johnlocke18

Leo, you’re denying criticisms that are true?

265 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

Yup, go back and watch my first video on Leo where i describe his earlier content as very interesting, and it was only when I got to the later stuff that his delusions became apparent.

Question for ya bud…

Did you actually pay attention to the words being spoken in my videos, or did you just dismiss them out of hand because you perceived them as heresy against the infallible guru? If you don’t listen to the words then you will never ever get the nugget.

Hey, you know. 

Interpretation is like that. You didn't take what Leo was saying as matter of fact, as I think I tried. He was sharing matter of fact dangers of these substances. As well as that he was wrong about insights at times. 

Doesn't mean every insight was wrong. Like, when you do anything in life there is a % of error.

You are acting as if you took what he said in a neutral way, they we all would interpret it in the same way. Reality isn't like that as far as I have noticed. We all read into the same words or facts differently. 

You saw what you saw in it, and shared it in a way that was... It was pretty offensive I think. I appreciate you and your videos. But, my critique for you is that you sometimes go too far in being offensive and "Holier than thou" or, better than you or something. Then you feel like you have the right to shame people for what you perceive as their short comings. 

No one here wants to hurt you. We love you man.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Leo Gura You 100 percent said you were being groomed by the universe and experienced telepathy.

I am the Universe.

Awakening is surrender to the universe. Yes, of course it is grooming me. You act like this is some outrageous egotistical claim when it is nothing unusual at all. I claim no special status for myself. The universe will groom you too if you do serious spiritual work. That's what spirituality is about.

Yes, I have experienced telepathy. So what? Again, if you awaken deeply enough you will too.

And he does have a point your followers make you look bad. Just look at what the Adam dude is saying. He’s literally playing mind games trying to make me look bad just because I criticized you. He accused me of being a follower and told me to be quiet and meditate as if I can’t have an opinion which you made this forum open for discussion. Even one of your other followers called him out on it. 

Well, if my work is so deeply misinterpreted then people who follow and understand my work are tempted to speak out and defend. This drama was started by Adeptus. He makes inflammatory videos and then acts surprised when people disagree with him. You reap what you sow. This is why I do not engage in such distractions and drama. I'm just a guy who makes self help videos.

This work is not about me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@wildflower

We are all one. Don't create duality and conflict where there doesn't need to be. If you know that already, why are you arguing with yourself?

because he is repeating that ironically so that people will see that it is ridiculous to bring up non-dualistic arguments in relative discussions. And the truth is quite ridiculous, the same as that of, only I exist and I have created you all to be able to wake up. besides being disturbing for some

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

because he is repeating that ironically so that people will see that it is ridiculous to bring up non-dualistic arguments in relative discussions. And the truth is quite ridiculous, the same as that of, only I exist and I have created you all to be able to wake up. besides being disturbing for some

I don't know if I understand you exactly.

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@AdeptusPsychonautica Hey man, I kindly don't think your being fully honest with that comment. It was a pretty personal video attacking him and his followers. You literally claimed victory you, Leo 0. 

The only attacks were against the cult like mindset which I mske clear I think is absurd, and if you subscribe to that mindset then sure, you are going to feel ridiculed - that was 100% the intent. 

The victory was for rationality vs irrationality, and again this is clearly stated in the video. I thought Leo had turned a corner by disowning all that delusional stuff which is a win for rationality.

If you actually listen to the arguments I make then they probably aren’t what you think they are, but people here get so easily triggered.

6 minutes ago, wildflower said:

Im not arguing with myself, I am showing myself how to interact with myself :)

I think as long as we learn to see ourselves as one, and become more loving and develop a dialogue to push human experience forward I am game.

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

Yup, go back and watch my first video on Leo where i describe his earlier content as very interesting, and it was only when I got to the later stuff that his delusions became apparent.

Gitchya.  Well look...he ain't my guru. He is just a dude I dreamed up.  That's not a belief that is something I have become directly conscious of.  So here's the thing.  You are correct about psychedelics becoming dangerous and causing one to become delusional.  But Leo has corrected this in his last video.  If you wanna shoot a guy while he is down go for it.  But like I said..the teachings stand by themselves 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

21 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

Did you actually pay attention to the words being spoken in my videos, or did you just dismiss them out of hand because you perceived them as heresy against the infallible guru? If you don’t listen to the words then you will never ever get the nugget.

I love constructive criticism. I give and listen to constructive criticism towards leo regularly 

Yours is just way too abrasive for me personally. Especially since there is a lot of personal attacks as well as some dogma surrounding your beliefs.  

So yeah unless you take your ego out of this I'm disinterested. 

Edited by Jacob Morres

6 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

The only attacks were against the cult like mindset which I mske clear I think is absurd, and if you subscribe to that mindset then sure, you are going to feel ridiculed - that was 100% the intent. 

The victory was for rationality vs irrationality, and again this is clearly stated in the video. I thought Leo had turned a corner by disowning all that delusional stuff which is a win for rationality.

If you actually listen to the arguments I make then they probably aren’t what you think they are, but people here get so easily triggered.

I understand that is your interpretation of the situation and respect that. From what I have studied about Cults, Actualized isn't a Cult. It's a school or teaching and nothing shared here is anything new. It's information that is spread throughout many religions, cultures, etc. It's just neatly packaged into lectures. 

What is rational vs irrational is depending on your world view you know. We aren't all going to just bow down to anyone who has a different world view than us. Leo did not back down a lot of his understandings. There is something called the 'transrational fallacy", where things that are outside of rationality are seen as irrational or false. 

Deeply contemplate what rationality is, and you might find it actually has a lot of limitations. Which is does, it's one of many cognitive processes and ways of interacting with the same world we all inhabit. 

