Terell Kirby

Finding social circles roughly at Stage Yellow

24 posts in this topic

Spiral Dynamics:

Where can you find Yellow people? Most of my friends/associations fall in the Orange/Green realm (I have some at Blue and Red but we don’t hangout often...especially Red lol).

I know one person roughly at stage yellow, very multi-perspectival, academic and non judgmental (even towards the most ignorant and low conscious elements of existence).

As I move up the Spiral, I would like to find more Yellow to socialize with (digitally and non-digitally).

@Terell Kirby

Yellow is going to be tough to fine en masse.

Green is more realistic. 

Keep moving up the spiral and you’ll naturally tend to attract people at the same level as yourself.

Yeah yellow is quite a lone wolf, doesn’t hang out in cliques much and rather rare.

Idk what age group you are looking for but they tend to be older people also because young stage yellow is very rare.

sometimes university professors (philosophy and theology department is probably best bet for finding one) can be a good bet or independent philosophers and researchers maybe.

some physchologists or coaches can be.

Maybe libraries, book stores or if there is an event or seminar where the topic is something interesting to stage yellow people, maybe even a quirky topic.

I’d put my own center of gravity at high stage orange, low stage green, even though I’ve been following actualized for years.

if young people have yellow it is usually mostly just their cognition being somewhat yellow, not even fully in most cases.

If you really want to dive into Yellow then don’t be afraid to be a lone wolf and have more occasional interactions with yellow people. If you want to have a fun social life, green will get the job done s as long as they are pretty mature, not this sort of phony college student stage green where blue and orange are demonized.

I actually walked into MIT, climbed the ivory tower looking for Chomsky, but when I got to his office, they told me he moved to University of Arizona. ?

NOOOOOAAAAAAAAMM!!!

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

@Terell Kirby If 1% of the world population is at Yellow then of course they'll be difficult to find, especially if for the most part they tend to isolate themselves at home.

You most likely won't find them in person at an event, club, or other sort of group setting, but I did find an old thread where Leo says, "Green or yellow friends you can find at university, meditation/consciousness retreats, seminars/workshops, etc." Which makes sense.

I'm sure a handful of people here on these forums are at or almost at Yellow, and are looking for like-minded individuals so you can interact with them here, but it seems like you're already doing so.

To find Yellow friends in person to hang out with is the difficult part, but all it takes is getting out there and socialize.

I myself would like some like-minded friends but I don't bother going out to socialize. I'm at a point where I'd rather just be alone than have friends who don't share the same ideas or interests as me, because to be honest I don't really need friends. My last 3 friendships I easily threw away because we just didn't share the same level of thinking, (plus they were toxic)  and now I basically have 0 friends which is completely fine with me, I love solitude. 

At Tier 2 I believe that there's no need for friends, but rather friends are more of just an optional addition to your life.

Just keep digging, maybe you'll strike gold or diamond, and make sure to dig in the right spots.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, aurum said:

@Terell Kirby

Keep moving up the spiral and you’ll naturally tend to attract people at the same level as yourself.

That’s the plan. I’m majority Green these days, it was quite tough transitioning from Orange, so I can only imagine how difficult it is to find Yellow. But you are totally right, I notice that whatever value systems shape our identity, we manifest those in the form of relationships and social opportunities.

1 hour ago, Bob Seeker said:

Idk what age group you are looking for but they tend to be older people also because young stage yellow is very rare.

I’m 30! And yes you’re spot on, most Yellow people tend to be seniors lol. That amount of life experience counts for something...when used the right way of course (I know plenty old folks at the lower stages).

1 hour ago, Bob Seeker said:

If you really want to dive into Yellow then don’t be afraid to be a lone wolf and have more occasional interactions with yellow people.

Yea the lone wolf aspect is important. Since Yellow is individualist and goes away from the collective Green mindset, I’m wondering how Yellow people would even meet lol. If I had to guess it would be through some academic or creative work. 

49 minutes ago, 7thLetter said:

At Tier 2 I believe that there's no need for friends, but rather friends are more of just an optional addition to your life.

