Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asifarahim

Napoleon hill is a con man

17 posts in this topic

View this video.

I also read article about his con artistry but forgot the adress.

I am not so interested on whether Napoleon Hill is a fraud but I did a check on his life. before.

Napoleon Hill was born in 1883 (around 100 years before you)

Year 1925 at age 42, he published his first famous book series The Law of Success.

Year 1937 at age 54, he published his most famous book Think and Grow Rich. 

He continued to give speeches at age 60+ and 70+. Maybe 80+ age too.

He passed away at age 87 in Year 1970.

Edited by hyruga

@asifarahim Haven't watched the video yet, but think and grow rich has really good information in it. It's practical and obvious stuff once you read it. Using his book I've achieved a lot of interesting and profound success in my music career. The principles he teaches are useful.

I personally enjoyed the book. There is really good information in it, but like anything I don't believe the whole thing aha

BUT, he has so much good wisdom! 

No, law of success pre-dates napolian hill.. Wallace wattles? Maybe even earlier.

Think and Grow Rich still a great book.  The book talks a lot more than law of attraction, or its all about mindset. The book has knowledge that is useful.

From the sounds of it he was a liar and a con much throughout his life. But, think and grow rich has lots of good information. Man , reality is so complex and confusing. 

No no no, think and grow does not say "Just think about it and be wishful" It's got really good practical mindset, and practical principles I've used for success. 

I don't know the kind of life he lived prior to writing it, but, for those who have read it it goes well beyond magical thinking. He lays out strong principles of training your mind, how to be a good leader of integrity and how to create mastermind groups. He also lays out an old school way of creating resume and cover letter which is still relavant today. 

His work helped me score my last dream job.

I like Coffee zilla, but uh, I need to learn more. The book is great regardless. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I suppose making a distinction between wisdom and knowledge vs. The source and the integrity, character, and quality of that source. 

Like he may have been a ruthless con man, yet the stuff he wrote about could still be great wisdom.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 yeah napoleon hills book surely contains wisdom.but they got outdated as it is 1930s technology.

Napoleon Hill probably did a few bad things in his younger days. Then, he repented and decided to spread his wisdom.

@hyruga napoleon hill was a bad guy all his life.2 years ago i read an article describing all his con artistry with a time stamp.

Regardless his book contains some wisdom

16 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

@Thought Art @Thought Art did u use only think and grow rich to get your job.using only think and grow rich to get success is neurotic

No, not only that resource.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of his con stuff was done earlier in life. 

The books has good leadership principles and teaches high integrity so, he learned something over the years. 

@asifarahim Can you be honest with me? Have you read the whole book to make that claim?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

@asifarahim Can you be honest with me? Have you read the whole book to make that claim?

@hyruga i eat breath lived in his 2 books for some time.his book laws of success is better and more good than think and grow rich.think and grow rich is a watered down version of laws of success.

But now u do not need that book.modern days self help books are better 

Edited by asifarahim

The New Thought Movement existed decades before Napoleon Hill write any book.

All his principles were widely written about in the New Thought Movement. 

He probably just copy all his "teachings" from teachers before him and made up some bullshit backstory to cover up.

To be fair, his books are not wrong, just ignore the backstory.

Focus on using books to grow yourself, not to get distracted by scandals and such.

The wisdom in the book is gold regardless and you would be a fool to ignore it.

Be ware the trap of being so cynical that you're left going nowhere.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Most successful people, or those at the top of hierarchies all have some really bad skeletons in the closest in order to have gotten where they are. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

Just focus on what you can learn from them and discard the rest.

Try not to idolize people, you'll eventually become disappointed. Never "meet your hero's" so to speak.

Become your OWN hero.

hrhrhtewgfegege

A con man understands more about the human mind than a psychologist burdened with useless theories.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Probably but I've personally used his principles to achieve success in my first business. They can be wildly useful. (particularly the burn the boats concept) 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Hill's other books were great too because he kept refining them till his death in 1970. Check goodreads and you can see very high ratings for his other books.

28 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Hill's other books were great too because he kept refining them till his death in 1970. 

Hills book laws of success is better than think and grow rich. his certain other books has him making outragious claims like american president consulting him for war matters etc