integral

How to reduce Pain from Period Cramps?

18 posts in this topic

Wondering if any women here have found any good remedies to reduce the pain? Also what is the route cause? Is it entirely unavoidable? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

This was my question. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@integral 

How painful are these periods? Are you talking debilitating pain where the person is in bed and has a hard time functioning normally? 

Typically with periods, there is a point at which the symptoms of pms are a sign that something is wrong. 

Extreme pain is one of those signs. But you'd want to know more about the person to make any diagnosis. 

Sometimes it's that the body is quite unhealthy. Hormone imbalances are also something to look at. 

Super painful periods are not normal though, so no one needs to just accept that. 

"You Create Magic" 

14 hours ago, integral said:

Wondering if any women here have found any good remedies to reduce the pain?

Magnesium citrate (100mg twice or 3 times a day) combined with PLP. Take her to start taking it 2 weeks before her period. This was the most helpful thing for the few women, I've worked with. If they don't help, you could try a ginger extract. 

Also making sure her diet is rich enough in Omega 3s and not too high in Omega 6s or SFA pre-period times. Add some more phytoestrogens in her diet as well as brassica vegetables for improved sex hormones detoxification (tofu, flax, tempeh, broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts etc) 

Make sure her diet is rich in fibre and low in animal foods (especially those high in pro-inflammatory arachidonic acid like eggs and dairy) towards the end of the luteal phase (just before day 1). More warming foods (oatmeal, stews, curries, soups) and less cold foods (smoothies, cold salads) may help. Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric to each meal for some extra anti-inflammatory benefit. 

But sometimes even none of the above will help. In that case, you could try experimenting with Agnus Castus or Black Cohosh extract (but not if she is on hormonal OCP)

And if none of that still helps, taking some effective painkillers as the last resort for 2 or 3 days is ok. If she does take painkillers, tell her not to add any more turmerics or gingers or anything that could interact with them. Otherwise she'll get the effects of turmeric but the side effects of the pain killer. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I went from having cramps so bad I would sometimes puke from the pain and have to combine ibuprofen and Tylenol to get relief to having almost no pain. I think pregnancy helps a lot too but I'm not suggesting that. ;) 

Avoiding dairy and eating less meat, especially avoiding low quality meat and red meat is helpful. Cutting dairy in particular seems to be a huge help but you can go further. Sardines, wild caught salmon, fish oils may be beneficial. In general eat as healthy and clean as you can, more veggies and fruits, less processed foods and sugar. Make sure the fat you eat is high quality from healthy sources, avoid fried stuff. I do ok with grassfed butter. 

Manage stress. There's a strong link between stress and period pain. Meditation, exercise, spiritual practices, yoga, journaling, dancing, massage. Take time to rest. Know that from PMS onward you are going on an inward, spiritual journey of sorts and stuff will come up so you can see, deal, feel and purge a lot that isn't working for you anymore. Sometimes this happens for anyone no matter if they have cycles or where they are in their cycle, but it frequently coincides with the menstrual cycle. Some cycles this is an intense process, others are barely noticeable. If you resist this process which is actually a gift, it will manifest in physical pain. True for everyone, but period cramps are like the canary in the coal mine. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Ah! Good Insights! Human trials have begun. Thanks :D 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Also, wanted to say for the men here, (I heard Teal Swan say this in a video and so agreed), BE a partner who is not squeamish or embarrassed about such things. Super important, sexy and there's a lot of healing potential right there. :) 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

8 hours ago, integral said:

Ah! Good Insights! Human trials have begun. Thanks :D 

Good  luck!!

8 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Also, wanted to say for the men here, (I heard Teal Swan say this in a video and so agreed), BE a partner who is not squeamish or embarrassed about such things. Super important, sexy and there's a lot of healing potential right there. :) 

LMFAO i offered to Drink it straight from the tap, She declined sadly. :(:D HEY maybe it has health benefits? Got to keep an open mind. She declined. 

Edited by integral

15 minutes ago, integral said:

LMFAO i offered to Drink it straight from the tap, She declined sadly. :(:D HEY maybe it has health benefits? Got to keep an open mind. She declined. . 

Yeah, too far. 9_9 There's open mindedness and then there's, "I really pride myself in having an open mind." xD 

@Khr my pain is really bad. ?????

On 8/8/2021 at 3:39 PM, integral said:

i offered to Drink it straight from the tap, She declined sadly

I didn't know vampires were into personal development, lol! 

@Preety_India Heating pads and ibuprofen are your best friend.  A lot of health professionals say Ibuprofen's the best painkiller for periods (but I can't remember why).   A hot bath, or even hot tub jets are great, but tougher to find of course.

Also foot reflexology helps.  Especially massaging the hollow area behind your ankle bones.  

I also like to lie down on a rolled up towel that's placed vertically under my spine.  Placing a heating pad between the towel and your body is great too.  This person's using a foam roller, but a towel works best.  It also feels good to place it horizontally under my hips, or to place the towel wherever relieves pain.

There are a lot of videos on youtube of different stretches you can do that also help.

@FlyingLotus girly these are some nice tips. :x Hope my next period goes easy. 

I hope so too!  Period cramps suck, even for vampires it seems ;)

Magnesium chloride flakes for foot soaks in warm water. :)) Super helpful when you already have menstrual cramps. Body absorbs it really really fast that way.

Edited by Ina

Only thing that I find works for me (at those times when you're rolling around from the pain) is Feminax. Ibuprofen Lysine seems to be the main active ingredient.