spinderella

If there is no self, why do I think there is?

29 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Since it has no bounds, nothing prevents it from becoming infinitely intelligent, and hence it became infinitely intelligent "for free".

why didn't it become infinitely dumb then? 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

2 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

Dumb is not an opposite of intelligence. Its on the same "scale"  since its infinite. Dumb is relative. just my opinion.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

There is a sensation in the body that has been labeled “me/self/I/etc”.  The body is then conditioned through repetition to believe the accuracy of that label and acts accordingly, which is out of coherence with the truth of reality which is why it experiences suffering and confusion.

That sensation isn’t anything in particular until you think about it.  Thoughts are simply heavily conditioned to reference that sensation as a self, which is why they do that and why the body also acts as if it is the case.

So you’re trying to invalidate the validity of an assumption that was never valid in the first place! Haha! No wonder it’s so tricky.  You’re looking at it as if it has any validity at all when in reality the problem is that you have all of these mental activities running nonstop that are interpreting that sensation as a self.  Just realize that you’ve been making an inacurate interpretation and that it will take time for the body to fully condition itself to be in alignment with the more correct interpretation.  You will and likely already have noticed that it will reduce the other suffering inducing reactions to everything, aka interpreting everything that happens based on how it relates to “me”.

Also, WHO THINKS THAT IT IS A SELF??  Other thoughts about it? Those aren’t you are they? Of course not.  So not only is there no you, there is no you to think that there is a you! They are just thoughts that run on repeat because that body has been conditioned to respond to its circumstances that way. Hilarious, isn’t it?

Teachers like Fred Davis do a great job on driving this home if my description resonates with you.

Edited by Kykeon

2 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

It did.

That's what a rock is.

Infinite dumbness is just a subset of Infinite Intelligence.

Funnily enough, being dumb is only possible via Infinite Intelligence. Intelligence had to figure out a way to act dumb to itself. This is actually a move of genius.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Tao Ta Ching- "My mind is so still I am like an idiot" 

And within that stillness there is infinite potential for all things.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Funnily enough, being dumb is only possible via Infinite Intelligence. Intelligence had to figure out a way to act dumb to itself. This is actually a move of genius.

Christ, there's a head-fuck right there :|

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

On 8/5/2021 at 8:10 AM, spinderella said:

If there is no self, why do I think there is?

Is there a video on this or something I can read?

What is the mechanism by which consciousness imagines?

I understand

What is a self referential thought. 

There is no thinker of thoughts.

Hoping to burst your bubble, (I is a thought, and of course, not even) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

49 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What is a self referential thought. 

There is no thinker of thoughts.

Hoping to burst your bubble, (I is a thought, and of course, not even) 

What Nahm is really getting at is that the "I thought" nests itself into MANY of your experiences.  Every time you have an intention to do something, the I-thought latches onto it immediately and "takes credit" for the intention thought.  In reality, the intention happened first--and no sensation can take credit for another sensation.  When you see, there is no watcher, only that which is seen.  I challenge you to find ANY separation between the two. 

When you feel a sense of self, that is usually a felt body sensation + emotional background pattern + I-thought.  Or, alternatively, you could notice that the self-sense arises IN RESPONSE TO interpretation of phenomenon.  For example, when you see a car, you fabricate out of the colors and shapes an "object" which relates back to YOU and how YOU could use/benefit from that object.  When you feel pain, you fabricate a YOU that is "feeling" the pain.  In reality, there is just pain arising.  With close observation you can see this in 100% of your experience.

And finally, when Leo trips, and God arises, the I-thought latches onto God.  But there is only God arising :)

Edited by Flyboy

There is self, what are you talking about? It is the entire of consciousness. That does not mean that we are all homogenious. Only from a substance point of view. 

Singer

14™