Zega

My GF had an unintentional awakening and she's reeling hard

14 posts in this topic

So my GF has never been big on perusing enlightenment or spirituality in general, but she's always had a keen sense for it.

She's been going to school and working and her time has been so preoccupied that one day she experienced nothingness. True absolute nothingness.

It was a beautiful experience at first but then the next day she said she saw all of time; past present and future in a sort of "donut" shape that infinitely collapsed in on itself like a strange loop. She knows I understand what she means but she feels like she's going crazy and can't turn off seeing infinity.

I've helped her a bit by explaining some of what this means, but also telling her how to ground and be present. She wants to get into meditation but it's never been a big thing for her. I have a feeling that will change soon.

Leo's video on The Many Facets of Awakening has been exceptionally relevant for this. I'm very proud of her, but I also understand that this is very scary for her as well as exciting. She's been crying a lot and losing sleep because she keeps slipping into the infinite.

I haven't seen her in a week and tomorrow I finally get to be with her again, but if anyone has advice or words of wisdom to help her through this rude and involuntary awakening that would be great. 

<3

Just offer your support, it's the only thing you can do.

It is, after all, her process, her journey, her path, not yours. 

These experiences can be very reality shattering, particularly if you're unable to contextualize them. Serious and prolonged meditation practice is a way to ground yourself.

25 minutes ago, Zega said:

I haven't seen her in a week and tomorrow I finally get to be with her again, but if anyone has advice or words of wisdom to help her through this rude and involuntary awakening that would be great. 

Tell her to read the book on my list by Sussane Seagel.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Lucky girl doesn't realize that normies like us would kill for her gifts :D

It's Love.

Don't forget yourself, be aware of anything that might be triggered in you - fear, frustration, despair, or whatever it may be - in response to her behaviour, and let those feelings go. Be her calm, steadfast rock.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Zega maybe you should talk with @Nahm about this issue. As I heard he is experienced with these matters and he might give you some guidance. 

On 14/08/2021 at 2:26 AM, RendHeaven said:

Lucky girl doesn't realize that normies like us would kill for her gifts :D

Some people would prefer to go to hell because at least interesting things happen. 

But when you're there you will be crying to get back to the boring ol "normal life"

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Seeker531 ?? 

@Zega

She can pm or email me anytime if interested. It’d be helpful to chat. A lot doesn’t add up here, as in there is much projection of unrelated discord onto the awakening experience, clouding / confusing it / herself. She kinda has to want to experience something like that though (a call w me). I wouldn’t suggest it too heavily. She might not be ready to sort through it even if there is some suffering. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thank you all for the responses. She's doing much better now that we've had a chance to sit together and discuss this. We went on a date and she commented how weird it was that she is literally everybody and wanted to hug all of them and tell them everything is going to be okay. She had a few scary moments later that night; sudden realizations of being nothing. I've been working with her on grounding and giving her resources to help herself.

@samijiben Yes, I'm consciously making an effort not to sully or corrupt her experience in any way. 

@Leo Gura Thanks, it's in the mail now :)

@JayySur She has 1 free day a week; she's mentally exhausted. No time for psychedelics.

@RickyFitts I am thrilled for her, and when she's not reeling she is too.

@Nahm Thank you, she's not on the forum but maybe an email, can you post or PM the address to me?

earthing would be good. salt baths or swimming in the ocean. commune with nature. grow some plants. these things could help to ground her.

Edited by Johnny Galt

I can tell that you’re a really caring and responsible boyfriend. Thank you for leading by example.