Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marcel

Are dreams connected to spirituality and self- actualization ?

16 posts in this topic

Do dreams have to do something with personal development, spirituality and self- actualization?

If so in what aspect, because most of the dreams i have tend to be pretty odd, people or places that i know in weird scenarios, but i also have one that recurred in the past a couple of times. I was in a small cabin and was being hunted by several killers, like a special force, specifically designated to take me out, i would always wake up when they spotted me and broke into the cabin, what  does this mean? How on earth should i interpret that?

I did have a dream journal at some point and remembered more and more of my dreams , sooner or later remembering a dream every night after waking up in the morning, and all of them were super odd, so i stopped at some point, because it just totally confused and freaked me out to some degree.

Also, no i was not tripping balls, i have never taken any psychedelic substances or drugs in my life, and therefore definitely not before going to sleep.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

@Marcel Yes, your dreams can offer many insights that can assist you in your spiritual growth. One example is they can show you false and limiting beliefs you have accepted as truth about yourself, other people and the world. Once you have conscious awareness of these belief's, you can see that they are false and start to let them go. I would recommend continuing to keep your journal and learning to better interpret the symbology of what your dreams are showing you. 

@Matthew85

I agree, i should probably continue writing this journal, but maybe it was good to have made a break.

Now i can get back into this with a fresh and different perspective.

Also i just realised, that dream i mentioned, could this somehow be a depiction of ego-death?

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

Dreams are DMT trips, REM fast eye, fast breathing during night time, melatonin converts to DMT. Science says this. It makes sense. 

Singer

14™

11 hours ago, Marcel said:

If so in what aspect, because most of the dreams i have tend to be pretty odd, people or places that i know in weird scenarios, but i also have one that recurred in the past a couple of times. I was in a small cabin and was being hunted by several killers, like a special force, specifically designated to take me out, i would always wake up when they spotted me and broke into the cabin, what  does this mean? How on earth should i interpret that?

A cabin is a positive thing. It means you can accomplish the things you want. You can trust on yourself and be independant. These killers are probably your doubts/fears. Once you face them, they disappear.

Theory is dreams happen in the astral realm.

You don't have to stop using a dream journal. You're bringing some negative emotions to the surface through dreams, which you can deal with them one at a time. Take care of yourself with good nutrition and meditation.

19 hours ago, Marcel said:

Do dreams have to do something with personal development, spirituality and self- actualization?

Personal development, spirituality and self actualization are all mere aspects of the dream. There is no separation. You are dreaming up your entire existence.

I find that dreams can offer clues to me about my subconscious states--feelings, fears, situations in my life that bother me, etc. But they're usually not explicit.

For example, I used to (and still occasionally do) have dreams in which I was in a car by myself, ostensibly driving it, but I was always in the backseat for some reason. I came to notice I had those types of dreams more often when it felt like I wasn't in control of my own life, or I was letting other people make decisions for me.

Similarly, I have recurring dreams in which I'm moving through spaces and come to a point where my path is extremely narrow. Claustrophobic. So tight I can barely squeeze through. These tend to happen when I feel like some situation in my life is a hard problem to solve, making me feel anxious.

The most important thing is the FEELING you have during the dream. I've had dreams in which the content could be seen as "bad" but the emotions I felt were actually good. I've dreamed I died before and yet it was a peaceful experience--possibly having more to do with the death of a version of myself, or the death of a habit, or letting go of something else.

It's often SUPER hard to remember dreams if you don't write them down soon after waking, though. I don't do it often these days, but it's honestly a great self-reflective practice to think about what your dreams may represent. Some of my most vivid ones only made sense in hindsight.

Now, a whole 'nother topic is LUCID DREAMING, which is so FUN to cultivate, if you're into being that goal-oriented about your dreaming life :D

@Leo Gura

Just what i needed, it now makes sense, i had these dreams in a cabin in times of great insecurity or stress, i guess i can start to draw my conclusions from there, thank you very much.

@Marcel Look into lucid dreaming and dream yoga. Dream yoga is a powerful spiritual practice. I'm surprised Leo has not spoken about it.

@herghly

I actually was somewhat lucid in these recurring dreams, i was aware that it was a dream, but i could not change what was happening, it was like i was watching TV from a first person perspective, being directly in the movie with no way to change it.

I will look into dream yoga, thank you for the suggestion.

Edited by Marcel

Lucid dreaming is literally a secret door into the deepest parts of your mind. You can talk to characters, manifest doors into memories and do all sorts of things. If you become lucid try talking to the guys hunting you. They are manifestations of some part of your being. They could for example be manifestations of your fears. Your mind is basically a bunch of fragmented parts that all communicate with each other, each with their own needs and desires. Ask these hunters why they are hunting you, what they need and what they desire, what would make them happy. Depending on how lucid you are (you can also be lucid without being able to control the dream at all as you've mentioned) you can find out interesting things about yourself. If you're not too lucid they'll just talk a bunch of non-sense.

Also don't run from them or try to harm them, that's just a way of rejecting the emotions that they represent. Actually show them some love. Hug them and tell them nice things, they are YOU after all!

This is just a SMAAAL slice of what you can do with dreams. Dreams can be like literal cheat codes. They can show and teach you sooo many different things. You just have to know HOW to interpret them. Your ego can easily jump in between your interpretation and the actual meaning.

Dreams are all about feelings. Even a boring wall has some kind of vibe within a dream. You can feel into objects and places and people and start to understand what they mean, not through thinking, but through feeling, Sometimes I have dreams where I just sit in a train and stare out of the window. I know what these dreams represent me feeling like I am missing out on life and like my life is passing by me while I'm just sitting there and doing nothing. I know that not through thinking, but because that's what these dreams make me feel. So if it FEELS like it has to do with ego death, then yeah, but is it a feeling or just a thought?  

beep boop

This is not about lucid dreaming, but the information in this video can be applied to it.

This lecture is also great. He talks about how lucid dreaming can help with trauma and PTSD, but also a little about its spiritual aspects.

beep boop

@DefinitelyNotARobot

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Dreams are all about feelings. Even a boring wall has some kind of vibe within a dream. You can feel into objects and places and people and start to understand what they mean, not through thinking, but through feeling, Sometimes I have dreams where I just sit in a train and stare out of the window. I know what these dreams represent me feeling like I am missing out on life and like my life is passing by me while I'm just sitting there and doing nothing. I know that not through thinking, but because that's what these dreams make me feel. So if it FEELS like it has to do with ego death, then yeah, but is it a feeling or just a thought?  

Ahh i see now, that is what is was missing, im usually overly rational and in my head most of the time, actually feeling my emotions is still a pretty big challenge for me. Of course these dreams did not make any sense to me then, when i tried to dissect them in a rational, analytic fashion.

Also, thank you for the videos, i will watch them when i have time.

I've analyzed hundreds of my dreams. It's a window showing hidden parts of yourself, deeply rooted desires & fears for example, which you have not integrated or become conscious of. You can use dreams to do shadow work & uncover limiting beliefs/worldviews. Read up on lucid dreaming if you want to get the most from it.

Edited by Logan

1 hour ago, Logan said:

I've analyzed hundreds of my dreams. It's a window showing hidden parts of yourself, deeply rooted desires & fears for example, which you have not integrated or become conscious of. You can use dreams to do shadow work & uncover limiting beliefs/worldviews. Read up on lucid dreaming if you want to get the most from it.

Will do, this sounds like an unbelievably powerful tool for self-actualization.