Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fearey

Worldwide open borders

16 posts in this topic

Would you be for worldwide open borders? Why, or why not? I personally see no negatives long term in this. You'd have the possibility to gradually globalize the planet by introducing a global language, currency, etc. It would make it WAY easier for everyone to communicate and understand each other properly, and you'd have near endless possibilities with regards to where you would like to live, what you want to work with etc. I cannot see a single downside to a completely globalized society where every nation state is abolished, in exchange for one global government.

Ever since I reached Turquoise this seemed like a no-brainer to me. I'm interested to hear what you'd think, fellow Actualizers

Edited by Fearey

INTJ 5w4 from Norway in favor of cultural cosmopolitanism

Not in our lifetimes. It would create a huge nationalist backlash and the rise of fascism. Peoples' psyches are not developed enough for open boarders. It is like giving children dynamite.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Many people are fanatically against immigration. They would be even more fanatically against worldwide open borders.

You would have to kill or imprison all those who are against worldwide open borders, because their resistence would never stop.

And do you want authoritative, dangerous and evil talibans, terrorists, north koreans, mexican drug cartels, chinese, russians and iranians etc. in your "country" (the area where you live)? Wouldn't it be the end of democracy, rule of law, freedom and human rights?

All the bad stuff wants to spread, but the good stuff wants to stay because it doesn't want the bad stuff. So the good stuff would have to flee and the bad stuff would hunt. Good and bad can't mix. So instead of fixed countries we would just get dynamic moving "countries", which moves every day, since the evil is obsessed with conquering/invading, destroying, killing and enslaving, and the good just wants to be in peace free from the evil.

I could be wrong though.

Edited by Blackhawk

It will never be possible because good and evil will always exist.

21 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

All the bad stuff wants to spread, but the good stuff wants to stay because it doesn't want the bad stuff. So the good stuff would flee and the bad stuff would hunt. Good and bad can't mix. So instead of fixed countries we would just get dynamic moving "countries", which moves every day, since the evil is obsessed with conquering, destroying, killing and enslaving, and the good just wants to be in peace free from the evil.

Nice! Well written ?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 hours ago, Fearey said:

Ever since I reached Turquoise

hmmm...

It will happen one day but yeah not in a our lifetimes. We sorta have this in more developed countries who are allied already. As an Aussie I can live in Canada, UK, New Zealand somewhat easily. 

In a way, we already have a test run for a world without borders with the internet. 

But, I agree that it can’t work currently. The average person on Earth would need to be at least Yellow in cognitive development and Pluralist in ego development for it to work, I think.

Traditionally you have to create an empire that wins the war against everybody. Then you do not need borders.

open borders might sound like a great idea at first but there'd be problems and it can be like a communism under one government everyone looking similar to each other speaking the same language.  

look, you're gonna tell me that I'm close-minded or something but believe me or not, look how beautiful it is that there are different varieties of races, nationalities, languages and cultures. what would it look like if there was only one species in jungle? boring...

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

It would probably be nice if it would be possible. But it's not. It's a fantasy which will never come true. Like "everyone should be happy". Reality stops it from happening.

Edited by Blackhawk

2 hours ago, hamedsf said:

look, you're gonna tell me that I'm close-minded or something but believe me or not, look how beautiful it is that there are different varieties of races, nationalities, languages and cultures. what would it look like if there was only one species in jungle? boring...

where are the borders in the jungle;) ? a world without borders and diversity in humanity arent nessecary contradictions ( you see, even inside of countrys there is a lot of diversity). but of course, it is nowhere realistic in our lifetime

Edited by eliasvelez

@Fearey

Sounds great. If we could have a unified government while simultaneously preserving some degree of individuality / diversity, I’m all for it.

The question is are people ready for that? I would suspect we are not. Our consciousness is too tribalistic still.

The focus of our generation is to lay foundation for these kind of changes. 

Also,

22 hours ago, Fearey said:

Ever since I reached Turquoise this seemed like a no-brainer to me.

I’d introspect on this. It sounds to me like you’ve maybe hit Green, not turquoise.

Look if humans were enlightened with real high intellectuallity, it may have actually worked, but given human ego, power hunger and idea to get filthy rich, such would quickly turn into dictatorship yet to be even heard off, because such would create unprecedented power that would be impossible to take away or defeat.

9 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I imagine a worldwide TURQOISE society being something like a worldwide Communist Government, without being explicitly so.

nobody wants a communist government for sure! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Husseinisdoingfine I left Turquoise years ago. I've been centered in stage Teal for about a year now. In my experience, the change from Coral to Teal happens when the self is fully transcended. This can take a long time and is a very, very painful process, letting go of everything that's you. The process of self-transcendence, which comes as a by-product of dissolving every aspect of the self, happens as you go through Coral. This too seems to be the case according to the Integral Theory of Ken Wilber, where Indigo likely is what Coral would be in Spiral Dynamics, and Violet is what Teal would be.

I think it's a lot more accurate to describe these later stages using Ken Wilber's theory, as the Spiral Dynamics model stops at Turquoise. Going forward I'll do this instead, in order to avoid confusion.

Edited by Fearey

INTJ 5w4 from Norway in favor of cultural cosmopolitanism