Alfonsoo

How can I go deeper with psychedelics?

20 posts in this topic

After some nasty experience with LSD (2 y/ago) I want to try it again. My first concern comes with dosage. I did 100 mics last time and was a little heavy on me, mostly due to improper psychological preparation. Im not sure if I after two years it will still be too much. Note that during this time I studied more about psychedelics, and the mind, and meditated more, etc. (specially during the more recent times) so I would definitely say I am more prepared. However I still have my doubts about being able to handle a 11ug, but I think less than a 100 (75ug to be precise) is borderline useless. 

Also Im interested in knowing specific tips and ideas and techniques from your experience on how can I focus my trip on spiritual growth. Im particularly drawn to having a breakthrough or experiencing ego death and on how to enable this experiences. I set this as top priority for my trip, the main focus.

Thank you all for your help.

Edited by Alfonsoo

Your degree of contemplative fitness and realization of the emptiness of reality will allow you to go deeper without getting a bad trip. Though bad trips aren’t necessarily something you need to avoid. I would get yourself prepared with a serious meditation practice + contemplation most of the time, and then when you’re ready, take 110ug — that’s the best dose to take, in my view. It’s sort of the lowest effective dose for a potentially ultra-insightful trip. Not that microdosing 25ug wouldn’t be worth trying in your case. It’s my dose (110) even as a “veteran,” though sort of worked down from 250-1000ug. 110ug works best now ?? 

If you try a microdose (10-25ug), or a mild dose (30-75ug), just to get your feet wet, make sure after that you wait at least 12 days before you take the trip dose (100+ mcg).

Edited by The0Self

8 minutes ago, The0Self said:

take 110ug — that’s the best dose to take

Interesting suggestion.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

6 minutes ago, ZenSwift said:

Interesting suggestion.

I’ve purchased a lot of 100, 110, and 140 mcg tabs over the years. Much of it from the same source.

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

If you try a microdose (10-25ug), or a mild dose (30-75ug), just to get your feet wet, make sure after that you wait at least 12 days before you take the trip dose (100+ mcg).

Why wait 12 days in between sessions? I'm also thinking of experimenting with LSD in the near future. Also, when micro dosing LSD do you just cut the tabs?

Your each 100ug will will be different everytime. Keep the dosage stigma out of the gate. All people react to the same dose differently. Start threshold 50ug and see, then go deeper with min 2 weeks between. What matters is being conscious and experiencing the trip real time then give time atleast a day after for integration.

Integration can just be sitting silent and being reborn or contemplating.

For 105ug tab showed me god head and bought me back. I was totally interconnected with everyone around me. Whenever I tpuch something, I touch me. So this was just 105ug.

Set and setting plays an Imp role btw. Otherwise no dose can help you

You know, you actually have an actual breakthrough, but post the trip it's like you're neutralized and don't remember anything and get disappointed. You only realised this in your next conscious trip. Don't relax too much or keep eyes closed. I hope you get what I mean. Once you reach the peak no matter what you do, you go sooo deep.

No harm in doing a low does, if you didn't get wanted you wanted you can always come back another time. 

I have had amazing insights on 25ug just sitting around contemplating. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@Alfonsoo

I’d ‘clean your house’ prior to the trip, for a more assured ‘good’ trip. Daily morning meditation, daily expression journaling, a clean diet, and a full dreamboard. The trip would be more of a reward, a taking of all that having cleaned up the house to the next inspirational step, showing you the way / connecting dots / meeting you in co-creating / helping shed light on underlying limiting beliefs. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm And once in the trip how am I supposed to work limiting beliefs (for example)? Should I make a list of them and start analyzing them?

