Someone here

Questions about death

51 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

And how do you know that?

You didn't die yet. 

Because, there is no such a thing as pyhsic nor you have a body. All thoughts not even, there is nothing there. I have never born, not even moved always same as You are. Just told you in easy way, if i told you that now you are actually being now, not even dreaming, there is no such a thing as human, world birth, death vsvs, will you get it? 

14 minutes ago, James12345 said:

Because, there is no such a thing as pyhsic nor you have a body. All thoughts not even, there is nothing there. I have never born, not even moved always same as You are. Just told you in easy way, if i told you that now you are actually being now, not even dreaming, there is no such a thing as human, world birth, death vsvs, will you get it? 

No I won't get it because it contradicts direct experience. 

These things you are denying are real. There is apparently birth and death and life between the two. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Before you were born? This is half the issue. You’ve tricked yourself that there was a before you were born. There wasn’t. The whole thing is made up. And it’s soooo difficult to accept that you don’t believe it. Hence why you are here believing it. I am the same. If I truly and utterly dropped it, I wouldn’t be here. But I am. So the answer to that is enlightenment. I can be me but enlightened. But even still, if I’m enlightened I’m still separate to some degree. You either give up the whole thing, and become completely God, completely infinite, or you stick about as a limited being. You have to give yourself up to truly become yourself. It’s sounds so painful but it’s absolute beauty. The true and absolute realisation of what you are. I’ve been in these states, but I won’t lie I can’t stay in those states. Death is the release of those limits. The limits are the limits, you move your arm, but in a limited way, your leg, it’s still limited. For god to do anything at all it has to limit itself. It can’t run if it’s infinite, so it will limit itself as usain bolt to run real fast. But consciousness knows what it’s doing, when it creates a usain bolt, or a you. It needs to compare itself against itself, it needs to take itself on. No ‘one’ is any better than another. Of course an ego will think it’s better, or worse, but it is actually the exact same thing. This is what Leo means. But people don’t get it. Neither do I fully. But I do know that I am Leo, and Leo is me, and every other human that has, does, and possibly could ever exist. Apologies @Leo Gura this will probably play into that adeptus blokes hands??‍♂️ But ya know, ya either get it, or ya don’t ??

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No I won't get it because it contradicts direct experience. 

These things you are denying are real. There is apparently birth and death and life between the two. 

Lol. You will see soon. Don’t worry. Just surrender. 

Peace

10 hours ago, Someone here said:

Or am I going to pop up out of nowhere again  mysteriously just like my previous birth?  And why do I find myself anxious about both possibilities? 

Find the "I" that's here right now if you can!  

Yes there is a mind and a physical body which arises and falls away as a temporary form, within all the other forms of existence (the continued existence of this bodily form actually requires death of many others to keep it going). But the "I" is the illusory phantom which thinks it owns this human being. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Blackhawk how do you know? 

Intuition, logic, common sense.

"It will be just like before you were born" includes getting born.

“If you want to know the future, look at the past.”  - Albert Einstein

in theravada buddhism, when you die you are instantly reborn again a moment later. there are different realms; lower realms like asura, hell, ghost, animal realms. There is the human realm, then there are higher realms like devas and brahma realm.

Your last mind moment determines which realm you are born in. Your karma determines the "quality." For example, if you had much anger in your final mind moment, likely you will be reborn in the lower realms like animal realm. If your karma is good enough, you may get to live a life of comfort, like a house cat. If your karma is not so good, you may live as prey and in fear of your life. On the other hand, if you have enough good karma you can be born in the deva realms, the realms of sensual pleasure. Or if you die while in the Jhanas, you can be reborn in the Brahma realm, beings without gender who live for thousands of years.

If you develope Jhanas you can look back to previous lives and verify this for yourself. But whatever you do, try to fill your life with wholesome thoughts, words, and actions. Because when you dont have concentration, you cannot control where your mind wanders in your final moments. If it lands on some unwholesome thought or memory, then chances are your next life isnt going to be so peaceful.

15 hours ago, Someone here said:

Is it true that after you die.. It will be just like before you were born?

Have you forgotten your original state?

I can speak based on what I experienced with LSD and what Leo said in his "What is death?" video.

What you're saying is probably the most accurate outcome of life after death. Leo says it, forum users say it, other sources say it, and LSD showed me it.

It's completely lights out. No mind, no thoughts, no feelings, no attachments, no memories of life on earth, no human senses, no self. You cease to exist. One thing you're missing here though is that, with non-existence there's this state of pure bliss. Leo mentions this in the video, and it happened in my LSD trip as well. This is probably the best thing that ever happened to me, it was so peaceful that I actually wanted it to last for eternity. This is probably where the concept of heaven came from.

Another thing to add is that, in a way its similar to us as humans, being asleep. But when we're sleeping, we don't really know we're asleep. We sleep on our bed, have some dreams then a couple hours later we're awake in our human body. And so, from what I experienced in my trip, you have complete awareness, awareness of nothingness. As humans we're aware that we exist as humans, but through ego-death you're aware that you exist as nothing.

I wouldn't know if this lasts for eternity when we literally physically die and if we reincarnate into another living being but I would say there's nothing to fear if our memory of our current life is completely gone. Of course we don't have our current thoughts and feelings after we die, so there's no regret or wishing that we came back to life after we die lol, those thoughts don't exist anymore. Nothing is permanent.

