Twega

I Discovered A Potent LSD Amplifier

19 posts in this topic

DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU ARE VERY EXPERIENCED WITH LSD AND CAN TOLERATE HIGH DOSES

IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO PSYCHEDELICS DO NOT TRY THIS

I am not very sensitive to LSD; I need very high doses to trip. Nothing to do with tolerance or inaccurate doses. I have taken long breaks and took LSD with my friend; I always need more than people.

With this in mind, cannabis was my favorite drug to co-consume with LSD. They synergize very well, as many of you will agree.

I do not have any, so I decided to try something out.

I took 100 mg of Oleamide 3 hours into my trip. 

"Oleamide is a derivative of Oleic Acid (major omega-9 fatty acid form Olive Oil) with a nitrogen group, and appears to be naturally associated with sleep; injections induce sleep and activate the same receptors as Marijuana."

"On 5-HT2A receptors, 10-300nM of Oleamide is able to potentiate serotonin-induced receptor signaling."

The 5-HT2A receptor is the receptor that psychedelics bind to.

"Appears to interact highly with serotonin receptors, augmenting the signaling of serotonin agonists through the 2X receptor subsets. The potency of the above is fairly remarkable and occurs at very low concentrations with high efficacy. Oleamide is likely a serotonergic synergist."

I did not find any trip report on this combination. But, after reading about pharmacology, I was convinced it was both safe and potent. So, I decided to try it.

AND OMG!

It increased the intensity to almost double.

I freaked out at first of how intense it was.

It also made the headspace feel extremely hypnotic if you know what I mean.

It is hard to describe, except that it made the visuals very dream-like and hypnotic, increasing almost every mental aspect of LSD.

The only drawback? Very short-lived: 40-50 mins or so.

I think this because Oleamide is broken down quite rapidly. I did not try to re-dose again; I suspect it would work.

The people why may benefit from this are those who feel LSD is not very mystical / or potent enough to create that powerful mystical headspace that for example DMT gives me effortlessly. With LSD, I can take 4 tabs and go talk to my mom while pretending I'm not tripping. With Ayahuasca: NO WAY.

Edited by Twega

11 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Nice find, I'm impressed. Did you come up with this idea yourself?

@Tim R Yeah I guess I did. I did not find anything on Reddit or google with this combination or any other serotonergic psychedelic for that matter. The only useful information I found was that it potentiates 5-HT2A receptor signaling, and has some receptor binding profile as cannabis when I read that, I was like, AHA! xD

Edited by Twega

5 minutes ago, Twega said:

I did not find anything on Reddit or google with this combination or any other serotonergic psychedelic for that matter.

Yeah because people tend to just increase their dose instead of using Oleamide?? 

10 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Yeah because people tend to just increase their dose instead of using Oleamide?? 

Now they won't need to:PxD. I'll do anything to save tabs!

17 minutes ago, Twega said:

I'll do anything to save tabs!

giphy.gif

@Twega Good man!!?

Seems like it would work. Though oleamide is apparently like cannabis if you took out every effect besides sleep induction. Might make you a bit tired.

Also Syrian Rue is notorious for increasing the power of psychedelics, and by a scary amount. (EDIT: only works for tryptamines!)

Or you could try this technique:

Imagine you're giving an object to someone. Now imagine you're the one receiving the object. Now imagine you're both. Which experience is absolute? Is there even experience? What is absolute? Unify that happening and access the next level beyond spacetime.

Edited by The0Self

12 hours ago, The0Self said:

Also Syrian Rue

It is an MAO-I. Combining MAO-I especially with LSD is probably scarier than DMT because DMT is broken down rapidly while LSD is not. I haven't tried it, though.

13 hours ago, The0Self said:

Also Syrian Rue is notorious for increasing the power of psychedelics, and by a scary amount.

1 hour ago, Twega said:

It is an MAO-I. Combining MAO-I especially with LSD is probably scarier than DMT because DMT is broken down rapidly while LSD is not. I haven't tried it, though.

@The0Self @Twega MAO inhibitors don't potentiate the effects of LSD. In fact, they even reduce them. 

