Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BetweenTwo

Understanding physical illusion

7 posts in this topic

It’s been years trying to understand how physical sensations within direct experience are illusory.. 

It can understand that something can arise out of nothing and that nothing is the source for everything, it also gets that IT IS everything that is occuring within its field of experience without heirarchy.. Sure… but like existence is occurring for the perceiver that’s observing it…  physical objects may arise out of nothingness and are only sensations that the (no-self) is experiencing, but it can’t just be a conceptual idea that you as an identification doesn’t exist and therefore is the illusion…

What I don’t get is happening prior to the language used to conceptualise it. I can’t deny that I directly need this thing we call oxygen for survival, like that’s actually occurring for me in this present moment… nothing outside of my direct experience is occurring and there is no self to directly experience it anyway (so they say).. so how could it exist if it’s not existing and if it’s not existing then how can you explain the sensations experienced?… an imagination within the infinite mind… 

It seems like Enlightenment is just a way to describe our infinite nature, yet somehow our finite bodies don’t encompass physicality?? 
I know, I get it, I’m self deceived and such …. .. but how tho? How can the illusion run without something to experience it?

Consciousness is totally direct so Reality is totally direct, as Reality & Consciousness are One.

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

There is no veil of perception. There's just Being. Pure. Direct. Now.

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

8 hours ago, BetweenTwo said:

It can understand that something can arise out of nothing and that nothing is the source for everything

That's it. You've hit the nail on the head. Except there is no nail or head. 

Where do physical sensations go? Where do physical sensations appear from ? The same place, right. They dissolve into...? 

That's it. Illusion has too much meaning. Try the word being. Try the word source. Any words can work. It's not a word, it's an experience. You need to experience it. Then you'll know. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

8 hours ago, BetweenTwo said:

How can the illusion run without something to experience it?

Your looking for a mechanism to run Infinity.   It's fucking Infinity!  It's Infinity!  It does not need a mechanism.  To grasp this is to roll around on the floor in convulsions because it's too much to take in your current finite form.....good luck.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Excuse my ignorance, just wrapping my head around it.

So let’s say you were to completely remove all personal associations by self within its experience, what’s left is infinity operating as it always has but without its (ego) claiming to be seperate and an individual within that space..

For me there’s nothing outside of oneness, or even below the surface and so how can I deny the sensations of physicality as if it’s not being directly experienced.. ? even if it’s just the sensation of touching the ground or being alive.

I can see how ego inherently as a source of survival creates a partition from the whole to exist separately as an individual (ego as the illusion thinking it’s not One), but that’s not saying that existence doesn’t exist? 

If you were to completely remove all attachments and associations wouldn’t you be in a non-dual state of experience.. experiencing infinity as that?
Like I know what it’s like not to be physical but until I cease to exist (in this finite form) this dimension i occupy has walls I can’t walk through lol, to me this is the structure for the substance to survive.

I think your right in me trying to mechanise it, I think i’m trying to understand how existence comes into being from non-existence. 

Thanks for the responses, it’s helping greatly.

51 minutes ago, BetweenTwo said:

Excuse my ignorance, just wrapping my head around it.

So let’s say you were to completely remove all personal associations by self within its experience, what’s left is infinity operating as it always has but without its (ego) claiming to be seperate and an individual within that space..

For me there’s nothing outside of oneness, or even below the surface and so how can I deny the sensations of physicality as if it’s not being directly experienced.. ? even if it’s just the sensation of touching the ground or being alive.

I can see how ego inherently as a source of survival creates a partition from the whole to exist separately as an individual (ego as the illusion thinking it’s not One), but that’s not saying that existence doesn’t exist? 

If you were to completely remove all attachments and associations wouldn’t you be in a non-dual state of experience.. experiencing infinity as that?
Like I know what it’s like not to be physical but until I cease to exist (in this finite form) this dimension i occupy has walls I can’t walk through lol, to me this is the structure for the substance to survive.

I think your right in me trying to mechanise it, I think i’m trying to understand how existence comes into being from non-existence. 

Thanks for the responses, it’s helping greatly.

Yes in a non-dual state there is no physical reality there is only God/Love.  This is precisely because there is only itself.   And itself is Infinity. . Physicality is being imagined.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.