Marcel

Completely new to psychedelics

14 posts in this topic

I have been following Leos content for a while now, do daily meditation, breathing exercises and write a journal here and there whenever my brain is really cooking.

Now, there is one technique that i have not touched yet, which is psychedelics, and since they are always recommended as the number one way to increase consciousness, i would not want to miss out on that in the future.

My first problem is, i have no clue where to get them, i know that it is not allowed to discuss the sourcing of these substances on here, ( at least as far i understand the guidelines ) so i wont ask, but i still need to figure that part out for myself.

Then, lets say i have figured out a way to get them from a reliable source, what is the most beginner friendly psychedelic substance?

I want to do this whole thing with the upmost safety and effectiveness, so even when i have the right substance and dosage i still need to properly prepare the setting, set aside an appropriate amount of time etc.

I don´t know much, except the information i got out of a couple of Leos videos.

So any advice regarding the substances and how they function, on to how to properly take them in the right setting are appreciated.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

Remember those who truly seek will find. Why don’t you google ayahuasca retreats, I am sure they have in USA. Keep in mind under tribal law they are allowed. Once you will get your foot there, you will get deep, trust me. But for sure, if you have not tried them, you are missing a lot, I would say as of now you probably know 5% of this universe, once tried it will open door to many dimensions, and I am not speaking in figurative sense here.

The most beginner friendly psychedelic is probably mushrooms as long as you're starting with moderate doses (1-2 grams). It's got a long enough duration (4-6 hours) that you have plenty of time to explore the state of mind, but not so long that you get sick of it. The "natural" aspect of it also makes it much easier to be confident that you're not getting scammed with fake LSD tabs or something.

Regardless of what you choose always start with small doses and scale up until you have a sense of how your body interacts with the chemical. Always leave at least a week or two (or more) between significant experiences both for tolerance and for time to integrate your experience. Though if you're microdosing you can take it more frequently (2-4 times a week usually is typical for microdosing).

@Gennadiy1981

Sounds good, just gotta get to America then, im located in Germany, so lets see when i´ll be able to go for it, after enough studying, planing and having a proper framework to work with.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

4 hours ago, eggopm3 said:

The most beginner friendly psychedelic is probably mushrooms as long as you're starting with moderate doses (1-2 grams). It's got a long enough duration (4-6 hours) that you have plenty of time to explore the state of mind, but not so long that you get sick of it. The "natural" aspect of it also makes it much easier to be confident that you're not getting scammed with fake LSD tabs or something.

Regardless of what you choose always start with small doses and scale up until you have a sense of how your body interacts with the chemical. Always leave at least a week or two (or more) between significant experiences both for tolerance and for time to integrate your experience. Though if you're microdosing you can take it more frequently (2-4 times a week usually is typical for microdosing).

One of my biggest fears is having bad substances, i guess the issue of overdosing is not an issue at all, if i am extra careful with the dosage that i use and slowly build it up and take long enough brakes.

I suppose my first step is mushrooms then, now i have to do the proper research, thank you very much for the input.

13 hours ago, Marcel said:

@Gennadiy1981

Sounds good, just gotta get to America then, im located in Germany, so lets see when i´ll be able to go for it, after enough studying, planing and having a proper framework to work with.

According to wikipedia, psylocibin mushrooms are somewhat legal in Austria - you might want to explore that !

Truffles are also fully legal in the Netherlands !

Edited by Flint

Any psychedelic is okay if you start with low dosages. Make sure you have the purest one confirmed by you. LSD is what I can suggest as it is easy accessable but TEST it with reagents like Erlich's 

Start with 50ug and get tabs that are 100 or 105ug each.

Here how I recommend

Once you done your 50ug, you'll know how sensitive you are LSD or psychedelics in general. If you're sensitive like me, 100ug is enough for ego death and breakthrough. After a couple of 100s, you can do 200ug which you'll know wheather to do or not

@Marcel I'm not a rookie but her's my advice: regarding substance and dose I would go with LSD as you have tighter control on the dosage and this is an invaluable aspect. (for example, shrooms change psilocybin concentration a lot from sample to sample). I would go, for the first trip, 50 or 75ug at most so you just get a feel for the substance. 100ug (or more, obviously) can definitely become overwhelming (and even terrifying) on the first trip. Testing the sample with a reagent kit to make sure your drugs are not laced is a MUST. This (apart from keeping you out of  the ER) will give you most needed peace of mind during the trip. Also, as the saying goes, if it's bitter it's a spitter. Also, LSD is easier to get compared to some other substances like 2C-B, I imagine.

Regarding sourcing (sorry if this is prohibited , let me know and ill edit it out), just talk jokingly about drugs or psychedelics around your group of friends and you'll be able to flush out a couple of friends who might help in this regard.

Make sure theres no one who might make the trip uncomfortable. I would do it alone, maybe have a trip sitter in another room just so you feel you have someone to go to if you start to get all panicky. This person has to be of astronomical trustworthiness. And tell them not to record you.

