WaterDroplet--00

Getting Over Vaccine Paranoia

60 posts in this topic

Firstly, I'm very aware that the topic of vaccines is a horse that has been flogged to death on this forum, so in advance I apologise to those who are tired of it, hahaha. 

So my extended family and parents are very much on the 'conspiracy' spectrum when it comes to covid-19 and vaccination topics. They have, more or less tried to convert me to get on board while I was still living at home (2 months ago) by constantly trying to expose me to content around it, playing David Icke on loud speakers in the house, sending me loads of videos on unregulated media platforms (bitchute etc). So I've spend like probably 100 hours going through anti-vax arguments, counter arguments, looking at data, scientists talking about the subject and so on. Essentially, the conclusion I arrived at was that I am happy to be vaccinated and planned to get AstraZeneca, so I told my parents that was the plan and that the decision was made.  To which they responded with hysteria, crying, begging and extreme desperation by telling me stories about how all they ever wanted for me was to be healthy and happy and I was going to destroy that if I got vaccinated. They have since calmed down after I moved away to the city, but they still sent me conspiracy videos daily (most of which I ignore now). 

Basically, the point of bringing this up and going through the background somewhat, is that I have been vaccinated with AstraZeneca (first dose) about a week ago, not telling my parents, and I cannot stop this consistent paranoia like, maybe they were right, maybe I'm going to be damaged, or maybe this is a massive global power grab and the vaccines are actually really dangerous in the long-run (that's the main one). It's not like these exact comments come up in the form of structured questions, but there is an uncomfortable subconscious monotone of fear that I can't seem to shake even after doing so much research and coming to an indisputable (in my mind) conclusion of the matter. It's like intellectually it's as clear as day, but emotionally it's a shit show. 

Is there anything that other people would recommend as a healthy way to try and get past this 'scaring' and not have this paranoia constantly in the background of thinking? Like a practice of some kind (I already meditate) which might help to get off the emotional railway tracks which this mind has been programmed towards in an attempt to cope with life under home conditions?  

Any suggestions would be very appreciated, thank you sm 

This is a lesson for you about gaslighting.

Lots of ignorant people will gaslight you in life. It is your job to stick to what you know is proper epistemology. A fear based, cynical epistemology cannot be proper.

Be soveriegn. Respect your own authority. Honor your own wisdom. Do not let the paranoia of others worm into your mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

it's like to say how to get over the fear or paranoia towards jumping off the cliff. you can't because it's rational.

I'm afraid to tell you, you are happily brainwashed by the govt. your family is in the right direction. you are the one who's targeted by govt full of colorful mischievous agenda! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

23 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

it's like to say how to get over the fear or paranoia towards jumping off the cliff. you can't because it's rational.

I'm afraid to tell you, you are happily brainwashed by the govt. your family is in the right direction. you are the one who's targeted by govt full of colorful mischievous agenda! 

Jumping off a cliff = certain death

Taking COVID-19 vaccine = ???

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is a lesson for you about gaslighting.

Lots of ignorant people will gaslight you in life. It is your job to stick to what you know is proper epistemology. A fear based, cynical epistemology cannot be proper.

Be soveriegn. Respect your own authority. Honor your own wisdom. Do not let the paranoia of others worm into your mind.

This is so deep. I am learning it's going to take years of direct experience to really begin to even comprehend how deep this goes. 

A lot of people are like floating driftwood. Be an anchor. or a tree with deep roots, over looking the shrubs.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, WaterDroplet--00 said:

Is there anything that other people would recommend as a healthy way to try and get past this 'scaring' and not have this paranoia constantly in the background of thinking? Like a practice of some kind (I already meditate) which might help to get off the emotional railway tracks which this mind has been programmed towards in an attempt to cope with life under home conditions?  

Breathwork is the absolute fastest thing I know. Works every single time. In ~30 seconds you can be in a completely different state.

