johnlocke18

Leo, you’re denying criticisms that are true?

265 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, wildflower said:

If we are being honest Leo in a lot of videos adds to it this insinuation of attainments, that end up confusing and contradicting himself.

He will claim to have been conscious of things no other humans have, reached levels of conciousness that no one else has, and that the things he was conscious of, if you too become concious it will literally kill you, and end the whole of reality.

that is where he got delusional but he also stopped himself and quit the psychedelics.  Oneness is the case...thus he was never wrong. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I understand that is your interpretation of the situation and respect that. From what I have studied about Cults, Actualized isn't a Cult. It's a school or teaching and nothing shared here is anything new. It's information that is spread throughout many religions, cultures, etc. 

I agree that Actualized is not a cult and have said this many many times. There is a difference between a cult (like Scientology) and a cult of personality (like the fanatics around Donald Trump, even though Trump himself is not the leader of a cult).

Actualized is not a cult, but there is a cult of personality around Leo which results in groupthink, delusional thinking, and is in my opinion pretty ridiculous.

I make this distinction in the video, its even right there in the thumbnail. Again if you actually listen to the words then its not thst unreasonable.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

that is where he got delusional but he also stopped himself and quit the psychedelics.  Oneness is the case...thus he was never wrong. 

He can be 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@AdeptusPsychonautica He denied claiming to have powers at the beginning then just now told me “I experienced telepathy so what?” Literally anything you say to him he’ll deflect and come up with some justification for what he said. He says this isn’t about him but can’t take a single ounce of criticism. And if you noticed the moderators did the same thing. And then I threw them one of their teachings back and they shut up lol.And their last resort is always “You are imagining everything”.  I think they got this behavior from him. 

Edited by johnlocke18

Just now, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

I agree that Actualized is not a cult and have said this many many times. There is a difference between a cult (like Scientology) and a cult of personality (like the fanatics around Donald Trump, even though Trump himself is not the leader of a cult).

Actualized is not a cult, but there is a cult of personality around Leo which results in groupthink, delusional thinking, and is in my opinion pretty ridiculous.

I make this distinction in the video, its even right there in the thumbnail. Again if you actually listen to the words then its not thst unreasonable.

Yes, I see what you mean in some regards. However, in your video you made a case that it was actually a cult. You said something like "Just because so and so says scientology isn't a cult doesn't mean it isn't one"

So, Kindly again I have trouble telling if you are acting of full integrity here. 

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

He can be 

He can be wrong but does that really matter?  I have become completely omniscient as well and it was via meditation.  Does that make me better than him? No..it erases him.  But his teachings got me there.  We all stand on the shoulders of giants.  We leave ourselves breadcrumbs 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

i think some of you seriously need to read into what "cult" actually means. This is getting ridiculous.There's a guy on YT and his internet forum. That's it.

What bloody cult??

Only because there's a few people on a internet forum who can't think for themselves, that doesn't justify throwing cult accusations around. 

@AdeptusPsychonautica There's nothing wrong with pointing out dangerous or potentially harmful behavior - in fact, that's obviously a very good thing.

But the way you misinterpreted, misrepresented Actualized.org, Leo, the forum, the members and then went on to insult "the vast majority" of Actualized.org members as "fucking imbeciles"is just embarrassing and childish. 

Your video was mostly not a thoughtful critique, it was about "I'm right, you're wrong". I'll say it again, that's embarrassing and very childish. 

Your generalizations of the members of this forum are outlandish. There are many mature and wise people here and I'm sorry that you've been harassed by some member(s), but that doesn't justify the way you spoke about the members and Actualized. 

7 minutes ago, johnlocke18 said:

@AdeptusPsychonautica He denied claiming to have powers at the beginning then just now told me “I experienced telepathy so what?” Literally anything you say to him he’ll deflect and come up with some justification for what he said. He says this isn’t about him but can’t take a single ounce of criticism. And if you noticed the moderators did the same thing. And then I threw them one of their teachings back and they shut up lol 

There are different powers. He thought at one time he could heal his stomach problems, but could not.

