Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie cho

Something attractive about a person not obsessed with power and social status

3 posts in this topic

I originally posted a question about how social status attracts females. But are we going to deny there is not some kind of powerlessness to a man striving for power? 

You can be famous and be a good person, yet be low status. You can be not famous but have influence over another any time any where. That is social status and power.

Isnt there a kind of power a person has when he doesnt feel the need to get power? Of course, the majority will be attracted to the social power, but isnt there a stronger magnetic attraction to a person like this who doesnt feel the need to control the whole world? Wouldnt this specifically attract certain persons more intimately and more powerfully as opposed to the majority?

I know this can be interpreted as very much philosophical, yet i have to talk about this with you. I know it has been discussed, but this topic has still been on my mind. 

I guess its like comparing a king to a dostoevsky. Majority loves kings but they fall out of love quickly after another king emerges. But people do love the dostoevksy like glue. 

Edited by charlie cho

yep, we're looking for something great. even we as men are looking for something powerful in women (of course, when they are in a feminine manner not the girl who's powerful in a masculine way acting like spiderman #sorryspideygurlz

we even as men wouldn't even last a few weeks with a girl who is depressed, negative and desperate, let alone this is the case of men!!

CURRENTLY, there have been a few girls who are EXTREMELY happy and ready to settle down with me whereas one or two years ago, this wasn't the case tbh and that might be because I have strengthened myself mentally and physically significantly and taken care of the other basic stuff during one and a half a year, 

so in a nutshell, if you demonstrate powerful behaviors in any way, she'll be yours! 

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@charlie cho doesn't this just equal "not narcissism"? If we're only attracted to narcissism then the world becomes a very shallow place. Not.... Quite at that extreme yet, plus its mostly a societal trend than something with historical permanence.