Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jordan Welsh

The Problem With Hyper-Individualism

6 posts in this topic

So obvious it should not even be said. And yet most people fail to understand it due to their selfishness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I don't see this as being connected with individualism. 

It seems it has more to do with ethnicity, genetic differences and socio economic class. 

These differences will always exist because that's how they have evolved over time and their existence is already preprogrammed. 

This is a question of "fate" being a strong component of one's success in life. 

The kind of factors discussed in the video are basically "birth factors." 

I think instead of calling it individualism, a more appropriate title would be, "why birth factors should not be ignored and instead accommodated for!" 

Actually stretching this a bit further, I'd say that in comparison to Western cultures /societies /countries, this sort of discrimination and lack of opportunity/lack of equal outcome is far more pronounced in so called collectivist societies like India and rest of Asia. 

So having collectivism in my country or other similar countries doesn't really help. 

I'd say western societies/countries are still far more egalitarian and equal opportunity driven as compared to countries that are Non-Western. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think people are selfish because form their individual POV they are the only thing conscious entity that exist. So it is actually expected that they act so. 

Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either- Erich Fromm. 

Let's see the world for what it is, internet and media is a poing of view. Living in the world, without using internet and media is a very different world as you experience.

The majority of claims about everything on internet and media, are bias. The real world is very different from social media and the political or medical claims. 

Singer

14™