Its kind of a controversial theme around here but you can also have a trip killer (usually benzodiazepines), like valium. I don't know the details on this so research it yourself (also research everything else yourself for your own safety). This won't literally terminate the effects but it will make you very calm and very difficult to bad trip.

A note on the effects: There are mostly audiovisual distortions/effects. It's hard to get full blown hallucinations. On the mental/psychological side, your feelings will become extremely unstable. They swing up and down. Imagine you've got a balance and all you've got are 1 ton weights. It'll aggressively swing to either side. Simple things such as a message popping up in your phone or a loud unexpected noise can temporarily send you into a very good mood or to the opposite side. Downwards spirals and upwards spirals. Expect it ti be a little heavy on the body, meaning you might feel dizzy, weak, tired etc during and after the trip. 

Also, you might feel the need to make your first trip super spiritual and deep and keep it strictly productive but I would say to just have a couple things to do (music, drawing, toys, food, etc) just to keep your self from overthinking stuff and going into thought loops and just have some fun, take the substance for a ride, but do not do dangerous activities, like cooking or driving (this is a must). Have food prepared just to microwave. Also stay away from psychologic dangers like horror movies, negative news, talking to people on the phone etc.

A note on avoiding physical dangers and bad trips: Do not handle dangerous equipment like knives, power tools or cars, etc. Do not fall asleep facing upwards as you can vomit and drown (psychedelics can be quite dizzying at times). You probably won't feel the urge to do reckless things unlike alcohol. If you start to feel paranoid, overly stressed, or panic distract your self to get out of that mindset. Change music, the color of the lights, swap rooms, go eat something, etc. Many people here will say you have to embrace the bad trip but I say it is not worth it, at least not on your first few trips. There are gentler ways to learn the same lesson. But if indeed you find your self deep into a bad trip and can't shake it off, you might as well try to understand and accept whatever it brings. Taking the substance early in the morning brings a more relaxed more natural comedown and a gentler feel. Tripping at night can be too much, specially for beginners.

Study the timeline of the effects and start a timer upon ingestion so you have an idea of what to expect regarding intensity according to your timer. Officially LSD lasts for 12hs but you much still feel quite under the effects well into the 14-15hs mark. Take some 3-4 weeks at least to try it again. and on the day of the trip and the next one or two days be sure to have a clear schedule.

And finally, listen to Leo's Top Psychedelic Dangers video (its a recent one), use a testing kit, take a dose lower than "beginner's dose" and don't be cocky. Treat the substance with the upmost respect because just like a car, just like a stove, just like a power tool (all invaluable tools) they can fuck you up if played with. 

And don't do anything illegal. I'm not responsible for  your actions or their consequences.

Edited by Alfonsoo

8 hours ago, Flint said:

According to wikipedia, psylocibin mushrooms are somewhat legal in Austria - you might want to explore that !

Truffles are also fully legal in the Netherlands !

Thanks for the tip, i´ll look into that. 

@Alfonsoo

I certainly still need to do a lot of research, there is no need to rush this process i suppose, i´d rather be completely overprepared and do it safely then do anything out of pure impatience. I did not yet think about having something to do while tripping , that is a wonderful idea, i´ll definitely keep your suggestions in mind. As Leo said in the video you posted, i already watched it this week, " most dangers can be mitigated or completely avoided by common sense", so as long as i don´t act in any reckless manner while on these substances and having someone trustworthy around, tripping in the right setting, after having done the proper preperations, everything should be good. Well except that the substance might have some fun with me, but i guess i´ll have to see about that when it actually happens, with the first low low below beginner dose.

It seems i still have a lot do.

Thank you for the detailed answer.

P.S Discussing sourcing is not allowed, as far as i  understand the guidelines at least, so you should probably edit it out just to be sure, but thanks for the tip, i appreciate it.

@Marcel Also, remember to buy enough of whatever you go for so you’ve got a portion for testing on (reagents testing kit), another portion for the test drive trip (that first low dose trip I talked about) and some more for the full blown trip if that’s what you want. Plus, if you want to trip again in the future you won’t have to go through the trouble of sourcing it again. Just make sure to store it appropriately.

Aaaand it really helps to meditate a bit and empty out your thoughts into a piece of paper before (specially) and after the trip. That’s all. Be responsible, but have fun!

@Alfonsoo

That is a good point, buying things in bulk seems like a good idea, still need to figure out how to properly and safely store these things once i have them then  as well.

Also meditating sounds like a great preparation to create the right atmosphere and  to once more focus on the intent for the trip, if i recall correctly, Leo also mentioned that intention is the most important thing when tripping.

@Marcel

I have done psychedelics before. It doesn't work for everyone. 

Given your state, I wouldn't recommend it. 

Stick to meditating and spiritual practices. First ground yourself. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

@Marcel

I have done psychedelics before. It doesn't work for everyone. 

Given your state, I wouldn't recommend it. 

Stick to meditating and spiritual practices. First ground yourself. 

For sure. I completely agree with that.

Im way to unstable and not in control from time to time, this could really throw me of track right now.

I need to become whole and stable first.