Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pseudom

Play to earn games

6 posts in this topic

So some of my friends invited my to try this game Axie thing which is a play-to-earn game based on the Etherium network blockchain. Basically you have to buy 3 characters (for around 1.5k$) and then you can start playing and by doing on average some games versus other players and daily missions you can earn like 170 credits (in game currency) per day in about 1-2 hours, with the current value of the game currency being a crypto in itself of aprox. 0.2$ you can make 34$ a day or around 1k$ a months just by playing 2 hours a day. I went a bit deep into this because it looked like a scam and indeed most of the game economy was based on new accounts being created. I started to play mostly cuz my friends do and because of fear of missing out but deep down I don't feel "proud" since it looks like a ponzi scheme. Also isn't something that is contributing for anything good in the society and pretty much is Orange leveled. I like the idea of my digital wallet fattening but also don't feel any joy when it does. Should I quit altogether or just see where it goes and if it pays dividend I can use it for spiritual growth and financial freedom? 

@impulse9 ye, basically all the crypto world is but at least it 'has a meaning' like more privacy and freedom but games like this don't do nothing other than taking money from late investors to older and experienced ones. Also when the playerbase will stop growing I don't know how it all will stick together. 

Interesting.

Stop it and create something on your own.

You're at the peak of Axie Infinity, like 6 months too late. Not sure how much longer it can go on for before the bubble bursts. Why not just invest in stablecoins or any number of altcoins that are paying 5%+ and also appreciating at a healthy percent per year?

@Yarco i already do that, got lucky on investing last year on June and not so lucky this May on tradings, you know how it goes but this topic was more on these kind of games and how self sufficient they might be.