unborn_chicken

How come the tastiest food is so often the unhealthiest?

33 posts in this topic

I think about this all the time lol. Guess us humans have to learn the art of discipline in some kind of way.....*sigh

The tastiest food is the healthiest. You probably just never tasted the healthiest food and your palate has been corrupted by all the unhealthy stuff society hooked you with. The Universe is perfectly harmonious. We can’t tell the same about human constructions

@Ilan now now...we all know unhealthy food generally taste "better"...relatively speaking. Of course healthy food can be tasty, but the sheer amount of sugar and salt used in unhealthy foods hits the taste buds very different.

7 minutes ago, Ilan said:

The Universe is perfectly harmonious.

What does this even have to do with the topic? lol

Well I see perfectly what you mean but I would not call this unhealthy food you’re talking about tasty, I would say they give you an amazing sensation of relief when you take them just like a drug. Would you say heroin is tasty? It is like the difference between receiving a blowjob and contemplating a wonderful sunset. A healthy entity would go for the wonderful sunset.(I would certainly go for the blowjob myself..) 

what I mean by the Universe is perfectly harmonious is that it did not made the healthiest food horrible to taste and the unhealthiest amazingly good. the universe is not twisted like that. Humans just abuse survival to their. Yes we are very attracted by sugar and fat as this is this is pure energy for the body and Humans just abuse that in a dysfonctional way, I do it to of course. But I’m pretty sure a healthy human being with a healthy mind would enjoy fresh raw quality fruits more than a Big Mac 

1 hour ago, unborn_chicken said:

It's like god is trolling us all and having a good laugh at it xD

That’s actually not that far off.

I wouldn’t say God is trolling us, but why else are we here but to learn?

And we have to be presented with both good and bad choices in order to learn. Only because both exist can we become wise.

Edited by aurum

@aurum Yeah but then just how healthy should we eat? As healthy as possible? or healthy enough? 

Also I don't think food is an absolute thing; I'm convinced it's different for everybody.

Edited by unborn_chicken

If you eat healthy for a while and then try to eat something super greasy and/or high in sugar, you're going to be grossed out (kind of like if you're a nonsmoker and you are around people who smoke). But if you eat that kind of food constantly, you're just going to be used to the over stimulation and it will be normal for you. That over stimulation of your tastebuds can feel nice but it can get addictive. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Just now, unborn_chicken said:

@aurum Yeah but then just how healthy should we eat? As healthy as possible? or healthy enough? 

Also I don't think food is an absolute think; I'm convinced it's different for everybody.

I agree, it is different for everyone because everyone has different nutritional and psychological needs. I feel that to really eat healthy you need to find healthy food you actually like, find the right amount of certain nutrients/ food groups that are good for you, identify any food sensitivities you might have by feeling into your body, and have a good relationship with food where you aren't neurotic about it. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Such foods were nearly unavailable in the past and so if you happened to find something hyper-palatable with concentrated calories, it meant the tribe could survive a bit longer. Like finding a tree full of ripe figs or dates. The entire tribe would probably go and collect everything before it was discovered or just to make sure a fight didn't break out if another tribe found the tree as well. 

Our bodies are wired to seek out those high-calorie sources. The problem is we don't have to look anymore, they are everywhere which does not serve the primitive hunter instinct we still have and so people can't control themselves when they eat this stuff and obesity has become a problem.

Those foods are often designed to trigger a neurotransmitter response that makes it impossible to stop eating. It wouldn't be problem once every now and then but problem is that we have made those foods the centre of our diet and that makes us sick and fat 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

How come heroin isn't healthy?

God must be trolling us.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's because we don't know how to make healthy look better. Some deep insight there. ;)

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I used to like McDonalds as a kid.

Now I literally cannot eat it lol. And it makes me gag

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels, isn't that so? xD

Invest in organic and local veggies, or plant them yourself, if you have the possibility. I assure you, you'll crave veggies afterward. 

They are tasty because the manufacturers went to such great lengths, adding in many unhealthy ingredients for the purpose of making them tasty.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

How come the tastiest dick belongs so often to the baddest boy?

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"