Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soulife96

Frequency of psychedelics?

13 posts in this topic

Using psychedelics: with what frequency is it most effective for spiritual development? I know there is such thing as too often, but is there a "too rarely"? 

I also know that it probably depends on the person and stage but would you say that once or twice a year is too infrequently? I feel as if I really try to get the most reflection and "mental digestion" out of the trip and therefore wait 6 months or more. Any recommendations? Experiences? 

There is no such thing as too rarely. Don’t rush with psychedelics. The moment you decide to start your psychedelics journey. Even if you do it very rarely. You’ll rush your spiritual journey compared to those who don’t do psychedelics. There are no rules to say but to be safe I would say 2weeks minimum between each trips. And if you do it every two weeks for 2/3months don’t hesitate to make a 3month/6month without any psychedelics if you feel your mind is eroding. Watch out for that. If yo are more neurotic on your every day life. You feel ego backlashes. Shadow from your childhood that pop up, it is the sign you need to chill out on psychedelics for a while.

3 minutes ago, Soulife96 said:

I know there is such thing as too often, but is there a "too rarely"? 

I don't think that you can generalize it in that way. As you already mentioned, it totally depends on who is taking the psychedelic.

5 minutes ago, Soulife96 said:

Any recommendations? Experiences? 

I'd say that depends on why you take the psychedelic.

Leo's 30-day 5-MeO-DMT retreat has a very different purpose, as opposed to someone who takes a psychedelic to treat trauma.

7 minutes ago, Soulife96 said:

I feel as if I really try to get the most reflection and "mental digestion" out of the trip and therefore wait 6 months or more.

I think so, too. Generally speaking (though it always depends), taking a psychedelic and integrating what is experienced should be in balance. Perhaps focusing more on integrating, than on taking a psychedelic.

Though, of course, integration and taking a psychedelic heavily influence each other too. For example, taking a psychedelic could help you with integrating a previous psychedelic experience.

8 minutes ago, Ilan said:

There is no such thing as too rarely. Don’t rush with psychedelics. The moment you decide to start your psychedelics journey. Even if you do it very rarely. You’ll rush your spiritual journey compared to those who don’t do psychedelics. There are no rules to say but to be safe I would say 2weeks minimum between each trips. And if you do it every two weeks for 2/3months don’t hesitate to make a 3month/6month without any psychedelics if you feel your mind is eroding. Watch out for that. If yo are more neurotic on your every day life. You feel ego backlashes. Shadow from your childhood that pop up, it is the sign you need to chill out on psychedelics for a while.

Hmm well I definitely don't have a problem of overusing but I sometimes hesitate and wonder if I take too long between trips cause I feel as if I over interpret it and my memory of the experience gets very vague. I've never taken two trips with a lesser interval than 6 months. 

Thank you :)

12 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

I'd say that depends on why you take the psychedelic.

Definitely. My concern sometimes is if there's a reason cause it's difficult to know if it's possible to "run out of insights" that can be induced by psychedelics. 

Just now, Soulife96 said:

My concern sometimes is if there's a reason cause it's difficult to know if it's possible to "run out of insights" that can be induced by psychedelics. 

I don't know. If there should be such a point, I think it would take a loooooong time before you run out of insights. xD

Just now, EmptyVase said:

I don't know. If there should be such a point, I think it would take a loooooong time before you run out of insights. xD

Hahaha that does sound about right ? I mean I've taken about 10 trips in my life so you're probably right in my case ?

44 minutes ago, Soulife96 said:

once or twice a year is too infrequently?

Yes, too infrequently if you're interested in serious growth.

That's like reading a book once or twice a year. It's okay, but it's not serious work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think you should take them as frequently as you can manage, at doses that you can handle, while also minding your tolerance and taking the time to integrate. How long that is will vary from person to person and between different psychedelics.

I do think it varies from person to person. Personally I tend to go through phases. Over a period of 5-6 months I’d trip deeply once every 3 weeks or so. Then I’d find myself taking a break of 5-6 months to truly try and integrate my discoveries and realisations. When doing them more frequently I use the few weeks in between to integrate for sure, but can find myself awakening to many different facets which I then feel it necessary to take a bit of an extended break to really think through everything and try to put together the different aspects of realisations and sift through any potential delusions I may be encountering from my baseline state once the ego mind is fully back in the game. But this happens pretty automatically in the sense I can’t seem to go 10 minutes without somehow thinking about consciousness and reality and trying to understand just exactly what’s going on. But I can be a little counter productive at times as when the ego hasn’t been broken down for a stretch of 5-6 months I can sense it sometimes trying to co opt some of my realisations. As my meditation skills are far from great it’s difficult to make much progress through meditation on my breaks from psychedelics, even though during an awakening I can understand clearly how I should meditate, it still becomes more difficult again once back to baseline. Currently been about 6 months or so I think 5 or 6 something like that, and am ready to go more regularly again and deepen my understandings and get the ball rolling again. Not at all am I saying this is the way it should be done, but it’s been a comfortable way for me to approach it where it doesn’t interfere too much with my survival needs and my day to day working life. But the aim is to go all the way, right to the very heart for total understanding of the myself and the universe, same thing actually but I want to know it all. At 38 I’ve time on my side though so I’m pretty happy with my progress so far. I feel a very stable type character so obviously I understand my ways wouldn’t be for everyone. Would be too much for some and too little for others. So yea I don’t think there’s one right way. Whatever works for each individual and it’s up to the individual to work out for themselves in a sensible manner what works for them without sending them over the edge

@Leo Gura Thank you. That is helpful to know. I think I tend to worry a lot about physical health and that sometimes inhibits me from evolving psychologically and personally.