ROOBIO

To scared to do 5-MeO

41 posts in this topic

So I have come across 5 MeO oxalate. After years of contemplating doing this, I finally have come across it. However, after reading lots of trip reports I am really scared taking it. I have tripped a lot on other substances, but read so many horrifying reports of people doing 5 MeO. How have you guys overcome this fear? 

I haven't tried 5Meo yet, but I've heard that you can microdose it. So start with a very small dose, and then work up slowly.

I am a pro at being afraid of 5meo hehe. I have had some horrible trips and others of enormous beauty and unity, without limits. and the strangest thing about it was this: they were the same, exactly the same. the difference was how my ego interpreted them. the 5meo basically does one thing (in a high enough dose): it erases you, and what remains ... is nothing, but that nothing can be everything, infinity, blablabla, or the terror of emptiness, non-existence (for the ego) . For me the key is to be in a meditative state, in which somehow you tend to emptiness, you want it, you see the truth in it, and the mental filling an obstacle. 5meo will take you there. But if you do it in a state, mentality, vital attitude, in which what you value is the content, the experience, it is most likely that you will have a hard time. it is bad but not so bad, a bit of existential horror, extremely useful to put things in their place. My life has changed, since I have seen the need to equalize my mental state to the emptiness of the 5meo, and to do so I have discovered meditation. I'm remembering first time i did a breakthrough, 16 mg vaped, past September. Just after check tinder and upload some pics. A master. The horror of the void that i experienced was much less that i deserved

I'm scared too because when I take 20µ of LSD it's almost too much to handle sometimes... So even micro dosing 5-meo must be a thing!

33 minutes ago, Gabith said:

I'm scared too because when I take 20µ of LSD it's almost too much to handle sometimes... So even micro dosing 5-meo must be a thing!

As @Breakingthewall said- it will erase your ego and what is left is pure reality itself.   Who would not be scared of that?  Only those who do not need to survive.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@ROOBIO

4 hours ago, ROOBIO said:

So I have come across 5 MeO oxalate. After years of contemplating doing this, I finally have come across it. However, after reading lots of trip reports I am really scared taking it. I have tripped a lot on other substances, but read so many horrifying reports of people doing 5 MeO. How have you guys overcome this fear? 

The only way to overcome your fear of something, is by actually doing that thing you fear. There is no magic solutions around this. It's about action and not mental masturbation when it comes to fear.

If you trust yourself then do it. If not then better wait. 

Edited by SQAAD

@Breakingthewall

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I am a pro at being afraid of 5meo hehe. I have had some horrible trips and others of enormous beauty and unity, without limits. and the strangest thing about it was this: they were the same, exactly the same. the difference was how my ego interpreted them. the 5meo basically does one thing (in a high enough dose): it erases you, and what remains ... is nothing, but that nothing can be everything, infinity, blablabla, or the terror of emptiness, non-existence (for the ego) . For me the key is to be in a meditative state, in which somehow you tend to emptiness, you want it, you see the truth in it, and the mental filling an obstacle. 5meo will take you there. But if you do it in a state, mentality, vital attitude, in which what you value is the content, the experience, it is most likely that you will have a hard time. it is bad but not so bad, a bit of existential horror, extremely useful to put things in their place. My life has changed, since I have seen the need to equalize my mental state to the emptiness of the 5meo, and to do so I have discovered meditation. I'm remembering first time i did a breakthrough, 16 mg vaped, past September. Just after check tinder and upload some pics. A master. The horror of the void that i experienced was much less that i deserved

Why do you find the emptiness terrifying?

You should be afraid of taking 5MeO-DMT.  The stuff can blow up your world like nothing else I have tried.  It is a serious drug that makes LSD seem like a cup of coffee.  Since you already have it, I suspect you will eventually work up the courage to take it.  So my only advice is to start with half of what you think you can handle.... Maybe even a quarter.  And you absolutely need a sober trip sitter as you could potentially die of aspirating on your own vomit, or seriously hurt yourself.  My one and only 5MeO trip was with 20mg of freebase smoked because I'm basically a complete idiot and was somewhat cocky going in.  I have no memory of about 10 minutes of the "trip".  The come up was terrifying and I have done up to 340ug of quality LSD so I know a strong come up.  If I ever do it again (I have 500mg of the stuff) I will probably take no more than 5mg.

