Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hulia

Software

10 posts in this topic

I am attached to a software. 

In fact I don´t need a cat

I have my software instead

At first a redbeard complains, there are too many options (and I gave him authorusation only the third of them!). I should delete all of them and leave only "standard", "standard", "standard". Though he was the one who called me constantly: can you please let calculate that, and then that and that and that, under condition that-- blah-blah and I want another view hier and another view there. And then he complains, there are too many selections. Idiot.

Today a new director, who just has been for 3 day in our company, calls me and says it´s too rigid- too liitle options and selections. She wants have columns instead of lines and lines instead of colums. In her old company there was another software, in which she could swith columns with lines. Really??? Is she really aware of what this software does before she sees her damned columns and lines which are just the tops of iceberg. Of course not. The director. Beside I explained her she can create of all the possible reports in circles and lines and columns and whatever in excel with links to software and automatic data updating every time she presses 2 damn keys. She told - too complicated. I told  -  I´ll do it for her. Just say what you want. She told , she wanna do it herself but not too complicated. 

I hate them all because they show little appreciation for my software. They see just a top of iceberg. And I am not able to explain them, what this software does before their fucking high level reports popp out of it. Every single figure is tracable and explinable. They get tired of too many details. The directors.

Fridge. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Fridge. 

?? Yes. I don´t like alcohol but I like fruits. My daughter put all the fruits we have into champaign. I want fruits and I don´t have options. 

2 minutes ago, Hulia said:

?? Yes. I don´t like alcohol but I like fruits. My daughter put all the fruits we have into champaign. I want fruits and I don´t have options. 

?????

Really. I just need to let it go. They should take new director´s old company´s software. And apply it for our 30 companies.  Split, aggregate, consolidate - geografically or on business units or functions or whatsoever. Report the costs by nature, by function. Build the groups and subgroups of companies, of cost centers, of profit centers on all the possible and impossible levels.

But they shouldn´t expect me to bring motivation and effort into the new shit. Till some new director comes and decides it´s a shit, he wants columns and lines like in his old company. 

Besided I worked in so many companies with so many softwares. I am pretty sure this one is awesome. I deeply respect the people who developed it. It´s exactly my type of logic. 

In the morning.... 

@Preety_India Well a cat is cuter, but a software is smarter.

And both are in danger.

A cat can be eaten by fox. And a software can be abandoned by a director.

8 minutes ago, Hulia said:

@Preety_India Well a cat is cuter, but a software is smarter.

And both are in danger.

A cat can be eaten by fox. And a software can be abandoned by a director.

Hehe. 

@Hulia haha, that red beard sounds like fun, let's call him rusty lol. 

So, you work in software development, huh? Interesting. Can you share some more details? I'm currently learning front end web development, and eventually I will be making web apps too. Maybe later after that I will also learn Android development, iOS, and Windows, but that'd be probably far into the future.

I've heard similar stories and complaints. Seems like some companies drain their best employees and underappreciate them. It's especially annoying when the boss has leverage but without skill or understanding. In most cases, they're spoiled like little kids and probably deserve some spanking lol.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)