Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pramit

How We Went From Politics Of Change To Politics Of Showmanship

4 posts in this topic

amazing documentary of how people seeking to simplify the world and how their lie have shaped the world : 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

I find claims of something new under the sun pretty rare.

There's a long history of politics as showmanship, so it's not like Trump is that much of a surprise.

And if we've learned anything from spiritual development, after big positive change a big ego backlash is the norm.

Complex mechanical systems maintain homeostasis.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

after big positive change a big ego backlash is the norm.

And vice versa.

Anti-consumercapitalism basic income psychedelic meditative revolution for 2020

Isn't showmanship something that has always been the norm? I mean Hitler was a very charismatic man who was very convincing in conveying his convictions and ideas. And he was able to convince a whole nation to commit genocide and wage war with the world. 

Not only politics. Also look at sports, I don't know if any of you guys watch Boxing and MMA where they work with a Pay-per-view broadcast. But not necessarily the best athletes garner the most views or make the most money, it is the most charismatic and enticing personalities that attract the most attention and convince the fans to spend money to watch them perform.

Same goes for acting, the best Shakespearian actors of the world are not the highest paid nor most popular actors. It's the one with the pretty face and the most charismatic personality(Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, etc.).

You can go on and on. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)