Farnaby

Psylocibin to treat migraines?

8 posts in this topic

Hi! I've read some studies yielding promising results in terms of psylocibin being effective to treat migraines. 

I've also heard anecdotal reports that support this. 

My girlfriend suffers debilitating migraines weekly (sometimes almost daily) and they can last a few days. 

She has been prescribed many different medications and most don't do much or slightly alleviate the symptoms for a few hours at best. Sometimes the pain is so debilitating that she takes benzodiazepines so she can at least sleep. 

Being aware of the toxicity of taking so much medication, she tried microdosing psylocibin truffles twice but didn't notice any improvement.

Does anyone have experience with this and can suggest an effective way to try this again? My belief is she may need to give it some time and a few more tries to really see if it works. 

Any advice on how to at least reduce the frequency and intensity of these migraines would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you ?

I haven't looked into any studies whatsoever, and what I am about to say is simply anecdotal evidence. I have been microdosing for years on and off and for me, mushrooms actually being about a headache (for a short while). I did look into this and others seem to experience similar. 

Thank you! So, in your case, mushrooms increased headaches instead of decreasing them? 

I guess she'll have to experiment with it and other approaches (accupuncture, exercise, etc.). 

It would be nice if someone has been able to overcome migraines or has medical knowledge on things that she could try out.

6 hours ago, Farnaby said:

Thank you! So, in your case, mushrooms increased headaches instead of decreasing them? 

Yep, don't know why, haven't really looked into it as I am not too bothered. Yep, self experimentation is her best bet ☺️

@Charlotte @Farnaby I've had headaches my whole life, and i've taken a bunch of psychs so I can provide some insight.

For me, psychs bring on a feeling of nauseous and headaches etc that are related to the headaches I get normally in life, but the thing is on psychs if you can go deeper and deeper into the feeling of the headache and trace it to it's root in your being, then you can dissolve the headache and lose all the suffering associated with the headache.

The thing is you can get sort of stuck in an inbetween phase, where the headache is coming on strong, but you can't surrender/let go enough to dissolve the feeling so it can really suck.

On 14/08/2021 at 9:55 PM, Charlotte said:

I haven't looked into any studies whatsoever, and what I am about to say is simply anecdotal evidence. I have been microdosing for years on and off and for me, mushrooms actually being about a headache (for a short while). I did look into this and others seem to experience similar. 

Yes, someone I personally know also says that mushrooms cause them a slight headache. A headache is not a migraine though. Very different things.

There are reports of people suffering from actual migraines, who just take a good dose of shrooms every 2-3 weeks, and they stay away.

Maybe it will work for her, maybe not... Just take a good trip and find out

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

My mother always suffered migraines and she tried botox injections. She says it helps so much because she didnt have migraine off-days she had 3/10 pain on a  scale and now the days she doesnt have migraine the pain is 0/10, the injections are every 2-3 months so no problem.