I have had ego death during strong LSD trips.  I know what that is like.  5MeO spanked me and my ego so hard it is tough to compare the two.  My one big insight from taking 5MeO was that this experience of being an ego and a human being was "it".  That what I was looking for from the drug was actually a form of escape.  Enlightenment isn't about escaping your humanity, it is about fully embracing it and integrating spiritual experiences with this dualistic / temporal consensus reality.  In a way my 5MeO experience has cured me of my desire to do psychedelics again.  I know myself, I will likely do psychedelics again, but not any time soon.

3 minutes ago, taotemu said:

Enlightenment isn't about escaping your humanity, it is about fully embracing it and integrating spiritual experiences with this dualistic / temporal consensus reality.  In a way my 5MeO experience has cured me of my desire to do psychedelics again.  I know myself, I will likely do psychedelics again, but not any time soon.

Words of wisdom.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Breakingthewall

Why do you find the emptiness terrifying?

because when I did first time it my ego weighed a ton and needed to hold onto something every second. The effect 5meo has on me is like blowing up a soap bubble, I vape and after 3 seconds it explodes, there is nothing, and I am not there either. there is nothing limitless. If you are not prepared for this, as soon as the ego is rebuilt minimally, it is faced with the void and the only word that comes to mind is horror, annihilation. He see his unreality, is a construction, and behind there is not a superior wise self, there is a unlimited void. At that time, if I meditated for 8 minutes, I would have an anxiety attack, but since then I have meditated every day, in meditation you realize the unlimited emptiness, that it is who you really are and you are looking for it. your ego learns its place, and gets used to it, as you can get used to parachuting for example. If you are thrown without being prepared, you don't even know what it is, horror. If you are looking for that feeling of liberation and you lose the fear and the need to be clinging to something, the glory

Edited by Breakingthewall

@ROOBIO You don’t have to do it, stop letting people preaching it pressure you, they’re not experts on life. And enlightenment may not even be real, if most of these people haven’t experienced it then they’re blindly believing it. 

Edited by johnlocke18

If you have a lot of fear in your system, chances are you're in for a rough ride.

@ROOBIO I am in the same situation like you. What helped  was to experiment with low dose rectally (1 to 10 mg)

It's only scary until you're dead ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's only scary until your dead ;)

Bout time u weighed in :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 8/9/2021 at 6:10 AM, Gabith said:

Yeah you can sniff 1mg and it's basically like microdosing. It doesn't last more than 40 minutes tops, almost too short to be practical, but perhaps it could be used for quick 30 minute contemplation sessions. IMO it's a total waste of its ability illuminate the story of your life and break reality.

LOL. I took me almost a year to convince myself to do 5 Meo DMT. Do you know what is harder to do than vaporizing 5 Meo for the first time? Doing it again :D

Today I finally did it again. It wasn't that bad at all. I lowered my dose this time. It felt like 30 seconds at most, in reality it was rather 5 to 7 minutes.

Just do not start with high dose because you will be traumatized like I was.

Two words: Exposure Therapy. The issue I see with most people trying to use a strong substance as 5-MEO to have an Awakening, is the trying it once or twice and expecting the desired results. Of course you're going to be scared of something unfamiliar. As Leo has said, it can take 100 tries to reach an Awakening, and it can take 100 Awakenings to fully understand all aspects of God/Infinity/Nothingness/Infinite Love. So the best course is to have a schedule where you do ceremony with 5-MEO at least once a week. Each time you do this you are getting more and more desensitized to any fear, and closer and closer to the ability to fully surrender. After enough ceremonies with 5-MEO, you'll be so used to it, there will be no fear.