Noahsteelers34

I just dropped out of college. Lets talk about alternatives

53 posts in this topic

Your debt won’t matter much if you come out with a high-paying job. I wouldn’t take on debt unless I saw myself on track to a high-paying, secure job.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

@Bob Seeker

Yeah this is the common trap with college degrees

Going to college with like a communications major and then coming out struggling to find a job is the trap 

Edited by Jacob Morres

@Noahsteelers34  Glad you reconsidered it, one thing you got going for you is that you have balls, your only a freshman so i suggest you don't take your career as serious this year, take this time to come out of your shell date new girls, join clubs, party and have fun. Also take the time to network with other people who have the job your looking to get. If your dorming you shouldn't be in your room unless your sleeping, doing hw or having sex. Go out talk to people and network.

One tip I'll give you for professional networking is use your teachers to connect you to a few professionals and send cold email to them leveraging your school email account. Your much more likely to get a response and you can use this to get a deeper understanding of whatever field you plan on going into.

There are so many things you can do to extract the value colleges are charging. When I graduated from college I was at around 6k in debt and had multiple high paying job offers to choose from. This took tremendous amount of effort and refusing to be passive about my college experience. College is not a scam if your creative and take your growth serious. 

Dm me if you have any other questions about college I personally loved the experience and believed I got my moneys worth. 

One thing is if you become an RA you can possibly get free housing. It was like that at my college.

You will prob need to wait til sophomore year to do that

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Plus it's like, you have actualized teachings, you are going into engineering, you are young the future it still open... You life is going to be amazing. My biggest trap at that age was not seeing how much will happen in a course of 5 years.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Make a dreamboard. Get all the juice of wanted outta this whole experience. You quit college initially, with a lot of unwanted in mind. Write it all in detail on a sheet of paper, then write the opposites in detail, what you do want, on your dreamboard. “Figuring” it all out is just one way. Writing what you want, not “figuring it out”, and just enjoying the inspiration & watching it appear is also one way. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm  That's a good point, focusing on what I do want as opposed to what I don't want. Even though I've heard that before I still fall into that same trap over and over again.

@Noahsteelers34 Hi!

4 hours ago, Noahsteelers34 said:

@sda

I'm still figuring it out. I want to invent things that help society.

Linking to useful resources for non-commercial purposes

This book bundle, maybe can give some helpful inputs to make your decision.

This is an Charity site, various bundles for very very low price. Charity site's main page www.humblebundle.com

Engineering and Physics - Book Bundle

Study the world, then change it

How well do you know your world? How much influence do you have on it?

Do you know how particles work, or how flight is even possible?

If you want to transform your understanding of physics, and apply it to engineering and help change the world, pick up our new book bundle, courtesy of Mercury Learning.

Discover e-books like Foundations of Physics, Optics, 3D Printing, and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, and change the world with your newfound knowledge!

Plus, your purchase helps support Whale and Dolphin Conservation & a charity of your choice!

Direct link to this specific bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/engineering-physics-mercury-books?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_2_layout_type_threes_tile_index_2_c_engineeringandphysicsbymercury_bookbundle