I don't know Leo's mind. So, I can't speak for him. But I would like us to open up for more nuanced possibilities. 

You might not have healed yourself, but, you may have had some telepathic experiences. 

I think you can say, I was right about some things wrong about other things. Which again, in different contexts is a daily occurrence we all experience. Ever get 82% on an exam?

How is an exam even possible? How does anything exist at all? Who am I? What is consciousness?  (It's God, the truth playing with itself)

I've had prophetic dreams ever since I was a child. With a high degree of accuracy on things I never would have expected. Also, Qi is real, telepathy is real, seeing without eyes is also possible. You can move objects with your mind. I have done this and seen footage. It's normal among advanced Qigong practitioners. It's just not accepted in our culture yet. 

The same intelligence you are made of, holds planets and galaxies in place. Don't undersell what God can do.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

Yes, I see what you mean in some regards. However, in your video you made a case that it was actually a cult. You said something like "Just because so and so says scientology isn't a cult doesn't mean it isn't one"

So, Kindly again I have trouble telling if you are acting of full integrity here. 

The scientology example was to demonstrate that the person at the top of the pyramid tends to have a certain bias and lack of objectivity.

It was an analogy mate, its not that complicated.

Analogy

“a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

4 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

The scientology example was to demonstrate that the person at the top of the pyramid tends to have a certain bias and lack of objectivity.

It was an analogy mate, its not that complicated.

Analogy

“a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

Yeah, well I thought that meant that he wouldn't be able to see whether or not he was running a cult. I think I know it was an analogy Rob. Don't be a goose.

You also made it explicit you don't think he was trying to run a cult. But, It wasn't clear where you were standing when I watched it. It seemed like you grouped about 40,000 weekly listening into a group of fools. But, I also know you've said a few times you know we aren't all the same.

It's one guy talking in videos for hours. Though, we all share many other teachings, Gurus, books, videos, etc here. So, the common thread is Leo but we are all different. 

I am not blaming anyone for seeing your content that takes a critique on Leo and then combats you. You sort of ask for it in your tone, manner and editing. It's human nature.

I don't fully understand your motives yet. So, I will observe and ask questions, let you know what I am thinking.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I am not blaming anyone for seeing your content that takes a critique on Leo and then combats you. You sort of ask for it in your tone, manner and editing. It's human nature.

Me neither, and anyone who thinks I have a problem taking on such people is simply wrong - Bring them on I say!

I mean… is anyone here confused that my back is against the wall here? That the tone of my video and its editing style was some unintentional accident? That my target audience is here in Actualized?

Seriously…? ?

Just now, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

Me neither, and anyone who thinks I have a problem taking on such people is simply wrong - Bring them on I say!

I mean… is anyone here confused that my back is against the wall here? That the tone of my video and its editing style was some unintentional accident? That my target audience is here in Actualized?

Seriously…? ?

dude the bottom line is this.. if you wanna awaken you have found the right place.  I mean if you truly wanna get to the rock-bottom of reality here we are.  If you don't and you care about how many views you get on You Tube...well...then...that will work too :) but Leo is one of the most conscious individuals on the planet right now in terms of public figures.  There aren't many alive right now at  all.  Deepak.. Peter Ralston ..Adyashanti..etc.  it's a short list.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

dude the bottom line is this.. if you wanna awaken you have found the right place.  I mean if you truly wanna get to the rock-bottom of reality here we are.  If you don't and you care about how many views you get on You Tube...well...then...that will work too :) but Leo is one of the most conscious individuals on the planet right now in terms of public figures.  There aren't many alive right now at  all.  Deepak.. Peter Ralston ..Adyashanti..etc.  it's a short list.

I don’t want to upset you mate but that was possibly the worst sales pitch ever.

3 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

I don’t want to upset you mate but that was possibly the worst sales pitch ever.