So true. My hiccup is thinking there’s something off with me wanting to be alone most of the time, but that’s just social conditioning 

On 8/10/2021 at 0:53 AM, Terell Kirby said:

Yea the lone wolf aspect is important. Since Yellow is individualist and goes away from the collective Green mindset, I’m wondering how Yellow people would even meet lol. If I had to guess it would be through some academic or creative work. 

@Terell Kirby This is conflating a quality associated with Yellow with the actual lived experience of a Yellow individual. In general, Yellow people aren't "lone wolves" that don't socialize and have no need for friends. Yellow is still human, and if anything there is greater appreciation and awareness for the value of social circles, close friends, intimate relationships, and concepts like "emergence" that come through group containers and practices. 

I recommend checking out Rebel Wisdom and taking some of their online courses, where you can meet other Yellow-leaning people on Zoom. Also Emergent Commons is a new Mighty Networks page with lots of Yellow thinkers as well as GameB. Many on these sites are actually Orange/Green with cognitive abilities that reach Yellow, but are not fully embodied at Yellow, but hey, at least it's a start in the right direction. 

Wishing you luck on your journey! 

@7thLetter how are u being comfortable with not talking to anyone for many months.i am surrounded by toxic ,cancerous,fake,snakes  who want my wisdom.i would kill for being happy alone having no interaction but i cant do it.

23 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

.i am surrounded by toxic ,cancerous,fake,snakes  who want my wisdom.i would kill for being happy alone having no interaction but i cant do it.

Can you blame us? Your wisdom is just so brilliant that we cancerous, fake snakes just can't help but to be attracted!

Every word you write is dripping with golden wisdom! GIVE ME YOUR WISDOM! 

24 minutes ago, CultivateLove said:

Can you blame us? Your wisdom is just so brilliant that we cancerous, fake snakes just can't help but to be attracted!

I mean my real life.the life i have to live everyday.the life i have to live when i go off this forum.the people surrounding me are snakes.has high stage red and orange in them.

I find this forum to be my home.a group of like minded people.i dont have to be something else here to not offend anyone.if only the socailisation here was enough to cure loneliness

Edited by asifarahim

2 hours ago, asifarahim said:

@7thLetter how are u being comfortable with not talking to anyone for many months.i am surrounded by toxic ,cancerous,fake,snakes  who want my wisdom.i would kill for being happy alone having no interaction but i cant do it.

I'm not going to say I don't talk to anyone at all, I still live with my parents & siblings who I interact with, but I don't socialize with anyone else outside of that. I've had friends but I'm quick to let friendships go if I feel that they're disrespecting me in a toxic way, I have a low tolerance for people's bs. I'd rather have no friends than have bad company around.

I think what it is, is that I've already built that comfort of being alone during elementary & highschool. Naturally I've always gravitated towards hanging out by myself during lunch time, so being alone isn't anything new to me.

And I've certainly had many friendships, I'm not someone who can't make friends. I've had a handful of great friendships and a handful of toxic friendships. I've dealt with so many people's BS that I'd rather not deal with it again so there's no need for me to befriend the next person I meet. I've created new standards for myself for who I choose to spend my time with.

In your situation, the simplest thing for me to say is to move out or cut them off. I don't know if you have to interact with them because they live with you or they work with you but that's what I would do.

When we grow as individuals, we create new standards for ourselves which lead us to automatically reject certain things that don't meet those standards. This applies to relationships, this applies to the information we take in, it applies to food that we eat whether its good for our diet or not, and so on and so on.

Create some new standards for yourself. 

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I have the opposite situation. I'm surrounded by the most amazing, caring, connected, creative, loving people you could imagine, and they adore me and want me to be around, but I lost the desire to socialize years ago. I tend to like being alone, and not having to deal with the complexities of human interactions. Alone, I can just be. 

I think I found a random Yellow person today (either that, or my mind is just starved from talking to intuitives). We talked for an hour about metaphysics, epistemology, holism, collectivist vs. individualist societies, ideological lenses, integrating different perspectives, trauma, Freud, Jung, Plato, cognitive theory, karma, personal relationships, the relativity of perspectives, Eastern vs. Western religions, theology vs. mysticism, near-death experiences, psychedelics.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Aim at where Green is at. You may find some yellow ones. There aren't many, and probably they aren't easily available as a group.