@Alfonsoo

No, the opposite. Limiting beliefs are not something you work on, they’re more like a pack of jackals. “Working on them” = feeding them, which keeps them around. The nature of a belief is that it isn’t true. That’s what trips reveal or show you, so to speak. If you go into a trip with “something to work on”, you’re goin in with conditions, ‘my problems’, expectations, and with an a prior assumption something is wrong or broke and needs to be fixed. Trips show there’s nothing wrong, nothing that needs fixing… same as focusing on breathing from the stomach (meditation) which you can do any time, namely, in a trip. ‘Going into’ solving & fixing in a trip is just askin for looping and resistance. It’s called a trip because you leave, you know? It’s not called ‘my same everyday shit’. It’s more ‘literally… leave it all, let it all go… very literally - all of it. Relationships, the past, the future, others, the “self” of thoughts & fixing & problems & solutions, reality… let it all go’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm So the routine, if there must be one, should be reduced to meditation, contemplating and breathing exercises (and other stuff of this nature)? and let the trip run its natural course? I imagine light will be shun to whatever needs to be revealed (for example, the fact that limiting beliefs are just that ) all by its self; no agenda or outcome should be pushed.

Every LSD experience I have had has been different.  Most are profound, some are entertaining and a few were terrifying.   I've done over 30 trips from 25ug to 340ug.  Most of my trips have been 170 - 200ug.  Set and setting are EVERYTHING with LSD. 

Hi Leo,

Watched pretty much all your videos over the last 2 years. Also took a deep dive into psychedelics. Ayahuasca, Mushrooms and LSD so far. Want to try 5MEO next.  I feel like a totally different person! 

Firstly, thank you for what you do. No words for the appreciation I have. ❤️

Secondly, I have a question about psychedelics.. Sometimes when I do high dose mushroom trips in the 7 to 14 gram range (Golden Teachers), I don’t feel coherent enough to have insights while in that state. Insights come afterwards for me. Would you suggest taking lower doses in the 2.5 gram range in order to dive deeper into the different facits of awakening, instead of the high doses that I’ve been doing ?  

On 8/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, OBEler said:

@taotemu what is your set and setting 

For me I need to have a completely clear schedule for at least two days.  No responsibilities to anyone or anything.  If I know I have to be able to perform at my job the next day it is just too distracting for me and that becomes part of the trip.  I also prefer having a clean environment.  No clutter or mess.  I have fixated on a dirty carpet once with a mind loop that wouldn't let go.  I have done LSD enough times now that I don't feel the need for a trip sitter.  Most of the time I'm fine, but having someone sober around to help ground you if you start going down a rabbit hole of crazy thoughts is quite helpful. 

I usually wait until I feel a calling to revisit the psychedelic space.  I use LSD 2 - 3 times a year now.  Every time I have taken psychedelics because of my ego, I get little to no insight or benefit from it.  Having a clear intent and my mind focused on specific issues or positive intentions helps direct the trip.  I do not use these substances as an escape or party drug.  It is for deep personal work and I always do them alone or with my wife.  If I'm in the frame of mind I want to be entertained vs. I want to self-realize it makes all the difference. 

That is what works for me.  Your mileage may very. 

37 minutes ago, RyanK said:

Hi Leo,

Watched pretty much all your videos over the last 2 years. Also took a deep dive into psychedelics. Ayahuasca, Mushrooms and LSD so far. Want to try 5MEO next.  I feel like a totally different person! 

Firstly, thank you for what you do. No words for the appreciation I have. ❤️

Secondly, I have a question about psychedelics.. Sometimes when I do high dose mushroom trips in the 7 to 14 gram range (Golden Teachers), I don’t feel coherent enough to have insights while in that state. Insights come afterwards for me. Would you suggest taking lower doses in the 2.5 gram range in order to dive deeper into the different facits of awakening, instead of the high doses that I’ve been doing ?  

I can't speak for Leo's experience, but for myself really high doses of psychedelics tends to diminish the insights.  I took 7g of Golden Teacher once and it was just too much.  340ug of LSD is the most I have ever taken, it is it on the verge of too much.  200ug is about right for me.  5MeO is another class of drug completely in my opinion.  I would classify it more as a dissociative than a psychedelic.  I took 20mg and it was WAY too much.  If I ever do it again I will do no more than 5mg.

Slow and steady wins the race (yes, even with psychedelics!)