The same can therefore be said about SSRIs which act as MAOI. 

Always do proper research on psychedelics. 

40 minutes ago, Tim R said:

MAO inhibitors don't potentiate the effects of LSD. In fact, they even reduce them. 

"Pretreatment with the MAO-inhibitors iproniazid, clorgyline, or deprenyl abolishes the effects of LSD on the conditioned avoidance response (CAR) in rats." 

You're correct. My bad. I never even thought of taking MAOI with Lysergamides. Tryptamines only, of course not 5-Meo-DMT, as that would be potentially lethal.

I had similar experience with 5 HTP taken ~3 hours before tripping. Interesting thing is that it doesn't really work on low doses. 100 ug of 1P LSD (rectal) was extremly strong (still not close to 5 Meo) but 30 ug was barely noticeable.

I expected that I can lower the dose because plugging is more effective and 5 HTP will also do it's job. It seems that doesn't work in a linear fashion. I doubt that you can 'save tabs'.

My man Twega safe the world, even Lord Gura proud of him.

Edited by Windappreciator

7 hours ago, Tim R said:

@The0Self @Twega MAO inhibitors don't potentiate the effects of LSD. In fact, they even reduce them. 

Makes sense. Come to think of it I think the Syrian Rue only potentiates tryptamines. Not just dmt though; shrooms as well. Guess I figured if it potentiates psilocin it should potentiate LSD — I may have been wrong in making that assumption.

4 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Makes sense. Come to think of it I think the Syrian Rue only potentiates tryptamines. Not just dmt though; shrooms as well. Guess I figured if it potentiates psilocin it should potentiate LSD — I may have been wrong in making that assumption.

Yes exactly, that's because LSD isn't a tryptamine. But because DMT, Psilocybin and Psilocin are various Tryptamine compounds, they have one (mono) amino-group. Therefore, MAOs can degrade them by cutting off the amino-group, which is obviously inhibited by MAOIs.

LSD however is a derivative of lysergic acid which has no amino-group in its structure and is therfore not affected by MAOs or the effect of MAOIs.

The commonality between the tryptamine psychedelics and LSD is that they both have and effect on the 5-HT2A-receptors (among others). 

On 8/6/2021 at 3:27 PM, The0Self said:

Also Syrian Rue is notorious for increasing the power of psychedelics, and by a scary amount.

Works great with dmt and doubles the effects of psilocybin in my experience. Wont help with lsd though?

Cool, thank you for sharing.

https://www.amazon.com/Nutricology-Stabilium-200-GARUM-30-Count/dp/B003PR0O5Q

15 pills of Stabilium in the come up is also an amazing amplifier. Especially the first time I did it.

I also always take passiflora with LSD and it seems to be an amplifier as well.

The mix of : (Reishi, maitake, shiitake, l theanine, bacopa, holy basil, griffonia), also gives a great boost. I take it sometimes in the second part of the trip to have a second peak. Never tried in the come up or peak but that must be insane.

Finally, if I take modafinil the day before tripping, I notice that my LSD trips are significantly stronger.

Edited by knakoo

@Twega do you mean the whole trip only lasted 40-50 mins?

Did you feel any lower than normal the next day? LSD makes me in a very low mood for a few days after. I wonder if this would potentiate that as well.

8 minutes ago, Adodd said:

LSD makes me in a very low mood for a few days after

I too sometime get this effect, and strangely LSD is the only psychedelic entheogen that ever produces this for me (except for maybe MDMA but that’s hardly a psychedelic). Probably its dopaminergic qualities.

2 hours ago, Adodd said:

do you mean the whole trip only lasted 40-50 mins?

@Adodd No I mean the potentiation of effects lasted only 40 mins.

2 hours ago, Adodd said:

Did you feel any lower than normal the next day? LSD makes me in a very low mood for a few days after. I wonder if this would potentiate that as well.

My gf and sister experience this as well. To be honest, I only experience it if I do not sleep enough. After LSD, I need to sleep like an extra hour than I normally do, if I don't I wake up feeling down. Not tired, just down. But it goes away towards the end of the day usually.