People talk about being afraid of death because they have so much to live for but what does all that matter if the illusion of life just completely disappears as if it were just a human's dream? That's like a human in his dream saying he's afraid to wake up because he has so much left to do in his dream.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

20 hours ago, Someone here said:

The scientific approach to death is that when you die, the machinery that generates those memories of who you were, those ideas of who you might be, and your awareness of those thoughts and of the world currently around you now and how you feel about it, that machinery stops working. So those thoughts cease to be. Sadly, then, I fear that when you die, that is a permanent end to present awareness.

Is it true that after you die.. It will be just like before you were born? Completely lights out?  Or am I going to pop up out of nowhere again  mysteriously just like my previous birth?  And why do I find myself anxious about both possibilities? 

Notice how seeing is happening right now? Seeing is something appearing to awareness. Now hit a gong or something and hear sound while seeing sight. Two different things appearing to the same awareness... Your mind is also something appearing to awareness.

Your mind stops but awareness doesn't. You are all people. But you can't expect your mind to know or be aware of experiences you are having when it is not there to see them. Like how your eyes aren't aware of sound and your ears aren't aware of light.

8 hours ago, cetus said:

Have you forgotten your original state?

I only remember until about age 5 yo. I have no memory of anything before that. And I certainly don't remember what I was before birth. But I like to think of it as similar to the deep sleep state. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I only remember until about age 5 yo. I have no memory of anything before that. And I certainly don't remember what I was before birth. But I like to to think of it as similar to the deep sleep state. 

Deep sleep for what though? Feel an emotion or have a thought then let the thought or emotion leave and change into a different one. From the thought's perspective if it had one, it might be like "before I came there is eternal deep sleep and after I go away there is eternal deep sleep". We realize though that awareness exists in its absence and we are it.

The mind will go away but that's just a temporary appearance exactly as a thought or emotion is. Awareness will remain, and that's what you really are.

Edited by RMQualtrough

@RMQualtrough awareness will remain without content to be aware of? 

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

@RMQualtrough awareness will remain without content to be aware of? 

If it didn't remain then what do you think it is that's mourning at your funeral?

12 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

If it didn't remain then what do you think it is that's mourning at your funeral?

I don't understand your point 

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I don't understand your point 

I'm trying to understand your thoughts. But it seems you think for example, the consciousness in your family crying at your funeral is not the same as the one you experience.

It's not a different consciousness,: "Same I different eyes" hehe. The same exact singular boundless awareness experiencing itself through different minds (not due to any desire or design IMO, but via a natural and necessary mechanism).

Your mind is one of the temporary things appearing to awareness. When it goes away, like when a thought goes away, you the true self awareness remains. You are not the mind. You are the awareness. The mind and all things are that awareness.

You see?

Edited by RMQualtrough

On 12.8.2021 at 3:07 PM, Someone here said:

The scientific approach to death is that when you die, the machinery that generates those memories of who you were, those ideas of who you might be, and your awareness of those thoughts and of the world currently around you now and how you feel about it, that machinery stops working. So those thoughts cease to be. Sadly, then, I fear that when you die, that is a permanent end to present awareness.

Is it true that after you die.. It will be just like before you were born? Completely lights out?  Or am I going to pop up out of nowhere again  mysteriously just like my previous birth?  And why do I find myself anxious about both possibilities? 

By asking questions like what is death, you will inevitably get some deductive statement of what it "must be like" based on experiential data and the usual vedantic epistemics underlying such assumption. 

I will let you in on something: Noone here knows exactly. 
If you study the great mystics and their "take" on death, none of it adds up.

I mean just look at it:
Krishnamurti takes the vedantic view, says there is no rebirth.
Sri Aurobindo, Yogananda, Sadghguru and many more claim to remember past lives - there is also a subtle body/"soul" that "looks" for a new body after death. There are even very accurate descriptions of how that work exactly.
Thomas Campbell has his own weird "theory" 
And so on...as long as it doesnt contradict non-dualism, its worth considering! 

Let the mystery stay the mystery. Consciousness is way more complex and mysterious than we are capeable of processing. 
You can get a gnostic sense of what it will be in peak states (i.e psychodelic states), but its impossible to take with you into this highly constrained meatsuit of ours. 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

I'm trying to understand your thoughts. But it seems you think for example, the consciousness in your family crying at your funeral is not the same as the one you experience.

It's not a different consciousness,: "Same I different eyes" hehe. The same exact singular boundless awareness experiencing itself through different minds (not due to any desire or design IMO, but via a natural and necessary mechanism).

Your mind is one of the temporary things appearing to awareness. When it goes away, like when a thought goes away, you the true self awareness remains. You are not the mind. You are the awareness. The mind and all things are that awareness.

You see?

So what do you mean by "awareness"?  Isn't it a byproduct of brain activity and being alive?  So when the body drops dead.. Awareness will go with it? 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

So what do you mean by "awareness"?  Isn't it a byproduct of brain activity and being alive?  So when the body drops dead.. Awareness will go with it? 

No, what appears to be a brain is experienced subjectively by that brain as a mind, which is the content of awareness: Sights, sounds, taste, thought, emotion, memory.

All content of your mind is experienced by the same awareness. All content of ALL minds is experienced by the same awareness. Shut off the mind and that particular limited self ends. The awareness which you are remains observing other minds etc as it always has.

Your awareness IS my awareness and IS the awareness of all experience that ever happens. You wrote this post on my mobile screen and you read it on your computer screen (or whatever). But your limited mind did not have that experience of writing on my mobile, just as your eyes do not experience sound and yet the same exact awareness observes both sight and sound.

The same thing that looks through my eyes right now is the same thing that looks through yours. One "I" experiencing many minds. That is termed as Brahman and is all things that are.