Gabith

Anna Brown

47 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, knakoo said:

For newbies yes maybe it is good to "work hard", but at some point on the path it becomes counterproductive to use a lot of will power and forcing yourself to do practices. Your realise that, don't you ? I think you said something along those lines in your satisfaction meditation video.

Though maybe seeking hard for decades can work for some people, I don't know. Maybe it depends if someone is more mind or feeling/heart oriented.

If one is doing the work "correctly" the seeking and "work" will be coming from a place of emptiness, an automatic happening. Consciousness begins to unknot itself through complete spontaneity, awakening to infinite degrees on autopilot, and one step further would be that each moment is recognized as being complete, an opportunity for the infinite to be expressed as well as experienced directly. The idea that there was ever someone working, or that there was ever an exertion of egoic will is too seen to be empty. 

When all of the hard work and effort is transcended, when all of the hard work and effort is seen as it actually is, this is not the end of all of the hard work and effort. Instead, a radical re-contextualization takes place and everything is as it was. 

At this point, consciousness will either keep "practicing" and the mind structure will continue to purify, transform, and embody principles aligned with absolute truth, or it won't. All is in perfect equilibrium. 

Edited by Consilience

11 minutes ago, Consilience said:

When all of the hard work and effort is transcended, when all of the hard work and effort is seen as it actually is, this is not the end of all of the hard work and effort. Instead, a radical re-contextualization takes place and everything is as it was. 

When hard work and effort is transcended, then you start flowing effortlessly through life, so how can you say that this is not the end of "hard work" and "effort"?

I love Anna because she is a balancing perspective.  She definitely has her own flavor and way of speaking, but I believe her awakening is authentic and that she speaks from it.  It's very hard to find a feminine flavor of these teachings, and I would suggest that hers are generally for people who are farther along on the path than for beginners.

I think Leo is correct that for beginners, this won't help much.  But beyond a certain point, the deepness which belies her simple-sounding statements begins to become apparent.  Imagine someone telling you "Love is the answer."  You could hear that a million times and dismiss it.  But when you truly start to understand the Universe, that statement takes on layer after layer of deeper and more profound meaning.  I think her teaching is like that.

1 hour ago, knakoo said:

When hard work and effort is transcended, then you start flowing effortlessly through life, so how can you say that this is not the end of "hard work" and "effort"?

Because it's seen that hard work and effort are too, part of the effortless flow of life. 

As the ol zen saying goes, "Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

Imagine someone telling you "Love is the answer."  You could hear that a million times and dismiss it.  But when you truly start to understand the Universe, that statement takes on layer after layer of deeper and more profound meaning.  I think her teaching is like that.

I think this is a really balanced way to approach her content. 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If not working worked then everyone would be awake. Yet no one is. Listening to a bunch of soft Neo-Advaita talk will not awaken almost anyone, just like how watching videos of billionaires swimming in pools of money will not make you rich.

If working worked, then everyone would be awake as well, yet no one is. Just imagine for one moment all the spiritual extremes that people go and have gone into over thousands of years, and how many truly enlightened people this actually produced. The truth is that nothing works because there is no algorithm for awakening. All paths lead to the same place. It's just that some paths are thorny, very difficult to walk through, and require extreme effort. And some paths are gentle, loving, and effortless, and there's the intoxicating aroma of roses as you walk through. It's simply a matter of taste.

I LOVE that girl. Personally speaking, her videos (and yes, her whole energy) have been immensly helpful pointers for me.

Even though I don't think that I'd be quite where I am now without taking a couple of spoonfuls from the psychedelic honey pot... ^_^

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?