Your situation is a good lesson for how real devilry takes place. It isn’t necessarily some outside dark forces that are attempting to get us. Devilry can be your parents, in their distorted love, trying to fill with you anti-vaccine conspiracies. So wrapped up in their own fear that they may end up hurting others.

2 hours ago, something_else said:

Jumping off a cliff = certain death

Taking COVID-19 vaccine = ???

certain malicious alterations in the body by the m.RNA 

yes exactly - you don’t know what kind of shit they exactly gave you in the mix, could be the exact same shit the grandpa had. better do dna testing i mean really what if your parents didn’t care at all - now you are here and can’t change it anymore.

12 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

certain malicious alterations in the body by the m.RNA 

Do you have any actual evidence of this or just speculative paranoid garbage?

2 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Of course it's the second one. 

If it wasn't he would take astra

43 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@Opo I'm too busy to provide you evidences. all I can say is that duckduckgo is the best search engine for that type of self-research! 

2 hours ago, hamedsf said:

@Opo I'm too busy to provide you evidences. all I can say is that duckduckgo is the best search engine for that type of self-research! 

Duckduckgo is too corrupt for me. I get my info straight from the local schizoid. 

I can’t really help you with your paranoid ways with all the conspiracies abouts these vaccines as I’m not particularly prone to being taken in by conspiracy theories and I personally am of the view anti vaxers are seriously deluded. But that aside from my own decision to get the vaccine, AstraZeneca too, since I’ve had the full dose both injections the 2nd about a month ago I felt no after affects from either at the time, my health seems as good as it’s ever been so far in the short term and I fully expect it to remain so in the long term. Certainly in relation to the vaccine anyway

2 hours ago, hamedsf said:

Because Google, of course, is controlled by the same small group of elites looking to make sure you never find out about the mRNA body modifications we're all being injected with designed to destroy our bodies so that we can no longer effectively produce value for them. Obviously.

Now there's a good idea for a Gru meme

17 minutes ago, something_else said:

Because Google, of course, is controlled by the same small group of elites looking to make sure you never find out about the mRNA body modifications we're all being injected with designed to destroy our bodies so that we can no longer effectively produce value for them. Obviously.

Now there's a good idea for a Gru meme

I am gonna start insta-banning people here who post any kind of "elites controlling the world" conspiracy theories. If you have such views you should leave here now.

@Leo Gura I have a good friend that has totally bought into that very same theory of "a few elites controlling the world for a century" stuff. I have tried talking him out of it but cannot. The thing is he at the same time has quite advanced notions. He fully graps cultural relativism, relativism in general and a lot of "pluralists" ideas. It is just this thing which corrodes his otherwise advanced worldview. I remember when he used to tell me how morality is a man made concept that is very linked with the ego. Back then (before discovering your work and doing the contemplations) i told him that could not be true.

What advice should i give him?

look, if medical technology would be as highly developed as people think it is, intelligent politics would probably use it to boost health.

making people go stupid is a whole other business. its not even profitable to be non selective about that. being non selective about ‘influence’ is maybe the closest to conspiracy we’ll ever get.

15 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

@Leo Gura I have a good friend that has totally bought into that very same theory of "a few elites controlling the world for a century" stuff. I have tried talking him out of it but cannot. The thing is he at the same time has quite advanced notions. He fully graps cultural relativism, relativism in general and a lot of "pluralists" ideas. It is just this thing which corrodes his otherwise advanced worldview. I remember when he used to tell me how morality is a man made concept that is very linked with the ego. Back then (before discovering your work and doing the contemplations) i told him that could not be true.

What advice should i give him?

Well, that is the mind-virus de jour.

God help him.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I am gonna start insta-banning people here who post any kind of "elites controlling the world" conspiracy theories. If you have such views you should leave here now.

@Leo Gura Hahahaha, sorry, I was being sarcastic. The real crime was wasting my time mocking someone for having those beliefs in the first place, it isn't worth it, but it is fun