unborn_chicken

Carl Jung, where to begin?

13 posts in this topic

A good start and overall collection would be The Portable Jung, edited by Joseph Campbell, very comprehensive. I got it from the book recommendations of Ken Wilbers book No Boundary.

Memories, Dreams, Reflections - his autobiography. It will inform you as to whether or not his domain is conducive to your interests

Check out also "This Jungian Life" YouTube channel. Not as a start, but as a useful source of info.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Superfluo came here to recommend that.

Very good podcast. You'll probably get more out of the podcast than reading Jung for yourself.

2 hours ago, herghly said:

You'll probably get more out of the podcast than reading Jung for yourself.

Actually some days ago I listened to one episode and I found it a watered down version of knowledge and wisdom compared to other sources of psychological material. I felt like the podcast episode was not deep enough.

So I bet Jung would be a more insightful reading. We'll see.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

On 9/12/2021 at 0:05 PM, Superfluo said:

Actually some days ago I listened to one episode and I found it a watered down version of knowledge and wisdom compared to other sources of psychological material. I felt like the podcast episode was not deep enough.

So I bet Jung would be a more insightful reading. We'll see.

Too bad, I was just scanning the podcast catalogue, and many episodes sound extremely interesting. I'll still check it out I think, but if you have further experience, please share :) 

Years ago I bought this dvd and watched it many times. It has some morsels in it. I’ve never really read any of Jung’s books but have read those who have studied Jung. For those who don’t know much about this great pioneering psychologist this documentary should be of some help besides being quite interesting and somewhat entertaining.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@peanutspathtotruth Yes, I was allured too by the fancy academic terms and the lenght of the videos. But I found that in the episode I watched/listened to, the "Episode 085 - Healing the Negative Father Complex", they were just talking about the facets of the negative father complex. Which is a great strength point and a disappointing weak point.

Because yeah, talking horizontally gives you many perspective you may have not thought about, but they could have been learned simply by having more life experiences. The podcast episode didn't deal with the root causes of all the facets proposed, but of only some of them, which you can derive for yourself just by thinking and reflecting (if you are somewhat talented in psychology and self-awareness).

I had higher expectations from the podcast. Still, I only watched/listened to one episode. Maybe the other ones are super! Who knows?