´t work any more shoudln´t bother me, since I am nobody, not responsible for the outcome. It´s just a matter of honour (because I am sure, it would work if I could implement it on my own) and compassion to my ex-boss. 

They all here are speaking about, how much women love leader-type of men. My company should be a paradise for women. Approximately 50% are directors, 30% - managers. And appr. 80% of them are males. Add the fact that the half of them are french.

Edited by Hulia

This woman is terrrible. Even worse than readbeard. She is a kind of persons who like to keep everyone busy around her. Just for the sake of it. No matter, if it makes sense or not. At the end everyone is frustrated, nothing fits, and new round can begin. Adjustment of adjustment of adjustment... Frustration, hate, dispair.

I am fucking brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!!! And awesome!

I have found a solution of the problem, on which all the directors are breaking their heads since half a year (apart of a terrible woman who doesn´t even understand, there is a problem), since our ididotic management has come with new ideas. The solution is simple, clean and beautiful! No one of 50+ accountants needs to do some strange acrobatics to meet the strange needs of our management!

At these moments I love to be a wage-slave, as long as I am allowed to work with numbers and programms and not with silly papers and laws like contracts, invoices, taxes, laws... I feel incredibly smart like no one else. All the energy from my chest into head and I feel as mighty as a fucking god. 

Haha, redbeard comes every day to my office and looks at me with his begging eyes like a dog, doesn´t say anything, sighs and goes out. And now I have the solution for him and all the other directors. They can sleep quietly again, the wage-slaves :))))))

Redbeard is no match to your power. 

*scoffs at him. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India  Haha.. And the other colleague, whose office is near readbeard´s office told me, he comes back to his office, puts off his mask, and throws it vehemently against the desk. A mask! :)))