Everyone in this community has their own unique perspective. That is the point of seeking liberation imo. Gound yourself in high truths, and create your own life. 

Yeah, people get upset because this is something we enjoy. It's a given to happen. You kind of feed off this don't you? hehe, I am sure it's fun. 

Yeah, and you are right. I have my own interpretations of your videos. You are concerned about truth, as we are all here. And you want to protect your world view, what you think reality is and how it works and to protect other people. You also want to feel smarter or better than other people. Which, is very human.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

9 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I don't know if I understand you exactly.

Well it's possible I'm wrong and it was serious. Seems that was repeating that about we are all one to show that it's an easy and meaningless way out of all discussions ... but maybe that's what I think, same that to say that only you exist and the others are in your imagination. I've had two private messages from guys who just signed up here asking me: hey man, I have a question for you. are you real? Coz am I going crazy, tell me, are you conscious right now?

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

Well it's possible I'm wrong and it was serious. Seems that was repeating that about we are all one to show that it's an easy and meaningless way out of all discussions ... but maybe that's what I think, same that to say that only you exist and the others are in your imagination. I've had two private messages from guys who just signed up here asking me: hey man, I have a question for you. are you real Why am I going crazy, tell me, are you conscious right now?

No you are completely correct

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Well it's possible I'm wrong and it was serious. Seems that was repeating that about we are all one to show that it's an easy and meaningless way out of all discussions ... but maybe that's what I think, same that to say that only you exist and the others are in your imagination. I've had two private messages from guys who just signed up here asking me: hey man, I have a question for you. are you real? Coz am I going crazy, tell me, are you conscious right now?

Yes, this is a good point. Something that needs to be discussed more and addressed.

Because, we can't know if anyone else actually exists. Even in a materialist paradigm this is the case in some ways. We are literally imagining everything in a 'brain' or we are imagining everything as a singular being in a void... 

I can tell you I exist, that I have my own bubble. But, you will never experience my bubble. So, you are sort of alone in your own universe. I am.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Leo Gura At the beginning of the thread you denied making such claims. You’re contradicting yourself. And you say this isn’t about you yet you made a whole video on why you’re not a cult. So you’re alright with your followers slowly turning your forum into one? And I’m also pointing out this stuff you say influences people so if it’s not about you then you should be careful with saying these contradicting claims. You can’t take a single ounce of criticism and actually consider it. 

Edited by johnlocke18

1 minute ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Leo Gura At the beginning of the thread you denied making such claims. You’re contradicting yourself. And you say this isn’t about you yet you made a whole video on why you’re not a cult. So you’re alright with your followers slowly turning your forum into one? 

Hey, this is a good question because we don't want this to be a cult. Can you explain the cult psychology you see developing?

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:This drama was started by Adeptus. He makes inflammatory videos and then acts surprised when people disagree with him. You reap what you sow. This is why I do not engage in such distractions and drama. I'm just a guy who makes self help videos.

@Leo Gura

Dude, I am never surprised when people here disagree with me - what on earth gave you such a silly idea?

We have even talked about this before so stop recycling these tired tropes. I enjoy these challenging discussions, I am not afraid to actually confront others about my ideas or beliefs, and in case you haven’t noticed I have quite a lot of fun in the process. You should try it sometime - IF YOU DARE!

Honestly though you guys are pussycats compared to the SJW crowd I took on with Psymposia, so don’t kid yourself that a few disagreements on Actualized.org has me sobbing into my pillow ?

This is the dumbest debate I have seen. Are you guys 7 years old???? 

1 minute ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

@Leo Gura

Dude, I am never surprised when people here disagree with me - what on earth gave you such a silly idea?

We have even talked about this before so stop recycling these tired tropes. I enjoy these challenging discussions, I am not afraid to actually confront others about my ideas or beliefs, and in case you haven’t noticed I have quite a lot of fun in the process. You should try it sometime - IF YOU DARE!

Honestly though you guys are pussycats compared to the SJW crowd I took on with Psymposia, so don’t kid yourself that a few disagreements on Actualized.org has me sobbing into my pillow ?

I find this interesting. I see Leo questioning his beliefs and word views as literally what his job is.

Disagreeing is normal and healthy. We can do so without fighting one another. 

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

Consider this constructive criticism. I could not take your videos seriously.

There were obvious misinterpretations in them as well as an unfounded accusation about Leo doing this to sell his LP course.

Even if you do have some points and Leo has said somethings that were less than wise, it’s hard to see when you’ve already made so many errors.

If you want your criticism to be taken seriously by this community, then I’d suggest you do serious research. That doesn’t guarantee I or anyone else will still agree with you, but I’d think I’d at least be more open to what you had to say. I have plenty of my own criticisms of things Leo has said in the past.

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Yes, this is a good point. Something that needs to be discussed more and addressed.

Because, we can't know if anyone else actually exists. Even in a materialist paradigm this is the case in some ways. We are literally imagining everything in a 'brain' or we are imagining everything as a singular being in a void... 

I agree that there is only one etc etc, but as they say it seems that it is that you only exist as ego, the person, and you are imagining everything, the others egos. It seems that they say it like that to drive people crazy, because I'm sure they know it's not like that, there is only one and the rest are imaginary, but I too, at a higher level. At the level we are talking about, we are both equally real or not real. or so I think, who knows, but repeating the other is disturbing

If we are being honest Leo in a lot of videos adds to it this insinuation of attainments, that end up confusing and contradicting himself.

He will claim to have been conscious of things no other humans have, reached levels of conciousness that no one else has, and that the things he was conscious of, if you too become concious it will literally kill you, and end the whole of reality.

That obviously doesn't make any sense, as he's still alive, and reality still exists