Haha ? how so?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Stop bringing down a guy who is working so hard and helping millions of people through his website and work. 

I challenge that you cannot do even 2% of what Leo Gura has achieved. 

Nobody is perfect and stop basking in his glory and using him for your witchhunt.

Leo absolutely doesn't deserve this. Fair criticism is always fine. 

But misquoting him, contorting and twisting him and his words to serve your own agenda is nothing but slander and attack. 

Leo is not a cult of personality. He is just a guy who can gain massive traffic because his presentation style is extremely passionate, something that you tubers like you completely lack. 

Are you this jealous of his success?? 

Maybe you can leave Leo alone and let him do his work. Find yourself new stuff to make videos on and be original. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

Seriously though how so?  If we are talking about Truth?  Do you still think because I am a moderator on this forum that if I say the word Truth it will be tainted with Leo's name?  Or if I mention other spiritual masters that I may not be aware that they are me? If you assumed that you were wrong.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

This is becoming a waste of time and detracts from the quality of what this forum is suppose to be about: waking up and becoming a more conscious, wise person.

It is wise to realize when things aren’t going anywhere and not to feed the trolls. 

The only reason why criticism is shared is because you want validation and acknowledgement of it. This is a distraction and a waste of life.

If you were to die tomorrow, how would you live today? 

Life is too short for these posts lately. If you don’t like something, then that is fine. The mistake is to waste your precious time explaining it and convincing others.

Thank you. That is all I would say.

It is time for this to be locked up, in my opinion. It is like a merry-go-round of bull crap that won’t go anywhere.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Just now, r0ckyreed said:

This is becoming a waste of time and detracts from the quality of what this forum is suppose to be about: waking up and becoming a more conscious, wise person.

It is wise to realize when things aren’t going anywhere and not to feed the trolls. 

Well remember the troll today may be tomorrow's enlightened Master.  Not likely but possible.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Leo Gura At the beginning of the thread you denied making such claims.

That's simply a lack of nuance on your part. You and Adeptus are committing the classic pre/trans fallacy and then getting outraged at me over it.

I have never claimed to be a messiah in some delusional pre-rational way people like Adetpus take that to mean.

Does God speak through me? Of course! All my deepest insights come from God. Do I teach people how to awaken? Of course! In that sense you could say I am guru or a messiah, but you and Adeptus have no clue what this actually means. You take it as some narcisstic fundamentalist thing, but it isn't that. Anyone can become a guru or a messiah simply by awakening and having a calling to awaken others.

You’re contradicting yourself.

If you don't carefully study this work, then it may seem that way to you.

And you say this isn’t about you yet you made a whole video on why you’re not a cult.

Yes, precisely because people like you and Adeptus get confused.

The video was not about me, it was to help clear up confusion which naturally rises in this work.

So you’re alright with your followers slowly turning your forum into one?

No, I have always spoke out and warned against cult behavior and ideology. This has been the core of my work from day 1.

And I’m also pointing out this stuff you say influences people so if it’s not about you then you should be careful with saying these contradicting claims. You can’t take a single ounce of criticism and actually consider it. 

Actually I take criticism and feedback all the time. But not when it comes from trolls who are way out of their element. Before you troll me, first demonstrate a solid understanding of spirituality, nonduality, epistemology, metaphysics, and my work.

I teach extremely advanced things which require nuance and tons of personal contemplation and direct experience to understand. My teachings are not some dumb right wing video that you just casually troll.

It will take you 10 years of deep study to render a serious criticsim of me. Not that you couldn't. But you're so far from that.

This may shock you, but I am a busy guy and I have better things to do than to defend my work against ignorant people. If I was in that business it would be a full time job. If you cannot fathom my work then that's not my problem. Many people will misinterpret my work because that is simply the nature of the ego mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Time to support you because what you teach is Truth.

It's mindfuck to teach this stuff .

Be open minded guys.