r0ckyreed

Is this a magic mushroom?

10 posts in this topic

Hello fellow actualizers.

I am new to psychedelics.

I was walking in the mountains, and I stumbled upon red mushrooms with white spots, which I immediately recognized from looking at pictures of magic mushrooms. However, I am not so certain, and I was wondering if any of you psychonauts have any familiarity the mushrooms I found in the mountains?

My Images:

D9998813-9810-4493-AB19-284A0F466573.jpeg

I believe this mushroom may be called Amanita muscaria, which can be found here on Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

Thank you for your time! :) 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Another image I have from my spiritual hike in mountains:

DD0F8437-4A4B-42A6-A316-244CC45B0590.jpeg

Of course this is all for educational purposes. Thank you!

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Its not a normal magic mushroom as people here uses. and dont eat it.  There might be normal magic mushroom near it. I have heard stories of people cooking the above mushroom and tripping for weeks. I dont have any personal experience with it. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Thank you! Yeah. I am not ready to eat shrooms, particularly ones I have found in the wild. Need to do more research for sure. Thank you for your input! Tripping for weeks?! That is intense! I could see that being useful for a retreat ;) 

First off: no, they're not magic mushrooms.

But yes, that's Amanita muscaria. Here in Europe they are extremely abundant, every little kid knows them. Be careful with those:

They don't contain Psilocybin or Psilocin. They are hallucinogenic, yes, but people have extremely weird trips on them because they are deliriants. They're not psychedelics. I haven't done them, I don't plan doing them and I don't advise you to do them either. For three reasons: 

1) As I said, they are deliriants. Like for example Salvia divinorum or Datura, which are extremely strong and can seriously f*ck you up if you're immature and inexperienced, please keep that in mind. 

2) In comparison with Psilocybin mushrooms, they hold little value when it comes to spiritual work (again, because they're deliriants)

3) They're poisonous. The lethality rate is 5%. It's possible to prepare them (I think you can either soak them in milk or heat dry them, or both, I don't remember) so that the poisonous chemicals are made harmless, but still, they contain poison and if I were to choose between a poisonous mushroom and a nontoxic mushrooms, I'll take the latter. 

Edited by Tim R

right, that's Amanita muscaria as the person above said. I really don't recommend tripping on this, but it is very good for microdosing. Search about it 

Would be interesting to know if someone here in this forum actually tried datura or this mushrrom above. I imagine it to be a strong mental and physical horror trip. But who knows, maybe there are people, who have gotten some value out of them. But why take deliriants, if normal non-toxic hallucinogenics are just as abundant. 

Its like quenching your thirst with vodka. 

Edited by Vynce

Amanitas are more like lucid dreaming inducers and much of a psychedelic

Wow! I sincerely appreciate all the input and detailed information here. I am learning a lot and am glad I posted my pics here! Thank you all so much! 

Don't take those unless you know exactly what you're doing. They can indeed invoke transcended experiences but you have to know how to prepare them, and from most trip reports I've read and heard about the experience is typically not enjoyable at all, the experience is more like a shamanic rite (which is what it was used for in certain shamanic cultures). It's not a classical magic mushroom in that the primary psychoactive compound in it is muscimol and not psilocybin like with "classical" magic mushrooms. Please be careful with these.