Gabith

Anna Brown

47 posts in this topic

Here's Anna Brown

I love her content but I wonder what she did to keep this "state of consciousness" because she is always talking about "awakening" is not special, it is simply what is and we're already it, we don't have to seek, the more we seek the more we veil etc...

So when I listen to her, it's like there's no work to do at all.. I don't know what to think about it

During the day, I try to do everything slowly, I breath slowly, I try to feel love for myself and "others", I try to be with the breath and I take times to pause and watch the sky, a wall or simply what is in front of me. I feel it impact my life but slowly, is it enough ? I'm lost between do I have to meditate for hours or just keep doing what I'm doing without trying to reach something ?

I like her too, but still think she's a bit too Neo-Advaita for my taste. This whole "you are enlightened, there's nothing for you to do"-schtick is not helpful in most cases and mostly just creates delusion and suffering in beginners. 

If you want to find, you must seek. You must even seek when your very seeking is what prevents you from finding.

Because only by realizing that you can't find, you will find. 

What she says is of course true and you can't find what you've never lost. But you think that you have lost something.

So what "finding" means in this context is not "regaining what was lost", but realizing that you have never lost anything to begin with!

But you must find that out!!xD

I have tried to listen but don't resonate yet.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

she is a seductress. what I hear is: I am enlightened, and you are not. What would you like to be like me? normal, I'm wonderful

@Breakingthewall After watching a lot of his videos, I don't believe she is like that. She seems very authentic and loving

1 minute ago, Gabith said:

@Breakingthewall After watching a lot of his videos, I don't believe she is like that. She seems very authentic and loving

Could be, Maybe I cross the boundary between healthy doubt and mean thinking, but I listen to her and see a message centered on her person, precisely on how loving and authentic she is ... that she possibly is. btw what she says is inspired

Of course awakening is all that is, here and now. IF you are awake.

But you are not awake.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

27 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

she is a seductress. what I hear is: I am enlightened, and you are not. What would you like to be like me? normal, I'm wonderful

@Breakingthewall ngl, I predicted that people will project this exact same thing on her. That's because I did the exact same thing after the first few videos I watched of her. But honestly, after closer inspection, there is no real way of knowing and that what I felt towards her was 100% just a projection. 

In fact, it doesn't even matter if our projections are correct, don't you think? All that matters is what comes out of that mouth. 

@Swarnim what really matters is whether she helps people to wake up. does it?

Well maybe in a way yes, at least make the people desire to be awake

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

I like her too, but still think she's a bit too Neo-Advaita for my taste. This whole "you are enlightened, there's nothing for you to do"-schtick is not helpful in most cases and mostly just creates delusion and suffering in beginners. 

If you want to find, you must seek. You must even seek when your very seeking is what prevents you from finding.

I see a big distinction between Neo-Advaita and this -- Jim Newman, Tony Parsons, Andreas Muller, Anna Brown, Andrea Reflects, Kenneth Madden, perhaps more... Lisa Cairns, etc -- aka contemporary nonduality (I've heard it called). Neo-Advaita says you're already enlightened and there's nothing to do, which is hopelessly taken on as a belief -- I wouldn't call it nonduality. This contemporary nonduality consists of a message being spoken that points to nothing; the absolute -- they rarely say there's nothing to do... and even if they seem like they do, whenever pressed, they always make it very clear there's no one to do that anyway, so who is giving up the search? It's made very clear that thinking or knowing you are enlightened already is just a game the individual would play to avoid liberation.

In Neo-Advaita, you can supposedly know (or believe) you're enlightened. In contemporary nonduality, you can't -- because unlike Neo-Advaita, it does point to liberation, which is beyond mere belief.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self What you call contemporary nonduality is what I consider Neo-advaita.

They all basically tell you there's nothing to do. Which pretty much guarantees you will never realize God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura neo advaida like Rupert spira and Eckhart tolle?

However I believe they focus on the liberation aspect of spirituality. Which is the exact opposite from most awakening-seekers.

Edited by Endangered-EGO
Grammar

Take in mind that, for some women is easier to awaken, because their kundalini it was not so beaten up as happens in male perspective. They are receptors, they give birth, in itself this is easier for them, they have their struggles also. 

So yeah, i said it. Guys, go and learn from the vibe of healthy women. Still thinking you will awaken in a fraternity of only men? Think twice. Namaste. 

Singer

14™

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@The0Self What you call contemporary nonduality is what I consider Neo-advaita.

They all basically tell you there's nothing to do. Which pretty much guarantees you will never realize God.

Yeah I can certainly agree that listening to them would be an incredibly inefficient if not useless way to awaken. But I still consider them miles better than Mooji or people just claiming there's nothing to do full stop. I have heard them pressed on these matters and it is very clear to me they'd (at least most of the time hopefully) say stopping your practice as a result of listening to the message is a misunderstanding of the message -- i.e. meditation happens or it doesn't. They inadvertently remind people all the time that they're still living in separation, ironically -- Neo-Advaita does the opposite of that, by literally saying no you're already enlightened. Contemporary just casually reminds that this is home, and there's no separation.

Edited by The0Self

She's just too woo-woo and touchy-feely for me. Leo sometimes says "But Leo, this is just hippie nonsense!" But Leo's teachings are not that. This is.

1 minute ago, samijiben said:

She's just too woo-woo and touchy-feely for me. Leo sometimes says "But Leo, this is just hippie nonsense!" But Leo's teachings are not that. This is.

There actually is hippie nonsense out there. This is basically resonance; in a way, metaphor. She isn't claiming anything.

@The0Self I suppose I mean her delivery. You know? Like the way she communicates her message is just overly pretentious and honestly fucking creepy as shit.

14 minutes ago, samijiben said:

@The0Self I suppose I mean her delivery. You know? Like the way she communicates her message is just overly pretentious and honestly fucking creepy as shit.

If she weren't authentic, it certainly would be lol. But since I only sense authenticity, I don't see it that way. I think she just comes from a theatrical lifestyle/background.

Edited by The0Self

She is one of the most radical teachers out there. Even tho she wouldn't say she is a teacher, of course.

If you think you need "work" to get enlightened you will never be enlightened, unless you stopped "working".

That is just what she does.

Maybe she is lying to herself, but everyone is delusional anyways.

Meditation can take many forms.

There is no limit or rule on how to meditate.

:x