28 cm unbuffed

Microdosing and Being Grounded

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys! 

I'm at the stage of my life when I'm working hard on my money issues, career so that these things will help me to boost my life purpose in the future. 

One of my routines is psilocybin microdosing (0.5g every 3 days). Psylocibin gives me great insights about my future (it's like feeling the energy telling me where should I go next and what to focus on), healing my traumas, and more holistic thinking. There is one problem though - it makes me ungrounded. 

I want to stick with it because I can see how it does wonders with my brain and it helps me to achieve my goals with lesser effort and I became a lot more long-term thinker thanks to them. But they make my brain really chaotic and there are a lot of things happening at once in my head. I can't really handle it while doing my everyday mundane stuff at the same time. 

I heard about walking on grass barefoot works, but I want something more practical, that I can do everywhere, anytime. Meditation helps a little but I was curious about some other methods or any advice in that manner. 

Thank you for your help in advance!

Running. You get the runners high and incredibly sharp clarity of thought, almost as if you're channeling. It pays huge dividends back to your work. You do not have to run very far, anything like 1.5 miles to 8 miles or so. Running 5 miles totally puts me in bliss like lala land, and I start being less effective but 2 miles is a good daily routine. I'm sure it varies for others. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

If you wanna keep micro-dosing lower the dose, half a gram can still make you mildly trip. When I micro-dose mushrooms I usually only do 0.1 or 0.2, maybe even less depending on how sensitive you are to them, or how potent the strain you have is. 

The point to micro-dosing is to have it at a level where you don't even notice you took them. You wanna find that sweet spot where you just feel like you had a good day afterwards.

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@28 cm unbuffed

I find anything, that has to do with being human, grounding. Basically just living life, really nothing too special. I always understood grounding as grounding oneself as a human being, walking on planet earth and doing human things (as opposed to being on a constant 'spiritual high', disconnected from earth).

• Making music
  • Making art
  • spending time with friends and family
  • socializing with different kinds of people
  • trying out different foods, cooking
  • moving your body
  • sweating
  • saunas
  • ice-bath/cold shower
  • listening to the environment
  • watching cool movies
  • connecting with nature
  • following your life purpose (framing it as the thing which grounds you, instead of your LP making you ungrounded)
  • working
  • giving the body consumption-resets (such as no psychedelics, caffeine, sugar for some time)
  • not spending too much time on the internet (always makes me feel ungrounded if it becomes too much)
  • basically stimulating the five senses in ways that are healthy (like listening to music, eating amazing food, stretching, smelling flowers etc.)
19 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Running. You get the runners high and incredibly sharp clarity of thought, almost as if you're channeling. It pays huge dividends back to your work. You do not have to run very far, anything like 1.5 miles to 8 miles or so. Running 5 miles totally puts me in bliss like lala land, and I start being less effective but 2 miles is a good daily routine. I'm sure it varies for others. 

I absolutely love running. For a few months, it was my daily routine to run about 2-3 km. The feeling of sweating amidst of the woods is amazing. But after some time, my knees hurt a lot. Couldn't even properly climb the stairs. So I had to stop and switch to riding the bike, as my doc suggested. But I'd love to run again. Have you ever had knee problems too? If so, how did you deal with the runner's knee?

Edited by EmptyVase

1 minute ago, EmptyVase said:

But I'd love to run again. Have you ever had knee problems too? If so, how did you deal with the runner's knee?

I've never had knee issues, I've had some other injuries though. Play around with it, try some yoga and different stretches. Try different shoes. Try working on your form, do you over pronate, under pronate? Where are you wearing your shoes through fastest? Play around with where and how you land on your foot and how you push off. Practice doing this smoothly, seamlessly. Some people's form makes running unnecessarily high impact. Play around with different stride lengths. you can find a lot of resources for working on your form online and a personal trainer can be well worth it because they can spot issues we're blind to. Often rest in addition to making some changes can resolve the issue. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw

Tried some of the things you mentioned, but there are also new inspirations. This just might make me start running again. Thank you! :)

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Where are you wearing your shoes through fastest? 

Don't wanna derail the thread too much (sorry!), but what do you mean by that?

Yeah, that's why i stopped with psychedelics for a while, I needed to be grounded in order to tackle financial matters.

They will put you too much into the "all is good, we are all god, nothing to do" area, this is only good when you have a strong foundation.

Once or twice a week I smoke weed and it does open me up to new ideas.

So, there is a way to use as a powerful tool, just test it.

@mandyjw

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, but I'm already way too slim and I need to gain some weight and muscle, that's why I prefer the gym for now. 

@OctagonOctopus

It's tricky to get the dosage right, it really depends - sometimes 0.5 is like a medium trip dose, sometimes it's like nothing. And it's only like once every 3 days, because of tolerance. What I want to say is that I don't know if 0.2 will do anything useful for me and my goals. It's not about the "feeling good" effect - it's about getting gradual insights, connecting the neurotransmitters in my brain to use its full potential, and achieving my goals faster, smarter.

@EmptyVase

I guess, getting into the "doing" state is a good answer, the thing is - I need to learn a lot right now, I do all of the necessary stuff in the meantime, and what I need the most is being grounded and focused so I can learn.

@Recursoinominado

I stopped smoking weed because I feel like they made me "dumb" in a sense. But yeah, they gave me tons of insights and showed me my negative beliefs so I acknowledge their usefulness. Not sure if I want to stop microdosing altogether - it really works wonders, shrooms are like a mentor (Golden Teacher kind huh. It's amazing how it works, I just need to balance it out.

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

@28 cm unbuffed

Yeah exactly it is about being able to achieve your goals from a more expanded state.

What I mean by you just feel like you had a good day, is that you were focused on your goals and you got things done, and then that makes you feel good.

The thing is, you can't really do day to day life as easily if you are in more then just minimum threshold effects. As then you start going down some rabbit hole of insights, that you wont have the time to ground because you are trying to deal with day to day life. 

I know mushrooms can be tricky to dose because of how much the potency can vary from two different pieces that are the same weight. But the point isn't to trip and have crazy insights if you are micro-dosing. If you wanna do that, set a day where you have nothing to do but trip, heal, & integrate the insights. 

Lower doses will effect you, you just have to be more mindful of the subtle ways it effects conciousness if you want to notice it. 

To be honest with you, if you think you are ungrounded then I would stop taking them for awhile. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@28 cm unbuffed have you tried meditation before during and the following subsequent days that follow the microdose? I find they're merely highlighting what is already there. 

@OctagonOctopus

Yeah, you're probably right. It's tricky because I had a spiritual awakening like 2 years ago and these insights were all like in a perfect time and they were all synchronicities. Awakening was like getting false beliefs and layers of lies from me and it was all these micro trips were crucial for my development. Not sure if I want to quit it altogether, as I'm not sure if the process is done, I will get down to 0.4, maybe 0.3 g per day. Thank you for your advice.

@Charlotte

I think I should get back to meditating more, as it is a powerful meta-skill, but still - my consciousness is at the level right now where I am meditating like all the time, doing stuff, it's like life is controlling my body and observing my mind all the time. 

@EmptyVase Good post, I'll take your advice (no, I didn't take that peasant tool acid). Stretching, showers, doing ordinary things. Keep up my running routine 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@EmptyVase hahahaha for real brother.

I should be working as a janitor! A way to be humble. I think I'd end up intentionally putting puddles of water on the floor in people's blind spots however 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.