Alfonsoo

Why even bother with spirituality?

31 posts in this topic

It feels as if  I'm doing the spiritual work out of some mindless automatic behavior. I get the feeling that this is what I should be doing and I would trashing my life and time otherwise (which probably is the case). But I don't seem to get that feeling so many people describe here and that maybe at some point at the beginning of the journey I got; that feeling of mystery, awe, and of the purest curiosity. I know discovering reality's most inner workings and secrets should be a task meant to be fulfilled out of its own sake, but that's far from what's going on with me here. Right now its just a bland, black and white sense of duty with some fear of missing out thrown in there. Thats what is driving my (poor) progress right now. It seems I've temporarily (hopefully just that) lost drive and honest motivation, not to mention the curiosity to keep the pace with the spirituality.

How can I bring back the old feeling or better yet bring on new and fresh energy and a sense of the incredible unknown? And replace the current homework like ambient.

There are no 'shoulds'.

Why don't you just do whatever you're drawn to? Follow your passion, it's a lot more fun and, dare I say, more spiritual.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

1 hour ago, Alfonsoo said:

How can I bring back the old feeling or better yet bring on new and fresh energy and a sense of the incredible unknown? And replace the current homework like ambient.

What you need is a serious breakthrough. Something totally unexpected. A paradigm shift.

Do a three day vegetable and fruit fast. More effective than psychedelics for shifting your baseline consciousness and getting you closer to spirituality. Do not underestimate how much this can inspire you and give you clarity and energy after the two days of heavy detox symptoms. Three days with nothing but purity on the other end. God bless❤️

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

2 hours ago, Alfonsoo said:

It feels as if  I'm doing the spiritual work out of some mindless automatic behavior. I get the feeling that this is what I should be doing and I would trashing my life and time otherwise (which probably is the case). But I don't seem to get that feeling so many people describe here and that maybe at some point at the beginning of the journey I got; that feeling of mystery, awe, and of the purest curiosity. I know discovering reality's most inner workings and secrets should be a task meant to be fulfilled out of its own sake, but that's far from what's going on with me here. Right now its just a bland, black and white sense of duty with some fear of missing out thrown in there. Thats what is driving my (poor) progress right now. It seems I've temporarily (hopefully just that) lost drive and honest motivation, not to mention the curiosity to keep the pace with the spirituality.

That seeking never gets satisfied because the seeker isn't a real entity.

Its just conditioned thinking trying to find a better so-called spiritual experience in the future.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

have to keep on cleaning house if you want master to come back and stay

You may simply not be mature enough for spiritual work. In which case, go live your material life and enjoy it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Spirituality is the most important thing and something worth embodying. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Your post shows a lot of awareness, now use it to define what you do want, how you do want to feel. You cannot categorize or pigeon hole spirituality. Even if you were to let go of it it would pop out of the strangest places. It wasn't a thing you had to hold on to in the first place. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura Forever? How can I ditch it? One thing I do know is that I don’t wanna be trapped in material “life”.

Edited by Alfonsoo
Typo

12 hours ago, cetus said:

What you need is a serious breakthrough. Something totally unexpected. A paradigm shift.

What would you suggest? Apart from psychedelics..

I would suggest to not try harder, but try less hard. Be gentle and easy with yourself, then perhaps you allow life to do the same to you

Forget about the theory and shit, just drop the acid. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

an unordinary pursuit requires an emotionally compelling reason to succeed, perhaps contemplate whether you have one for continuing with this work

In my case, this spirituality thing came not something i will dwelve in. It came to me as a survival method when i was in a big life crisis. I did not know what relying on my breath was, only when you fear for your life, in my case happened. 

Singer

14™

Well the goal of spiritual practice is the end of doubting this is perfection.

Don’t force yourself into doing something you don’t want to do.

Likewise, find what you’re passionate about, and don’t use “spirituality” as an excuse for why you shouldn’t discover what you’re passionate about.  

Creating a “spiritual ego” is one of the biggest traps on this journey. 

On 8/13/2021 at 11:07 AM, Alfonsoo said:

What would you suggest? Apart from psychedelics..

First and foremost the experience of the no-self state even if it's just for a moment. But that's a tough nut to crack without outside help such as psychedelics. But it can be done. Leo has an early video that address the no-self or the selfless- self.

Our normal waking consciousness . . . is but one special type of consciousness, whilst all about it, parted from it by the flimsiest of screens, there lie potential forms of consciousness entirely different. We may go through life without suspecting their existence; but apply the requisite stimulus and at a touch they are all there in all their completeness . . . -William James