Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MDMD

Learning from Toxic Orange in Business

11 posts in this topic

Recently I've started making moves to become a copywriter so I can have the resources to leave my soul sucking 9-5, attend spiritual retreats, do more consciousness work, create a more conscious business model  etc. That said, I am continually realizing my mentors and teachers are just hyper egoic, angry, Liberal bashing devils! It's like I'm a Jedi working with the Sith lol. 

My gut tells me to return to Orange ideals so that I may climb out of this hole I'm in, but surely I'm living inauthentically when my core ideals revolve around truth and consciousness.

Anyone relate to this? How are you approaching holism in an environment that rejects outside perspectives? 

You can learn something of value from anyone. With that said though, there is not just toxic orange available for you to learn from. There is a lot of healthy orange material that is available out there too. For example the hustle culture is a good example of toxic stage orange. While a more healthy version would look like someone trying to build success for themselves without too much ruthlessness, scamming, trickery, etc. There is plenty of stage orange pursuits that actually create a ton of value for a lot of people without major negatives. 

Something to consider is that you can use many different stages to approach business, which will likely make it much more meaningful. For example a stage green business would show a lot more appreciation towards helping the world and others. Yellow would integrate more systematic structures into the business and more insight on how it effects the eco-system as a whole. Also, even stage blue would be important in business as that is where a good amount of integrity and discipline can come from. 

22 minutes ago, MDMD said:

so I can have the resources to leave my soul sucking 9-5

Some options might be to start looking into other jobs that you are more passionate about in the mean time. 

22 minutes ago, MDMD said:

I've started making moves to become a copywriter

Are you passionate about this? Or is this just a route to escape the 9-5? 

Edited by Average Investor

14 hours ago, Average Investor said:

Something to consider is that you can use many different stages to approach business, which will likely make it much more meaningful. For example a stage green business would show a lot more appreciation towards helping the world and others. Yellow would integrate more systematic structures into the business and more insight on how it effects the eco-system as a whole. Also, even stage blue would be important in business as that is where a good amount of integrity and discipline can come from. 

Thanks for the response man, yeah that's the plan.  Since this is a creative type work, there's room to grow in the next 5 years so that I might work with higher stages of the spiral. 

Are you passionate about this? Or is this just a route to escape the 9-5? 

Yes, I am passionate but recognize that this motivating force is also something that we must stoke and cultivate rather than relying on it to last of it's volition. In other words, it's necessary to bring passion to the work

Some options might be to start looking into other jobs that you are more passionate about in the mean time. 

15 hours ago, MDMD said:

Time I spend working at another 9-5 and building up those skill sets can instead be spent creating a business that get's me closer to my vision and purpose instead. Also the growth opportunities at most 9-5's (without years of specialized education and skill development) are mediocre at best. 

@MDMD

Yeah, starting you would be best off doing advertising for stage orange businesses. It would become increasingly difficult as you move up the spiral too. 

4 minutes ago, MDMD said:

Time I spend working at another 9-5 and building up those skill sets can instead be spent creating a business that get's me closer to my vision and purpose instead. Also the growth opportunities at most 9-5's (without years of specialized education and skill development) are mediocre at best.

You can get a job closer to what you want to do, or even in what you are wanting to do. You could be gaining skills through working that you want. Since it isn't going to happen making the business over night. You might even be able to work around someone doing copywriting if you look into all of the options. 

business and making money is not toxic. orange is not toxic, it's a level. remember this. if anybody tells you it's toxic probably that's the same guy making money off of that ignorance. 

don't always imagine things in spiral dynamics and put whole real life inside it.

this is the problem of many users on actualized.org misguided by some hidden agenda! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

3 hours ago, hamedsf said:

orange is not toxic, i

Each stage has healthy and toxic manifestations. Each person will demonstrate both aspects to lesser and greater extents.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

@MDMD

Of course, because you exist within a toxic, stage orange system. To succeed within that system requires being toxic stage orange to a certain degree.

You don’t just get to buck the system. If everyone could just buck the system, they would. The reality is many people have no choice. That’s how the whole thing maintains itself.

That said, you can pursue ideals higher up the spiral. But it may require you to play the stage Orange a bit.

The challenge here is this: how do you reap the benefits of participating in the stage orange system without getting stuck in its toxic aspects? How do you not “sell out”? 

This is not an easy question with an easy answer. I’m still not sure I’ve found the balance myself. And undoubtably it will be different for each person.

The key here seems to have a strong vision and to really know yourself. That will keep you grounded in your values as much as possible. Surround yourself with positive, higher consciousness influences.

6 hours ago, aurum said:

@MDMD

Of course, because you exist within a toxic, stage orange system. To succeed within that system requires being toxic stage orange to a certain degree.

You don’t just get to buck the system. If everyone could just buck the system, they would. The reality is many people have no choice. That’s how the whole thing maintains itself.

That said, you can pursue ideals higher up the spiral. But it may require you to play the stage Orange a bit.

The challenge here is this: how do you reap the benefits of participating in the stage orange system without getting stuck in its toxic aspects? How do you not “sell out”? 

This is not an easy question with an easy answer. I’m still not sure I’ve found the balance myself. And undoubtably it will be different for each person.

The key here seems to have a strong vision and to really know yourself. That will keep you grounded in your values as much as possible. Surround yourself with positive, higher consciousness influences.

Well said.

If you want to live a higher life, you gotta work for it. It will not just land in your lap. There's gotta be a cost.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You have to Break out of that system and break its back. But you need support. 

That is you need more people to be on board with you. 

One man phenomenon never works. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 8/9/2021 at 1:32 PM, aurum said:

I'll remember this, thanks dude! 

On 08/08/2021 at 3:10 AM, MDMD said:

Recently I've started making moves to become a copywriter so I can have the resources to leave my soul sucking 9-5

What does your copywriting strategy look like?

Because if you're planning on doing it as a freelancer then you're going to have to work 9-5 on email outreaching alone for around a week minimum. You could cut time down by showcasing some form of social proof but that's going to be hard to do if you're just starting.