johnlocke18

Leo, you’re denying criticisms that are true?

265 posts in this topic

Conveying spiritual insights on an internet forum or through any media at all is limited by the nature of our language and mediated through very crude human cognitive processing capabilities. It doesnt matter what you say - people are going to misinterpret it. Thats why direct experiencene is king. 

Now I have been here on this forum since late February 2016 and I have had my fair deal of issues with Leo. I remember many moments where he was obviously wrong about a given topic, but couldnt bring himself to change his point of view. There is a lot of pride and ego in his teachings, and even though he might deny this, it totally comes across that way.

That said, the reason why I still watch his videos is because they are usually very profound and ....true. 
Its rarely the case that I disagree with what he says and thats the point: He did his work - he didnt pull that shit out of his ass. 
Now just from watching some videos from that adeptus guy, he is just nowhere close that level. He has a very basic understanding of things and this directly mirrored in his criticism. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@Adamq8 And you gaslighting me. I’m pointing out criticisms with video eveidence and you’re trying to say my mind is twisting things. That was a perfect example because you’re telling me to mediate instead of saying something about a real problem like people committing suicide on here. 

12 minutes ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Adamq8 I was giving a hypothetical example Of how ridiculous what you’re saying is. I said IF anyone attacked them. And no ones mind is twisting things but you guys. He said this stuff On video and people do talk about and have committed suicide on here. 

Correlation does not equal causation. Be careful with your comments about the user who committed suicide. This is very complex, nuanced and delicate subject which you are turning into mindless gossip. It's a completely separate matter. 

If you have some genuine and intelligent critiques of Leo's work, please do so.

Trying to pointlessly debunk one or two things Leo said months ago is not useful or productive for you or for anyone else.

Just let it go man.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Space It’s not pointless because the claims  influenced the suicide. The dude basically quoted him. You’re just dancing around it. 

@Space “Just let it go man.” Yet someone recently talked about suicide being a solution because they can’t find enlightenment. You can’t just accept all of the problems in the world when you can say something. That’s why I gave an example of sitting by mediating while my family gets attacked. 

@johnlocke18

Lol talk about gas lightning when you twist a claim of siddhis and healing into a suicide,  that my friend is gas lightning if something is.

You are believing your own projections, the funny thing is that no matter what someone on here writes you will twist that into a cult behaviour or suicide warnings.

This particular topic has nothing to do with suicide.

Healing powers and telepathy, how is that even related to suicide?

Healing happens all the time for humans, impossible sicknesses that gets reversed, telepathy happens too and is a world wide known phenomena.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Adamq8 So soonhei isn’t real? And you didn’t just tell me to be quiet and mediate when the forum is open to discussion? And you didn’t try to take my obvious hypothetical example out of context? Tell me what I’m saying that isn’t true? Leo said these things there really was a suicide and people really consider it a lot on here. I’m saying this stuff straight up and not adding anything to it or dancing around like you are. 

Edited by johnlocke18

@Adamq8 The suicides were part of the criticisms which I’m pointing out when I started this thread.  you’re the one twisting things you’re changing the subject and then trying to say I am. you’re projecting hard. 

To be fair, I've noticed quite a bit of patronizing, group thinking and censorship of different opinions (most recent example with Covid, vaccines and so on) for a few years on this forum. 

Could be that we're all projecting, but if many people are picking up on something that smells like cult behavior, it would be wise to be open to that criticism and see if there may be some truth to it. 

@Farnaby If something really happened and people including the ones on the forum agree it actually happened, then one of the moderators of the website says you’re projecting, that’s gaslighting. And if the people helping running the website are doing this, then it’s running like a cult. You don’t have to question yourself when something’s obvious. Don’t let them get to you. 

Edited by johnlocke18

@johnlocke18 so can we back up a few spaces so that we can try to address?  What exactly is your issue with Leo?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Leo Gura Now someone else on your forum is pointing out the silencing of opinions on here. One of your moderators told me I’m projecting something that actually happened. That’s gaslighting. It’s not only you it’s your followers. They’re making you look like a cult on the outside and it’s getting so bad they’re starting to make you look bad from the inside to. 

@johnlocke18 I think you misunderstood me. What you said is pretty much what I meant with my comment. We share that same feeling towards some aspects of this forum.

@Farnaby No misunderstanding I read what you said about maybe were projecting and I’m reassuring you you’re not deluded. 

6 minutes ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Leo Gura Now someone else on your forum is pointing out the silencing of opinions on here. One of your moderators told me I’m projecting something that actually happened. That’s gaslighting. It’s not only you it’s your followers. They’re making you look like a cult on the outside and it’s getting so bad they’re starting to make you look bad from the inside to. 

Stop the stupidity here.  Leo is just a dude like you.  If you have a full awakening like the Buddha did you will transcend Leo.  So stop with the crap and attacks.   It really does not make you look good.  And now I'm in the mud with you so I will have to lock the post if it continues.  Contribute something positive to the forum perhaps?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

14 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

To be fair, I've noticed quite a bit of patronizing, group thinking and censorship of different opinions (most recent example with Covid, vaccines and so on) for a few years on this forum. 

Could be that we're all projecting, but if many people are picking up on something that smells like cult behavior, it would be wise to be open to that criticism and see if there may be some truth to it. 

I agree. Cult thinking is not something that can happen to a group every ten or so. It's a natural tendency of human minds when they group together. We're all minded here. Maybe just a few transcended their own mind. So yes, cult thinking is something that we should constantly pay attention to.